New MMP DASL pack

Spencer Armstrong

Canard de Guerre
Reaction score
First name
Spencer
Country
llUnited States
Well it’s great to see this pack up for preorder! Funny how Sunday when I arrived at ASLOK I heard one veteran ASLer tell a newbie how DASL was dead on arrival. Nice to see that change and to hear all the buzz yesterday in the gaming area as people talked about preordering the pack and just how much fun Deluxe is! Thx MMP for moving DASL back to the front.
I figure it's MMP savvily spotting demographic trends: As the player base's eyes get weaker and their hands get shakier, DASL is the only real answer. ;)

BattleSchool

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Arguably the best thing about MMP's decision to reprint the AH DASL modules is the inclusion of the (corrected) DASL overlays from ASL Annual '95, along with the addition of more overlays courtesy of Charlie.

The former will allow tremulous players with failing vision like me to play the DASL scenarios that we've held off playing due to lack of overlays--not our penchant for dozing off mid game as some claim. (Ya, I know. VASL has these overlays. But that kinda defeats the purpose of DASL, which is best played F-t-F with heaps of H-t-H CC and WA counters.) The latter overlays will provide more material to work with, encouraging the design of more big-hex scenarios that can take advantage of the new boards in the latest WO Pack. (If you haven't played any of the scenarios in this new pack, you're missing out on some good fun.)

With apologies to Tuomo and the rest of the map elves who'll have their work cut out for them when DASL Redux hits the streets on fire.

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
Arguably the best thing about MMP's decision to reprint the AH DASL modules is the inclusion of the (corrected) DASL overlays from ASL Annual '95, along with the addition of more overlays courtesy of Charlie.

The former will allow tremulous players with failing vision like me to play the DASL scenarios that we've held off playing due to lack of overlays
The corrected overlays are available for download here: http://www.multimanpublishing.com/Support/ASLASLSK/ASLOfficialDownloads/tabid/109/Default.aspx. Print 'em out and get to it. Be careful when you are printing them out because either or both of the .pdf viewer and/or the printer driver will try to resize the page to fit margins. Look at all the options and uncheck everything that looks like it might resize the print job.

JR

BattleSchool

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
The corrected overlays are available for download here: http://www.multimanpublishing.com/Support/ASLASLSK/ASLOfficialDownloads/tabid/109/Default.aspx. Print 'em out and get to it. Be careful when you are printing them out because either or both of the .pdf viewer and/or the printer driver will try to resize the page to fit margins. Look at all the options and uncheck everything that looks like it might resize the print job.

JR
This.

I printed these about a decade ago. But when I went to use them encountered the problem you pointed out. Never got around to reprinting them. Think I'll wait for repainted ones now.

Thanks just the same. Others may not want to wait.

KED

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
This is great news. As an older player I really prefer playing DASL for casual FtF games where tall crowded counter stacks are just no fun to deal with.

In another 5 or 10 years I might need MMP to re-print all their counters in a 1" variant that can be played on the DASL maps. Then I can keep playing as the eyes get weaker and weaker and the hand gets shakier :)
I'm with you Bob, but my vision is already poor.

mryder

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I preordered. Just shy of 300 orders so far. I think this one may take a while to hit 800. I think it will eventually, unlike the 2nd map pack. I've pretty much have given up on that one.

Xavier 658

LFT Magazine Editor
Reaction score
First name
Xavier
Country
llSpain
I would have as well if shipping was cheaper... As Lionel wrote in another thread, USD 51 $ for sending the module to Europe, plus usually the (heavy) FLAK from the customs are just far too expensive... :(

hongkongwargamer

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Likewise .. I can't preorder since I need to have enough money to keep a mattress when I live under the bridge after I retire

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
I preordered at secondchancegames : the final price is about the same for me.

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
Without customs: they will be the same for me in Switzerland.

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Without customs: they will be the same for me in Switzerland.
That is a pity. Indeed, customs will get at you regardless if you order from the UK or the US.
Still, you have some consolation in supporting a game store rather than a carrier with some of your money.

Isn't there some kind of game-store in Switzerland that would allow you to take advantage of lower prices like Second Chance for the UK (and still the EU) or UGG for Germany?

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
Isn't there some kind of game-store in Switzerland that would allow you to take advantage of lower prices like Second Chance for the UK (and still the EU) or UGG for Germany?
I don't know of a store selling ASL stuff.
There are boardgames stores, but the prices are steep.
I order most of my boardgames in France (at Philibert) : even with the customs, I have the games cheaper - and they have a "fidelity points" system which allows some price reductions.

Will Fleming

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Kind of on the fence on this one now as I have all this except for the new overlays--six sheets(?) of new overlays.

Anyone see the new artwork and if so, an improvement?

Scenarios....are most being re-worked/tweaked or are they mostly the same?

It will include:
• all eight original Deluxe ASL maps (a-h), repainted by Charlie Kibler and finished in the "tri-fold" style of Deluxe maps i-l from Winter Offensive Bonus Pack #9;
• all of the original Deluxe ASL overlays (from the 1995 Annual), also repainted by Charlie;
• six additional sheets of wooden and stone rubble Kibler overlays;
• the original 18 Deluxe ASL scenarios, all updated and rebalanced as needed;
• twenty to twenty-two (depending on layout) additional, out-of-print Deluxe ASL scenarios, also updated and rebalanced as needed;
• one box

hongkongwargamer

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Kind of on the fence on this one now as I have all this except for the new overlays--six sheets(?) of new overlays.

It will include:
• all eight original Deluxe ASL maps (a-h), repainted by Charlie Kibler and finished in the "tri-fold" style of Deluxe maps i-l from Winter Offensive Bonus Pack #9;
• all of the original Deluxe ASL overlays (from the 1995 Annual), also repainted by Charlie;
• twenty to twenty-two (depending on layout) additional, out-of-print Deluxe ASL scenarios, also updated and rebalanced as needed;
• one box

You have quite a bit of time though. This is a pre order.

I will probably get it as a backup.

william.stoppel

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

It will include:
• one box
From the list I saw over half the scenarios are being tweaked. Some pretty big dogs getting some really significant and needed changes.

william.stoppel

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
And as an aside I think the rubble overlays really transform the Deluxe battlefield. No more wondering whether that 5/8 inch grey counter is rubble or a level counter. Really adds a lot.