The Algerian War 1954-1962

oberst_klink

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
I put upon myself the titanic task to create, with the kinds assistance of the CSME community, a series or set of scenarios covering this more... shall we say - obscure - conflict. Getting information from reliable sources alone is quite a challenge. Although I have already collected quite some material about the conflict itself, it requires some team efforts. Any takers or is anybody interested about the struggle in Algeria at all?

Klink, Oberst

larrymarak

Reaction score
First name
Larry
Country
llUnited States
I put upon myself the titanic task to create, with the kinds assistance of the CSME community, a series or set of scenarios covering this more... shall we say - obscure - conflict. Getting information from reliable sources alone is quite a challenge. Although I have already collected quite some material about the conflict itself, it requires some team efforts. Any takers or is anybody interested about the struggle in Algeria at all?

Klink, Oberst
Check out what's already been done with CH's Algeria. That will give you a quick survey of situations, armaments, and maps to use.

larrymarak

Reaction score
First name
Larry
Country
llUnited States
Yes..gives you a starting point. Like all insurgencies, there are many dozens of actions to be explored. Good luck and have fun. Hope you can read French..there'd be a wealth of primary source accounts out there for you to model.

One of the few decent reviews of CH products Mark has posted on Desperation Morale. He seems a little hung up on dislike of medivac procedures. Algeria was a post MASH war....medivac becomes standard in post ww2 ASL engagements.

Last edited:

oberst_klink

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
D'accord! I never took French/Spanish at GCSE level (for you Yanks, junior HS); which nowadays I regret. However, in most cases I get the gist and with nowadays online translation tools it ain't a biggie. Still... to find even French material is quite an undertaking. Algeria is still a conflict the French are bitter about it. I already collected quite a few interesting document on my blog...

Klink, Oberst

Sparky

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
One of the few decent reviews of CH products Mark has posted on Desperation Morale. He seems a little hung up on dislike of medivac procedures. Algeria was a post MASH war....medivac becomes standard in post ww2 ASL engagements.
I love his CH reviews, his sense of humor rules. He had me laughing when I read that Algerian review. I'd likely agree with him on the medivac, perhaps.. MAYBE it would have some use in a CG setting for force retention but in terms of basic scenario play. That sort of get filed under the fun to play but pointless chrome bin.

Now if you want to talk about a review you could almost see him going nuts in not being able to ridicule.. go Maxim Gorki. His review is reason #2 why I made that my first ASL purchase after years away. Brilliant stuff, A+ design and perhaps the single best and most creative scenario I can remember playing.