Vasl maps and extension for Critical Hit Omaha West and East available

General Mayhem

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Ray Tapio has given permission for the Vasl maps and extension for CH Omaha East and West to be made available.

A zip file can be downloaded from:

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=7kzb699hvtsvk

Once downloaded just unzip, place the bd files in your boards folder, and the mdx file in your extensions folder.

When loading the maps in Vasl load the CHOWEdge map first then add a column and load the CHOW map. Next add a row and load the CHOEEdge map followed by the CHOE map. This makes one massive map.

The CHOmaha.mdx is an extension that is basically a reproduction of the FWAO extension made by Jeffrey Malter in 2010, but with a few extra counters added, so if you have the FWAO extension replace it with the CHOmaha extension.

Thanks to Rob Macginley for assistance in scanning and reviewing and obviously to Jeffery Malter (aka Counterman CX) for his work on the extension.

General Mayhem

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
I am liaising with him on releases. He has been willing to release all requests I have made so far, its really just depending on what map access I have - what is DTW I will see what I can do. I have several in the pipeline. Mamayev Kurgan is next on my list.

Tractor Works?

macrobo

King of Boxcars
Reaction score
First name
Rob
Country
llAustralia
Hi Scott

What did that used to be called? - I have old versions so probably have it for Pete

Rob:)

RRschultze

Reaction score
First name
Ian
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Any chance ‘gates of hell’ (the other ponyri map) could be added to the list. Devils domain already done.

General Mayhem

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
I have a gif of the DTW board - no idea of source. Is that any use Pete?
That is an old Vasl map, from when you could just put Gif files in your boards folder. To use it now you need to add a data file. The latest version of the map has much better graphics. Until I can get round to doing this you can use the old map which I have added a data file to and is in the attached zip file .

* Edit* That map actually hurt my eyes so I just made a quick change to the level colours to make it less offensive. Try DTWa

Attachments

Last edited:

charlie

Reaction score
Country
ll
That is an old Vasl map, from when you could just put Gif files in your boards folder. To use it now you need to add a data file. The latest version of the map has much better graphics. Until I can get round to doing this you can use the old map which I have added a data file to and is in the attached zip file .

* Edit* That map actually hurt my eyes so I just made a quick change to the level colours to make it less offensive. Try DTWa
You are very kind. I have the later (paper) map myself and concur entirely about it being easier on the eye