Paul M. Weir

Forum Guru
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llIreland
The new aircraft counters are excellent! I can certainly envision these new birds flying in a few other theaters as well.
That's the beauty of BFP stuff. With the exception of ITR and HG2 which had no counters (OK, BtB2 had none but was effectively twinned with BFP 2), they have added new units that filled official gaps, captured versions of existing stuff as well as greatly expanding the variety of aircraft.

Though some might not be overly enthusiastic about guns/AFV/aircraft that will see little use outside BFP scenarios, DYOers like me will welcome any additions that expand and complete ASL-as-toybox.

mi80j

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Thank you very much for posting these!

The turn marker is by far the best looking one I have ever seen.
The artwork on the U.S. 747 and Japanese 448 counters is great.
Will Bounding Fire be selling these great-looking countersheets separately?

Again, thank you very much for posting these views.

Yuri0352

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
That's the beauty of BFP stuff. With the exception of ITR and HG2 which had no counters (OK, BtB2 had none but was effectively twinned with BFP 2), they have added new units that filled official gaps, captured versions of existing stuff as well as greatly expanding the variety of aircraft.

Though some might not be overly enthusiastic about guns/AFV/aircraft that will see little use outside BFP scenarios, DYOers like me will welcome any additions that expand and complete ASL-as-toybox.
The type-specific BFP aircraft counters certainly qualify as chrome, however they are just one of my favorite features of their product line.
Besides, I've always thought it was rather awkward to have a Hawker Typhoon counter representing U.S. Naval close air support during a USMC scenario.

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Will the product be available in Europe via retailers at preorder price (LFT anyone?)?

von Marwitz

Aaron Cleavin

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
The plane counters look nice, but they add complications to the storage system. The one-plane-fits-(almost)-all system has its advantages.
Kinda like rejecting a tank design because it didn't fit the styling of the Chevaliers Uniforms, not that I can actually find any record of either the French or Italians doing this :-(
So maybe it a bit like building inadequate tanks because they couldn't be fit on the Rail gauge which the British were most certainly guilty of!

Paul M. Weir

Forum Guru
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llIreland
The plane counters look nice, but they add complications to the storage system. The one-plane-fits-(almost)-all system has its advantages.
Why don't we have one-tank-fits-all as well? Everybody gets Matilda IIs in 39-41, T-34s in 42-43 and Tiger IIs in 44-45, even the Japanese. :(

While I don't expect or even look for an accurate air to air combat model, different aircraft can have dramatically different effects on the ground. I finally get to see what someone rates a B-25J with hard nose looks like, 12/14 forward firing .50" MG and over twice the bomb load of a heavily loaded 8 .50" P-47.

rreinesch

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Will the product be available in Europe via retailers at preorder price (LFT anyone?)?

von Marwitz
Nothing official yet, but our expectation is that it would at least be available through LFT, if not preorder, at least without the large markup for international postage.

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Kinda like rejecting a tank design because it didn't fit the styling of the Chevaliers Uniforms, not that I can actually find any record of either the French or Italians doing this :-(
So maybe it a bit like building inadequate tanks because they couldn't be fit on the Rail gauge which the British were most certainly guilty of!
They weren't the only ones. The U.S. partially delayed the production and shipment of the M26 Pershing because of similar problems. In fact IIRC, it took almost three months for the U.S. railway system to get together enough applicable transport to ship the first batch to a port of embarkation and then a specially designed transport ship and load requirements had to be used because of the load difficulties encountered in shipping these systems overseas. This was one of the reasons not a lot of M26's saw service in WW-II. This situation would persist at least until 1950 when emerging technology in the transport, dock & shipping systems had adjusted to emerging modern requirements.

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Honestly, I really wish BFP would give those of us who are not into collecting counters an option to buy without counters. I only see maybe a few counters that would be helpful for this product, the rest seem redundant I think.

Houlie

CEO of HoulieDice (TM)
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I saw the scenario list on the BFP site. Curious if there is any detail run-down on the scenarios, i.e., squad counts, airdrop, vehicles, turn length, etc.? The usual secenario summary stuff.

Chas

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
From our end we believed we were on track to have it shipped in time for Christmas.
However, we are at the mercy of the printers.

-We approved the counter proof over 2 weeks ago, but are caught in the "December rush".
-Everything else is also approved and getting into the print schedule.

Will keep you updated as more information becomes available. Regardless, shipping is very close.

Chas

rreinesch

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I saw the scenario list on the BFP site. Curious if there is any detail run-down on the scenarios, i.e., squad counts, airdrop, vehicles, turn length, etc.? The usual secenario summary stuff.
Let me work something up for you.

rreinesch

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Here are details for the scenarios in Corregidor.
Totals where noted are for the attacker and defender OBs combined. In all cases where caves are noted, cave complexes are NA. (FH = foxholes)

Assault on Monkey Point - 6.5 turns, 26 SEs, 2 Guns, Night
The Japanese are in Denver - 5.5 turns, 14.5 SEs, wire, FHs, Trenches, PB
With Profound Regret - 5.5 turns, 28.5 SEs, MTR, 3 AFVs, wire, mines, FHs, trenches
Return to the Rock - 7.5 turns, 28 SEs, paradrop
Loss of Command - 7 turns, 13 SEs, trenches, FHs
Black and Blue Swarms - 6.5 turns, bulldozer, Gun, 3 AFVs, 23.5 SEs, wire, PBs, mines, NOBA, seaborne assault
Desperate Hours - 7 turns, 25 SEs, FHs, AFV
A Deadly Tide - 4.5 turns, 12.5 SEs, FHs
Black Beach Slaughter - 9.5 turns, 33.5 SEs, Aircraft, wire, trenches, PBs, caves, tetrahedron, mines, NOBA, seaborne assault
Par for the Course - 7.5 turns, 50 SEs, 2 Guns, trenches
Fire in the Hole - 6.5 turns, 19 SEs, FHs, Caves, NOBA
Bloodied at Wheeler - 6.5 turns, 22 SEs, wire, cave, trench, PB, panji, mines
The Infernal Machine - 7.5 turns, 18 SEs, trenches
Dangerous Descent into Maggot Valley - 6.5 turns, 26.5 SEs, trenches, FHs
Night of the Living Dead - 5.5 turns, 33 SEs, Gun, PB, FHs, Night, NOBA
Too Close for Comfort - 6.5 turns, 37 SEs, Gun, FHs
Clearing the Badlands - 15 turns, 116.5 SEs, aircraft, 8 Guns, 12 AFVs, FHs, mines PBs, caves, trenches, panjis, fortified locations, OBA/NOBA
Disaster Near Infantry Point - 8.5 turns, 39 SEs, Gun, FHs, OBA/NOBA, Night
Pug-Nacious - 5.5 turns, 16.5 SEs, Gun, caves, trenches, PB, mines, AFV, aircraft, NOBA
Prequel to Armageddon - 6.5 turns, 26.5 SEs, Gun, caves, trenches
The Gates of Hell - 6.5 turns, 20 SEs, Gun, AFV, PBs, caves, trenches, mines, NOBA