SL Scenarios for Bruneval and/or Vaagso Conversions?

hayesncsu

Reaction score
First name
Hayes
Country
llUnited States
Good afternoon (EST),

Has anyone ever seen the original SL scenarios WWW 86 or WWW 87 converted to ASL? I am in a British Commando/Special Operations reading phase and would love to play these. Thank you!

bprobst

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Bruce
Country
llAustralia
Yes, since I converted them (and all of the other 3W scenarios).

No, you can't play them yet. I believe MMP are planning to print them on the 100th anniversaries of the battles!

I jest of course. The current, let's use this word in lieu of a better one, "plan" is to print them in the 3rd issue of Out of the Attic.

Unfortunately, OotA #3 is not currently in MMP's production schedule.

Keep your fingers crossed for that 2040 date!

(There have been a couple of scenarios published about the Vaagso raid, of course; Bruneval not so much. To date it remains ASL's only airdropped seaborne evacuation in the snow at night scenario.)

hayesncsu

Reaction score
First name
Hayes
Country
llUnited States
Yes, since I converted them (and all of the other 3W scenarios).

No, you can't play them yet. I believe MMP are planning to print them on the 100th anniversaries of the battles!

I jest of course. The current, let's use this word in lieu of a better one, "plan" is to print them in the 3rd issue of Out of the Attic.

Unfortunately, OotA #3 is not currently in MMP's production schedule.

Keep your fingers crossed for that 2040 date!

(There have been a couple of scenarios published about the Vaagso raid, of course; Bruneval not so much. To date it remains ASL's only airdropped seaborne evacuation in the snow at night scenario.)

Bruce thank you! Glad to know something is in the pipeline...even if it is a long pipeline! Thank you again!

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Ah, but this time it is at night during the winter.... :eek:

At least the first scenario.... :D
I hope, it is heavy surf, Falling Snow, and Gusts to boot.

It will feel evermore the achievement to actually reach the shore - after having beaten the rules...

von Marwitz

etopp

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Just finished British turn 3 of G27 "Vaagso Venture" on VASL. Enjoying it but frustrated with my opponent skulking away and not giving me any targets for my NOBA. Have to wait a week for our next game to see what happens next!

Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
Vaagso looks very different from the geo-board scenarios!
It's a nice way of saying the geo-board scenarios are mostly fantasy. Probably why there has been little appetite to resurrect them. Even the artwork for the originals was terrible. I'm not even sure they are universally considered "canon" since they were published by Keith Poulter?

sunoftzu

Reaction score
Country
llTaiwan
Just finished British turn 3 of G27 "Vaagso Venture" on VASL. Enjoying it but frustrated with my opponent skulking away and not giving me any targets for my NOBA. Have to wait a week for our next game to see what happens next!
G-027 is one of my favorite scenarios. But as is often the case with scenarios using special rules, there are a number of bugs with it. What time do you guys play on VASL ? I'd love to drop by and see.

John.