Rarest Counter?

Paul_RS

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
How about any of the blue bordered Black SS, only one set printed as a prize and all still on the tree unpunched?
Ahh, but is there a scenario designed specifically for those counters? ;-)

Paul_RS

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Is the rarest count the PF counter? As far as I recall there was only 1 printed in in BV, or did we get one in Paratrooper as well? Even so, two counters would still be pretty rare.

dur

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Is the rarest count the PF counter? As far as I recall there was only 1 printed in in BV, or did we get one in Paratrooper as well? Even so, two counters would still be pretty rare.
Ah, but you could always bring forward one of the 8 billion PF counters from Squad Leader...

Paul_RS

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Just a thought, is the 'System' limited to those ASL elements published by AH and MMP? Should be really, everything else is a 3rd party add on to 'the system'.

Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
Is it really rare if it is used in all scenarios with German OB from mid -43 on? It's no more, or less, rare than the Finnish sniper counter.

Paul_RS

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Is it really rare if it is used in all scenarios with German OB from mid -43 on? It's no more, or less, rare than the Finnish sniper counter.
Rarest counter or counter used the least therefore making its usage the rarest?

(of an event, situation, or condition) not occurring very often.

(of a thing) not found in large numbers and so of interest or value.

I think the OP was referring to the rarest counter not the rarest event where a counter is used. YMMV.

The Finnish sniper counter is valid, although there are many sniper counters in the system so a sniper counter is not a rare counter in that sense.

djohannsen

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I think the OP was referring to the rarest counter not the rarest event where a counter is used. YMMV.
I'm enjoying both aspects of the thread, but from the original poster: "...what would be rarest counter that could come into play but you would be very rarely see?"

Mr Incredible

Rod loves red undies
Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
I'm enjoying both aspects of the thread, but from the original poster: "...what would be rarest counter that could come into play but you would be very rarely see?"
Exactly.

If a scenario is designed with an animal pack in it, you will use an animal pack counter.

Not sure what other example like the Japanese Hero there is in the system. You need back to back snakes to get one.

witchbottles

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
personally, I wish I could see Encircled counters come into play on my opponent's units more often. They are pretty rare for me to put into play, but it seems I get them put into play on my units far more often than I want. ;)

MAS01

Reaction score
First name
Mark
Country
llUnited States
Exactly.

If a scenario is designed with an animal pack in it, you will use an animal pack counter.

Not sure what other example like the Japanese Hero there is in the system. You need back to back snakes to get one.

Should happen all the time, especially for my opponents. Odds are only 1296:1 or a 0.077% chance of it happening.

:D

BigAl737

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Should happen all the time, especially for my opponents. Odds are only 1296:1 or a 0.077% chance of it happening.

:D
Did you just make this up? Where’s Paul?

Michael R

Minor Hero
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
One of the rarely used counters for me is REVERSE MOTION as I can't recall many times I've tried to back up out of trouble and keep moving into the next turn. But, I tend to shy away from large vehicle counts, desert scenarios, etc. where this might be more commonly seen.
I just used that one at Chicago last weekend; not my first time.

stuh42asl

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
The origional Maus counter from the Annual. That is about as rare as chickens teeth :) I still have mine,