New MMP DASL pack

rottenroller

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Could you maybe repost them here for the ones who don't use Facebook?

von Marwitz
As a non-Facebook user, I second this request to have the picture(s) reposted here on GameSquad.

Perry, any chance of a preview at ASLOK?

Yuri0352

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Turns out it was Perry (not Chas) who posted it - with this comment: "Ken's Chinese attack up the hill against John's IJA at playtest Saturday"
That is a very attractive map.
I especially like the shadow effects at the edges of the hill levels.

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
Letter k.
That means that there are at least new maps i and j.
The look is between the previous ones and the LFT ones.

MAS01

Reaction score
First name
Mark
Country
llUnited States
Letter k.
That means that there are at least new maps i and j.
The look is between the previous ones and the LFT ones.
Take a close look at the bottom right corner of the photo. It looks like there is a letter designator there.

So, is the photo actually two boards?

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
Take a close look at the bottom right corner of the photo. It looks like there is a letter designator there.

So, is the photo actually two boards?
Yes.
There is k on the upper left and j - seemingly - on the bottom right (I missed that one : thanks for pointing it out).
DASL boards are only 5 hexes wide.
The picture shows a ten hexes wide surface, so those are two boards.

Will Fleming

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Gosh my brain is going. Totally unrelated, but I thought of the "k" as belonging to the Korea module, which of course anyone here could tell you is a totally different beast.

Must be scary that (some of) you lose to guys like me. :)

hongkongwargamer

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Gosh my brain is going. Totally unrelated, but I thought of the "k" as belonging to the Korea module, which of course anyone here could tell you is a totally different beast.

Must be scary that (some of) you lose to guys like me. :)
Scarier that (some of) us lose to you on a consistent basis. :)

william.stoppel

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Any update/details from MMP on the upcoming DASL Pack? I thought I saw a post from Brian that it would be up for pre-order after the first of the year but now can’t find it

Yuri0352

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Any Desert DASL ??? :D
Yes!
The Desert DASL will Not be at Winter Offensive this year, although there will be a playtest of the new DASL Gazala map taking place at the McCormick convention center in Chicago around the same time. Rumor has it that the map will depict the battlefield from a point several kilometers south of Bir Hacheim to a point just south of the Via Balbia. Should be fun!

Okay, some of that was'nt entirely true.
:)

bprobst

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Bruce
Country
llAustralia
Any Desert DASL ??? :D
I don't think that there would be much point to that. DASL is for actions involving a lot of troops packed into a relatively small area. There aren't many desert actions that qualify, and why would you print a DASL board that could only ever be used in one scenario?

Taking of Takrouna would probably qualify, but there's already a perfectly decent regular scenario for that; I don't think re-doing it as a DASL scenario would yield much improvement.

That being said, I can see a use in DASL for a (non-desert) really steep hill with twisty gullies etc., like Board 25. Not sure a single DASL board would really do it justice though.

I wonder if there's scope for Fortenberry-style DASL maps? If not, a double-wide two-part map would be interesting.

william.stoppel

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
You tease me Perry!
Well it’s great to see this pack up for preorder! Funny how Sunday when I arrived at ASLOK I heard one veteran ASLer tell a newbie how DASL was dead on arrival. Nice to see that change and to hear all the buzz yesterday in the gaming area as people talked about preordering the pack and just how much fun Deluxe is! Thx MMP for moving DASL back to the front.