Status of Peleliu HASL

Bob Walters

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Well, since this project is one of those under my direction I suppose I should be the one to respond.

A special "underlay" depicting the 1000 man cave and the Marines' attempt to clear it. And if things go well, an extensive and detailed article on Caves including how to attack them with infantry...
It occurs to me that when the VASL adaptation is done caves like this might be best handled as a separate level.

ASLSARGE

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Just interested if there is an update on this. Nice to see B&J reprinted its one of the best modules I own thanks!
Nothing new to report right now. Huertgen and Corregidor HASL's are up first. A Year ago (5/2016) I had hoped to have more products out by now, but life has a way of getting in the way. Late this year? Maybe. I'll keep prodding the LT Colonel and see if he can get the other goodies out the door soon. :) Meanwhile, it gives me more time to fine-tune the Cave article fro "Loo".

TopT

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Nothing new to report right now. Huertgen and Corregidor HASL's are up first. A Year ago (5/2016) I had hoped to have more products out by now, but life has a way of getting in the way. Late this year? Maybe. I'll keep prodding the LT Colonel and see if he can get the other goodies out the door soon. :) Meanwhile, it gives me more time to fine-tune the Cave article fro "Loo".
This (Pelieliu) is on my absolute MUST-Buy list. I am waiting for this and Kohima. Kohima is definitely going to see the light of day.

Someone was working on another Pacific module for Okinawa, based on Sugarloaf Hill, Half-Moon, ect., called Bitterest Day. Does anyone have any updated information on this CG?

With Iwo Jima & Manila in the works, along with these three CG's, it looks as if the Pacific is going to be well covered. Although 3 of the CG's will have quite a bit of caves. Still Iwo Jima, Okinawa, Pelieliu, Kohima, & the Phillipines!

hongkongwargamer

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Someone was working on another Pacific module for Okinawa, based on Sugarloaf Hill, Half-Moon, ect., called Bitterest Day. Does anyone have any updated information on this CG?

Playtested most of the scenarios with Dan Dolan recently!

witchbottles

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
This (Pelieliu) is on my absolute MUST-Buy list. I am waiting for this and Kohima. Kohima is definitely going to see the light of day.

With Iwo Jima & Manila in the works, along with these three CG's, it looks as if the Pacific is going to be well covered. Although 3 of the CG's will have quite a bit of caves. Still Iwo Jima, Okinawa, Pelieliu, Kohima, & the Phillipines!
PM me about The Bitterest day sugarloaf hill HASL.

or email me.

KRL, jon H

cVan

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
That was me Top. Unfortunately, kids, family, and real life have intervened and ASL is real low down on my list of things to do. Map, rules, scenarios, and CG were all updated last in the fall of 2015 around ASLOK time frame.

Chad

bdBD small rules 093015.gif

witchbottles

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
That was me Top. Unfortunately, kids, family, and real life have intervened and ASL is real low down on my list of things to do. Map, rules, scenarios, and CG were all updated last in the fall of 2015 around ASLOK time frame.

Chad

View attachment 1687
yep and I was working up a play test group out here to see about helping move it forward, but life stepped in.... :(. Hiya Chad! nice to see you on the forums again. :)

I'll send you a PM

regards jon

jtsjc1

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
As much as I like Kakazu its nice to see another part of the battle being developed.

Zugführer

Reaction score
Country
llGermany
What is the status of the Peleliu module? Any news? Schmidt is published. Is it still the plan to publish Corregidor first too?

The Umurbrogol Pocket map will be something like that one, right? So, I haven't to do one by myself. :)

Peleliu Umorburgol small.jpg

Last edited:

ASLSARGE

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
What is the status of the Peleliu module? Any news? Schmidt is published. Is it still the plan to publish Corregidor first too?

The Umurbrogol Pocket map will be something like that one, right? So, I haven't to do one by myself. :)

View attachment 4227
Corregidor is next up in the publication pipeline, slated for release later this year. I am really looking forward to this one getting out into players hands. Corregidor and Manila are very special to me for personal reasons. Regarding Peleliu, it is pretty much at the point of where can we fit it into the production queue. Peleliu has been in development for 12 years now, with work being done in between doing other projects. It went through some major revisions back in 2008 - 2009 and became what it is in its present form. The digital playtest map was completed a couple years ago, just need to get the final print version completed. Scenarios are about as ready as they will ever be thanks to the superb efforts of almost two dozen playtesters whom I cannot thank enough for their time and trouble. I also need to send out a huge thank you to the many fine folks who contributed their time and efforts to proofing and editing of the rules. That was a tedious task due to the incredible amount of time and attention to detail required, and those folks deserve a very special kudos from me and the entire staff here at BFP. Campaign games have been played several times each and I am happy with the results (BTW - each side has wins in each of the CG's so IMO the balance is "there"). On a side note, that map you displayed looks a lot like the ones used in a couple of the research books I have, so to answer your question....yes, the Umurbroguls as depicted on the Peleliu map will encompass all the above. The rest of the HASL map depicts the airfield, and the area south of there as well. If all goes according to plan, and if I can convince the rest of the BFP staff to do so, I would love to get the Peleliu module out early in 2019.....we will see how quickly Corregidor gets out the door. Letters of "encouragement" to Chas and Sam and Rick might help push this one along....not that I am suggesting anything mind you... :). Any updates that I get I will pass along ASAP. Thanks! - Sarge

rreinesch

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

View attachment 4227
This is a section of the BFP Peleliu map that covers the map section above. This covers probably about a sixth of the total map size for this project.

Attachments

louis743

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Looks awesome and I can't wait to put this one one the table. Something about the red hex numbers bugs me though...

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
The red is almost certainly a pre-production color for print purposes.
I hope you are right.

It's probably easier to use inkscape rather than gimp to produce outline text. On the text objects use different colors for fill & stroke.

JR

Tooz

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Corregidor is in the playtest pipeline here with my group and first testing is tonight! Early war and a paradrop in high winds(!) on a HASL map will prove interesting, and I am sure--fun!!!

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
This is a section of the BFP Peleliu map that covers the map section above. This covers probably about a sixth of the total map size for this project.
Really nasty terrain. If I may make a proposal: Stick to a white or black font for the hex designations instead of red.

Cheers,
von Marwitz