Armies of Oblivion

A_T_Great

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I just got finished browsing through AOO. Another excellent product by MMP. I am glad they continued to add the second edition SASL rules in it.

Will Fleming

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Pretty happy with my buy. Fixed some map issues and the number of changed scenarios seems significant to me and is enough for me to take a look at the re-worked ones for my next few games.

On first thoughts, I think I like the BFP style "Fire" counters a bit better, but these from MMP certainly work as well. Doubt I will actually use either of them much however, but time will tell. BFP and new MMP counters are in my standard kit now.

JRKrejsa

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Pretty happy with my buy. Fixed some map issues and the number of changed scenarios seems significant to me and is enough for me to take a look at the re-worked ones for my next few games.

On first thoughts, I think I like the BFP style "Fire" counters a bit better, but these from MMP certainly work as well. Doubt I will actually use either of them much however, but time will tell. BFP and new MMP counters are in my standard kit now.
I didn’t know there would be scenarios changes. What got revised?

semenza

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

"Fire" counters?

Seth

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
The First Fire Inherent & First Fire SW are a boon. The First fire BMG, etc have too many possible combinations. If you could make a single counter that had electronics & leds in it so you could turn on/off indicators for individual weapons, that would be cool. I think the hardest part might be finding a suitable battery.

JR

hongkongwargamer

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
The First Fire Inherent & First Fire SW are a boon. The First fire BMG, etc have too many possible combinations. If you could make a single counter that had electronics & leds in it so you could turn on/off indicators for individual weapons, that would be cool. I think the hardest part might be finding a suitable battery.

JR
Or you can provide power remotely by induction.

Ric of The LBC

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

JR
PVs

semenza

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
OK, so are there new counters in AOO for BMG, CMG, MA, AAMG, fired? If so are they purple on white?

I have the inherent / SW, and PF fired counters. And I have the color coded ones for vehicle armaments but I wish the ones for vehicles were purple on white instead of the color coding.

Seth

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
OK, so are there new counters in AOO for BMG, CMG, MA, AAMG, fired? If so are they purple on white?

I have the inherent / SW, and PF fired counters. And I have the color coded ones for vehicle armaments but I wish the ones for vehicles were purple on white instead of the color coding.

Seth
The MMP ones are purple on white. They look really good.

Spencer Armstrong

Canard de Guerre
Reaction score
First name
Spencer
Country
llUnited States

JR
Agreed completely. The vehicle ones work great in VASL (battery included) but they’re impractical in meatspace.

Ric of The LBC

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

Seth

Seth
clipped from Facebook1539268166534.png