Broken Ground Design: Pre-order pricing closes Jan. 31st

hongkongwargamer

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
In my view, shipping priority should be in accordance with order in which invoices were paid, and thus those who lost the time value of their money for the longest period of time would receive their product sooner.
You don't STOP losing the time value of money just because you receive your product sooner. The day you pay Footstep is the day when you convert your the time value of that money to Footstep's time value of that money.

robh91

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
You don't STOP losing the time value of money just because you receive your product sooner. The day you pay Footstep is the day when you convert your the time value of that money to Footstep's time value of that money.
I think the point that the poster is making is that your “utility” doesn’t start until you receive the product. His logic is (I think) “first to incur cost should be first to enjoy benefit”.

hongkongwargamer

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
I think the point that the poster is making is that your “utility” doesn’t start until you receive the product. His logic is (I think) “first to incur cost should be first to enjoy benefit”.
This I can understand and agree on had that been the contract made.

If am the one who paid first, you all have to wait til my Snipers get here ..muhahahahaja

Last edited:

Fred Campbell

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I'm happy regardless. I was just saying.... Fact is, Footsteps got them all shipped in an incredibly short period of time for a one-man operation.

Fred Campbell

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
This I can understand and agree on had that been the contract made.

If am the one who paid first, you all have to wait til my Snipers get here ..muhahahahaja
Yes, that's what I meant. And I intended it to apply after proofreaders (and reviewers) received theirs (since their proofreading (and reviewing) time is a form of payment in economic terms. All that said, I don't feel strongly about it and I'm happy either way. I was just responding to the idea that those who placed a preorder first should have priority over all.

Last edited:

Fred Campbell

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I've created counter storage box covers for each nationality in the Broken Ground Design counter set (plus KMT and Japanese) and uploaded them to the ASL resource page here on GameSquad. I'd posted some of them in jpeg on Facebook a few days ago and got multiple requests to make them available for use by others, but posted them here because Facebook doesn't accept PDFs. Here are some previews in JPEG so you know what they look like (though the PDF are much higher quality).

Attachments

Last edited:

Fred Campbell

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I saw some of these posted on FB, but hadn't realized you were inspired by my selection of counters. Very nice work!
I’m getting ready to clip and store them all, so I decided to do covers for some of the new nationalities you made, like the Free French. Now that I have your instruction sheet, sounds like I need to make separate Partisan covers for east, west, and Balkans.

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
I've created counter storage box covers for each nationality in the Broken Ground Design counter set (plus KMT and Japanese) and uploaded them to the ASL resource page here on GameSquad. I'd posted some of them in jpeg on Facebook a few days ago and got multiple requests to make them available for use by others, but posted them here because Facebook doesn't accept PDFs. Here are some previews in JPEG so you know what they look like (though the PDF are much higher quality).
For what type of containers are these sized - RAACO or Plano or other?

von Marwitz

footsteps

Just visiting
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I’m getting ready to clip and store them all, so I decided to do covers for some of the new nationalities you made, like the Free French. Now that I have your instruction sheet, sounds like I need to make separate Partisan covers for east, west, and Balkans.
The Partisans are one full sheet of 1/2" counters per "theatre", plus a full sheet of 5/8" counters for "Tito's tanks" (plus two Pudels for the Warsaw Uprising). That's one each for East & West, and two sheets for Balkans. Not sure they qualify for separate containers.

FMFCB

Reaction score
First name
Dave
Country
llCanada
When does the pre-order for the Pacific theater counters begin?
Will the Thai army be included? BFP and MMP seem to have left it out. I know it could be included with the Axis minors.
Dave

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Raaco is 337 by 278mm external dimensions. I'd lose a little for the edges but not very much.

Punched my OBA shots last night.
The Zerkers are next then to do raaco labels so I can sort in advance.

Paul M. Weir

Forum Guru
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llIreland
Will the Thai army be included? BFP and MMP seem to have left it out. I know it could be included with the Axis minors.
Dave
Actually BFP has the Thai army covered in B&J. They use the existing Axis Minor counters along with about a half sheet of 5/8" counters including Japanese Ha-Go tanks in AxMi Green, amongst other Thai specific stuff. They also use AxMi Green for the IRA (the Indonesian not Irish IRA) and INA. BFP pretty much wiped the board with regard to Asia.

FMFCB

Reaction score
First name
Dave
Country
llCanada
Actually BFP has the Thai army covered in B&J. They use the existing Axis Minor counters along with about a half sheet of 5/8" counters including Japanese Ha-Go tanks in AxMi Green, amongst other Thai specific stuff. They also use AxMi Green for the IRA (the Indonesian not Irish IRA) and INA. BFP pretty much wiped the board with regard to Asia.
Poor eyesight and memory.
Thanks Paul.
Dave

Last edited:

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
"AxMi Green"! LOL, now that's funny; probably not politically correct to laugh at that in today's era of thin skinned outlooks, but funny nonetheless.:D:facepalm::happy: