Ideas for new counters

Jacksons

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
What are some of the counters that are not in the system that might be useful?

Some that I was thinking of or have heard others recommend :

Bicycle counters(currently you have to use motorcycle counters?)
CX counter that shows color or side so that you know what nationality is beneath the CX counter.
Motion counter with ID letter of unit is on it
AR and FFE that has nationality color or insigna on it.

What are other ideas.
I am thinking of creating some of my own custom counters so I am interested in others thoughts.

Stan

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
Smoke FFE counters. So that you only have one counter for a Smoke FFE - the central one.

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
How about purple colored IF counters?
Really not needed as once marked with a Final Fire Counter, you cannot Intensive Fire anyway and the effect would only be for the instant of the shot & then you replace it with a Final Fired counter anyway. It seems it's Just one more counter to hunt for among many but it does have its uses for PBEM games where the pace of the game may be interrupted (but I've found this to be seldom so).

semenza

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Purple vehicle weapon fired counters. I know there are some that are color coded to the weapon Malf counters. But in defensive fire I don't automatically register non-purple. And the MA one is bright red , which makes me think broken MA.

Seth

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
How about an "unmarked" counter to indicate that the counter has not yet been marked with another counter? I know some of my counters feel left out when all the other counters are marked and they aren't. They don't say anything (they're cardboard after all), but you can see it in the way their punched edges droop.

JR

Last edited:

ecz

Partisan Captain
Reaction score
Country
llItaly
and what about counters to place ontop the marking counter to indicate the counter is beneath the marker? Since all units could have a marker placed on them I suppose that an extra complete set handy is the safest way to go. the image shows what I mean. in 23 P3 there is only a pinned 447. the second 447 it's just a reminder to show the players what there is under the pin

Attachments

ecz

Partisan Captain
Reaction score
Country
llItaly
How about an "unmarked" counter to indicate that the counter has not yet been marked with another counter? I know some of my counters feel left out when all the other counters are marked and they aren't. They don't say anything (they're cardboard after all), but you can see it in the way their punched edges droop.

JR
this way? yes makes sense

Attachments

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine

JR
Good things of day begin to droop and drowse;
Whiles night’s black agents to their preys do rouse.
Thou marvel’st at my words: but hold thee still.
Things bad begun make strong themselves by ill.

(Macbeth Act 3, Scene 2)

von Marwitz

Paul M. Weir

Forum Guru
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llIreland
I usually feel that less is usually better, look at too many modern adult's bodies. Anyway gravity likes stacks less than single counters.

Futbol

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
two toned prisoner counters / white inside and the nationality color on the edges, makes it easy to know who has prisoners, a sometimes forgotten fact in the heat of battle.

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
two toned prisoner counters / white inside and the nationality color on the edges, makes it easy to know who has prisoners, a sometimes forgotten fact in the heat of battle.
Which nationality: the guard's or the enemies?

JR

David Reinking

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

JR
So, would that include the "HIP Gun Here" counter so that the owning player does not forget the location?

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
So, would that include the "HIP Gun Here" counter so that the owning player does not forget the location?
That is a good idea for a counter! A HIP counter that can only be seen by the owning side. Perhaps made of glass with diagonal color strips embedded so that it looks clear to your opponent (looking at the ends of the strips) while you see the image (looking at the flat side of the strips). The strips would looks something like this from the side: <- friendly /.../.../.../ enemy ->

JR

witchbottles

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Really not needed as once marked with a Final Fire Counter, you cannot Intensive Fire anyway and the effect would only be for the instant of the shot & then you replace it with a Final Fired counter anyway. It seems it's Just one more counter to hunt for among many but it does have its uses for PBEM games where the pace of the game may be interrupted (but I've found this to be seldom so).
one requires purple firing counters in order to properly utilize the firepower of the KGP SS purple panzies in ASL.

hongkongwargamer

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
A counter to be put on your side of the table to remind you which Nationality you are supposed to be playing.

Along with counters that reminds you what day of the week it is and the name of the chap you are playing (“Peter”, “Paul” or “Mary”)