From Start to Finnish: ASLSK at Ten

BattleSchool

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Enjoyed reading the first article. I have heard many players say that it is hard for them to remember the differences between SK and ASL and I think the problem is that people lump everything in together. If you have your Starter Kit stuff, and that includes Charts and Vehicle Notes, separate from your regular ASL trove you don't have to constantly puzzle out what is and is not included. When you're playing at the SK level use just what's in the box. You want to dm a SW, well, you don't have a counter for it in SK so you can't do it. Wondering about Concealment? You don't have any of those either. Fire lanes? Ditto.
Really? Try applying that dictum to S41 or S42. :)

kempenfelter

Motivational Speaker
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Sorry, not comprehending...you're referring to the psuedo-OBA in the SSRs? The casual treatment of bocage? The lack of Wall Advantage counters?

kempenfelter

Motivational Speaker
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Did not have a problem determining who got there first when I played the scenarios. The terrain on board p is very different from the hedgerow-heavy offerings in Action Pack #4 and there are a lot fewer squads running around, so I didn't notice the lack of system counters in Beyond The Beaches. When I go out to game I have two system counter trays with me, one is SK only and the other has all the rest that's needed--Sniper, Wind Direction, Encircled, Fire Lane, etc., you get the idea. And the best thing about playing Starter Kit? Nobody wants to use the IIFT...:)

BattleSchool

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Did not have a problem determining who got there first when I played the scenarios. The terrain on board p is very different from the hedgerow-heavy offerings in Action Pack #4 and there are a lot fewer squads running around, so I didn't notice the lack of system counters in Beyond The Beaches.
I wasn't suggesting that the lack of "hedge advantage" counters was a problem. I was simply pointing out the fact that the absence of an appropriate ASLSK counter does not always mean that a particular rule is not in play. Generally speaking you are correct, but it is not an absolute.

And the best thing about playing Starter Kit? Nobody wants to use the IIFT...:)
Is that because an IIFT chart is not included with ASLSK, or because the chart is not part of the ASLSK rule set?

There's a difference between optional and not an option. :)

MAS01

Reaction score
First name
Mark
Country
llUnited States
Hey Chris!

Is the series finnished? (pun intended)

Mark

BattleSchool

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Hey Chris!

Is the series finnished? (pun intended)

Mark
Nope, working on hedgerow hell, I mean the Bonus Pack at the moment. Those hedge rules are a pain to explain.

Part 5: ASLSK BP1
Part 6: ASLSK EP1
Part 7: HASLSK1
Part 8: ---------

BattleSchool

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I read your articles recently. Great stuff. When you're done print them. I'll buy one.
Thank you for the feedback Scott. Good to hear that someone is reading these.

Once I wrap up some new dice designs, I will return to work on Part 5. It's close to completion. (Some work has also been done on Parts 6-8, mainly charts and tables.)

BattleSchool

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
The much delayed Part 5 is finally done.

Between the time I began the post in 2014 and finishing it this week, MMP issued errata for the hedge rules. I have incorporated this into Part 5.

As always, if you encounter an error, please do not hesitate to PM me.

Maxwelk1

Reaction score
First name
Lafajita
Country
llUnited States
So, when are you going to publish errata for ASLSK, and especially ASLSK scenarios?

I am specifically asking about S51 - ENTER THE YOUNG
The dispositions of the onboard German and American forces appear to be reversed. It would seem to make more sense if the Germans were north/east of the road, and the Americans were south/west of the road.

Also, is there a list of SK errata that I could look at? I am unable to find one.

Last edited:

Michael R

Minor Hero
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
So, when are you going to publish errata for ASLSK, and especially ASLSK scenarios?

I am specifically asking about S51 - ENTER THE YOUNG
The dispositions of the onboard German and American forces appear to be reversed. It would seem to make more sense if the Germans were north/east of the road, and the Americans were south/west of the road.

Also, is there a list of SK errata that I could look at? I am unable to find one.
Send an email to MMP: http://www.multimanpublishing.com/Support/ASLASLSK/ASLSKOfficialErrata/tabid/110/Default.aspx

TheSQLGuru

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

Maxwelk1

Reaction score
First name
Lafajita
Country
llUnited States
Thx! I will look into the ASLSK starter kit Facebook group.

PS -- The fix appears to work, and to answer all my questions concerning this scenario.

Awaiting approval for the ASLSK starter kit Facebook group, in order to see what else I may have missed.

Last edited: