ASL Journal 13

Nineteen Kilo

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Name tag?! It's when you don't look like Col. Flag, that my whole universe will come crashing down.
You know it's funny, for the longest time I saw his avatar as Colonel Flag as well. One day I took a closer look at it and realized it's Steiner from Cross of Iron.

djohannsen

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
You know it's funny, for the longest time I saw his avatar as Colonel Flag as well. One day I took a closer look at it and realized it's Steiner from Cross of Iron.
Ah... I didn't think that it looked quite right (by my recollections of MASH are a bit hazy). Thank you.

Still, I have been told that Chris looks quite different from his avatar. If I get to ASLOK this year, I'm sure that it will be a bit strange.

djohannsen

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
"If"...??? What part of Col. Hershey's Deployment Order did you not understand, soldier?! He can only be overridden by a countermanding order from a Long-haired General. :D
"Soldier?!" Ouch! That hurts. (I served as a Marine.)

The warning order has been issued to the Missus, but hedging my bets in case something unavoidable comes up. If it's in my power, I'll crawl across broken glass all the way to Cleveland.

Last edited:

djohannsen

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
That sounds unpleasant. Can't you just drive there?

JR
"Oh, to have been a rider then. Because after the finish all the suffering turns into memories of pleasure, and the greater the suffering, the greater the pleasure. That is Nature's payback to riders for the homage they pay her by suffering. Velvet pillows, safari parks, sunglasses: people have become woolly mice. They still have bodies that can walk for five days and four nights through a desert of snow, without food, but they accept praise for having taken a one-hour bicycle ride. 'Good for you.' Instead of expressing their gratitude for the rain by getting wet, people walk around with umbrellas. Nature is an old lay with few suitors these days, and those who wish to make use of her charms she rewards passionately.
That's why there are riders.
Suffering you need; literature is baloney.”
Tim Krabbé, The Rider

Matt Book

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The current tentative plan is to put out Hatten as a separate mini-HASL mid-summer, with J13 in early fall.
Stay tuned.
Will J13 be released at or before ASLOK for "early fall" consideration?

william.stoppel

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Perfect opportunity to bump this one to the top for an ETA and ask about the possibility to include the updated/errata counters in the new journal? I’d like the updated Brit carriers with their spiffy updated 81mm mortars but don’t really want to buy a third FKaC to get them. Same thing for other modules. Just a thought. I remember the Gamers used to release a yearly countersheet of errata counters for their games. Always thought that was a great idea

pwashington

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Perfect opportunity to bump this one to the top for an ETA and ask about the possibility to include the updated/errata counters in the new journal? I’d like the updated Brit carriers with their spiffy updated 81mm mortars but don’t really want to buy a third FKaC to get them. Same thing for other modules. Just a thought. I remember the Gamers used to release a yearly countersheet of errata counters for their games. Always thought that was a great idea
Seconded.

Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
I'd also be interested in a sheet of errata counters. I'd prefer it as a standalone - so those not interested in the Journal could buy it - and include pre-printed "sticky errata" sheets for the Chapter H vehicle and ordnance notes with the counters.

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
One issue could be to find a spot (say for half-a-sheet) in another batch of ASL counters to be printed.

David Reinking

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
One issue could be to find a spot (say for half-a-sheet) in another batch of ASL counters to be printed.
Well, that’s an idea. Combining those replacement/additional counters with the PSW 231(8-rad) counters meant for CdG2 and the corrected AM Dodge counter from CdG2 would be a great idea. I have other ideas if space is permitting.