Desperation Morale Update - Where oh Where are You!

Paul M. Weir

Forum Guru
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llIreland
I thought you had it wrong about the Irish FNs, my memory was that it was a pretty standard FN with full auto ability and a minute's googling confirmed that. Only the British (and Australians who used the same pattern) both inched their manufactured versions and made it semi-auto only. Irish fire discipline may well have been up to British standards simply because Ireland could barely afford ammunition. No stick your hand and rifle above the parapet and fire while hosing around.

I would rate such a squad as something like a 7-5-M due to all squad members having automatics and a LMG. The 6 FP of a Soviet 6-2-8 (which had no LMG) + 1 for the LMG. From memory the Squad leader usually had a Carl-Gustav 9mm M/45 (a DO NOT DROP weapon).

Last edited:

Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
I thought you had it wrong about the Irish FNs, my memory was that it was a pretty standard FN with full auto ability and a minute's googling confirmed that. Only the British (and Australians who used the same pattern) both inched their manufactured versions and made it semi-auto only.
I trained on the FN and can tell you Canada did not have a full auto. We did have a heavier LMG version called the C2, which was full auto, but had a heavy barrel and bipod. The C1A1 was stock semi-auto. Hated the FN, incidentally, and loved when the C7 replaced it a year after I got in.

Rock SgtDan

Reaction score
First name
Dan
Country
llSlovenia
Mine too.
MMP have put on preorder a tactical (1 hex = approx. 50 m) game on Vietnam : Front Towards Enemy.
A clear sign that they don't think that adapting ASL to that conflict is a good idea.
No, its a clear sign that they know its more profitable NOT to pay royalties.

samwat

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Isn't the ultimate question time--as in, would the ASL community prefer MMP to focus on core reprints, and some long-in-development HASLs, or on WWI and Vietnam? Since LNL does lots of modern stuff, and there are some WWI tactical systems out there, I think I'd prefer option A. Not arguing whether ASL would fit or not--I think the real question is opportunity costs.

I don't see why WWII French could not be blue-green. I assume that's who the OUN counters are modeled on: the blue isn't for the Turks and others. (Maybe it's for the Greeks . . .

Paul M. Weir

Forum Guru
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llIreland
I don't see why WWII French could not be blue-green. I assume that's who the OUN counters are modeled on: the blue isn't for the Turks and others. (Maybe it's for the Greeks . . .
The colours are fairly arbitrary, some have a vague link to uniform or national flag colours, but I never ever associated Baby Powder Blue with the German nation or uniforms.

Rock SgtDan

Reaction score
First name
Dan
Country
llSlovenia
Spent the who ETO tour fighting effing Luftwaffe replacements... The writers had to beef up their creds for the storyline...

macrobo

King of Boxcars
Reaction score
First name
Rob
Country
llAustralia
Hi All

Back on Track - though it was a cool distraction :rolleyes:

When is Desperation Morale happening????

Cheers

Rob:)

Mister T

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
Stop watching the dark world of white supremacists for a while and connect again to the forum's simple minds, that should give you a break.