Details on Hatten HASL?

Rison.Az

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Howdy all

If you havnt seen the news post for today on MMP website, check it out as it has the schedule for the rest of the year:

http://www.multimanpublishing.com/News/tabid/82/Default.aspx

While theres a couple interesting tidbits there, I am mostly interested in details about Hatten: I know its historical background, but how many maps, how many scenarios, how many campaign dates will the CG be? Are these pics of the map anywhere?

Thanks in advance and looking forward to it!

Chad

David Reinking

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Howdy all

If you havnt seen the news post for today on MMP website, check it out as it has the schedule for the rest of the year:

http://www.multimanpublishing.com/News/tabid/82/Default.aspx

While theres a couple interesting tidbits there, I am mostly interested in details about Hatten: I know its historical background, but how many maps, how many scenarios, how many campaign dates will the CG be? Are these pics of the map anywhere?

Thanks in advance and looking forward to it!

Chad
From Journal 12, FiH will have 1 map (which you can see in Journal 12), 1.5 countershafts, 7-8 scenarios and CG rules. I am not sure if anything has changed since Journal 12 was released.

Rison.Az

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
From Journal 12, FiH will have 1 map (which you can see in Journal 12), 1.5 countershafts, 7-8 scenarios and CG rules. I am not sure if anything has changed since Journal 12 was released.
Well shoot, apparently my lack of Journal 12 is apparent. Didnt know those details where in there! Thanks for the response. Sounds like it will be a pretty light HASL which will make it a great starting point for HASL's.

Thanks

Chad

Bill Cirillo

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I previously posted a number of these playtest pics over on FB. I've now played 7 of the scenarios and have thoroughly enjoyed all of them. The majority are what I would characterize as medium sized "tournament" scenarios with combined OoB for both sides in each scenario. The map is another Charlie Kibler work of art in its own "winterized" kind of way. Looking forward to the final product release!

Huh....trying to post a 38KB jpg and I'm getting a file too large error message...never saw that in the past...any advice?

Last edited:

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
Huh....trying to post a 38KB jpg and I'm getting a file too large error message...never saw that in the past...any advice?
Uploading is currently not operational, regardless of file size as far as I can see. I am not getting a "file size" error but rather a message that says "there was a problem uploading your file" without any further explanation. I have tried some very small files.

JR

Rison.Az

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
General question: where on FB are these things being posted? On the MMP page? On the main ASL page? The only thing I get on FB to look for is ASL, but I am not sure where to look.

Suggestions?

Thanks

Chad

Bill Cirillo

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Uploading is currently not operational, regardless of file size as far as I can see. I am not getting a "file size" error but rather a message that says "there was a problem uploading your file" without any further explanation. I have tried some very small files.

JR
JR,

Thanks for checking. I was originally, intermittently, getting both error messages, but eventually it settled down to the later message.

Bill

Bill Cirillo

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
General question: where on FB are these things being posted? On the MMP page? On the main ASL page? The only thing I get on FB to look for is ASL, but I am not sure where to look.

Suggestions?

Thanks

Chad
I post the majority of my FB messages to the Advanced Squad Leader group, which is a “Closed Group”, so maybe that restricts one’s ability to find pictures. Don’t really know.

I just searched the group for “Hatten” and the pictures came right up.

Bill

Rison.Az

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I post the majority of my FB messages to the Advanced Squad Leader group, which is a “Closed Group”, so maybe that restricts one’s ability to find pictures. Don’t really know.

I just searched the group for “Hatten” and the pictures came right up.

Bill
Was able to do the same, and aparently I was already a member of that group - so Im in the right place! Campaign map looks great. Very intereted in this one as there is a lack of American HASL's. With the recent OS and now soon Hatten, looking forward to some American HASL!

Thanks again

Chad

hongkongwargamer

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Objective Schmidt & the old Kampfgruppe Peiper & Tarawa are American HASLs.

How about Suicide Creek and Kakazu Ridge?

Rison.Az

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
True and fair: but thats assuming you have all of those, which is difficult with most of those long since out of print. For those of us who dont have the back catalog, KPG I, KGP II, BRT and Singling are not ones we can play. If anyone has an extra BRT I would be happy to take that off of their hands :)

Edsons Ridge, Suicide Creek, Blood and Sand and Kakazu Ridge are available, but they are 'small' HASL - still enjoyable, but not to the scale of RB, VotG, OS or FB. I want big HASL's that you can sink your teeth into over a long period of time. With that in mind, I am also really looking forward to the Normandy HASL and Sarges Manila HASL.

Rison.Az

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
On another note, for the FiH HASL, in the campaign game are the Germans the attackers throughout, or does it get to the point where it is more of a meeting engagement between the two?

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland

JR
Same here.

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
...Edsons Ridge, Suicide Creek, Blood and Sand and Kakazu Ridge are available, but they are 'small' HASL - still enjoyable, but not to the scale of RB, VotG, OS or FB. I want big HASL's that you can sink your teeth into over a long period of time....
I doubt Hatten will be as "big" as RB/VotG/FB though.

Rison.Az

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I doubt Hatten will be as "big" as RB/VotG/FB though.
No, likely not - depending on how many CG days it has. Which is my point that I was making above, the US HASL's that are currently available are all small, which is why I am excited for OS and Hatten now, and soon, Normandy and Manila - especially Manila, as Sarge has put a lot of blood, sweat and tears into that and it looks amazing.