Ozerekya Breakout (OzB) CG

=FC=Gorgon

Minister of Propaganda
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Spotters almost NEVER have to draw a chit for Battery Access as they normally spot for adjacent on-board Mortars and I never seen them spot for an entire battery,
You are correct. I should have used the term 'observer'.

Tim Niesen

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
George, Is this accurate, the German planes have to wait until the part of the campaign game when the German allies can enter? This is a major play balance issue, for the off board artillery cannot hit the dense woods on the edges of the valley while the airplanes are capable of striking there at least against non-concealed units.

George Kelln

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
George, Is this accurate, the German planes have to wait until the part of the campaign game when the German allies can enter? This is a major play balance issue, for the off board artillery cannot hit the dense woods on the edges of the valley while the airplanes are capable of striking there at least against non-concealed units.
TM 25 states that unless an RG is listed as German, it's Romanian; so RG S1-S2-S3 are listed as Close-Air Support and would be then considered Romanian despite being German aircraft in origin.

Last edited:

Tim Niesen

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
If an airplane rolls a 12 on a sighting task check. Does the plane come back for the next session?

George Kelln

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
If an airplane rolls a 12 on a sighting task check. Does the plane come back for the next session?

E7.31
RECALL: An Original Sighting TC DR of 12 results in Recall at the end of the MPh/DFPh of the TC, although if it also results in a Sighting/Mistaken Attack, that turn's attack is resolved first.

DonHalsey44

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Several minor questions: If an aircraft is killed/damaged in air-to-air or flak combat - is it eliminated for the entire campaign, or just the scenario? (including spotters) And I apologize, where is TM 23 located? Thanks again.

George Kelln

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Several minor questions: If an aircraft is killed/damaged in air-to-air or flak combat - is it eliminated for the entire campaign, or just the scenario? (including spotters) And I apologize, where is TM 23 located? Thanks again.
The aircraft is eliminated for the scenario only. TM 23 is on page 3, right column 3/4 the way down.

Tim Niesen

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
In regard to the airpower, does the player purchasing roll at the start for depletion or roll at the point of its successful entrance?

Tim Niesen

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
If the Axis player rolls a one on the Dr on the air chart, are his airplanes deployed in the Russian portion of the turn, or do they arrive in the German turn? I think the latter is more likely. They move first, and get in a position to fire in their defensive fire phases of Russian turn two. But not sure.

George Kelln

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
The Axis Player rolls for reinforcements (including Air Support) at the start his player turn; if he receives Air Support (he determines how many planes) the counters are place on map, usually some where he remembers them. The Germans' Air Support is active during the Germans' DFFPh (Russians' MPh) and the German DFPh.

Tim Niesen

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
George, I do no not understand. If the Axis player receives the air support in his turn (rally phase, I presume), then his aircraft cannot engage in his defensive phases of the prior Russian turn. Or do they come aboard during the rally phase of the Russian turn? Tim

=FC=Gorgon

Minister of Propaganda
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
George, I do no not understand. If the Axis player receives the air support in his turn (rally phase, I presume), then his aircraft cannot engage in his defensive phases of the prior Russian turn. Or do they come aboard during the rally phase of the Russian turn? Tim
The player does roll on the Friendly Rally phase. If one of the aircraft is an Observation plane, it can be used that turn (ie direct OBA as and offboard observer. Though, it needs to make radio contact). Other aircraft have to wait until the enemy's Movement/Defensive fire phase in order to be used.

Tim Niesen

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Thanks. The airplane rules were a mystery to me until I read the ASOP. Only then did I realize that planes could not fire in prep fire. Only airplane spotters are used at that point in the phase. The Axis player in our game asked me to roll for him. I rolled well. Romanian leaders are difficult to obtain. No depletions at all. Good start for the Axis.

Last edited:

Tim Niesen

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
We are wondering if the roll for weather is made before or after the TP purchase? I think that the result of Falling Snow would prohibit the use of airplanes and spotter planes, but not sure. Akin to no airplanes in the rain or fog.

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
We are wondering if the roll for Weather is made before or after the TP purchase? I think that the result of Falling Snow would prohibit the use of airplanes and spotter planes, but not sure. Akin to no airplanes in the rain or fog.
The weather must be determined prior to purchase. Per E3.71 Falling Snow is accompanied by Overcast conditions and per E3.55 Overcast Conditions preclude Air Support [EXC: of course by SSR]. I'm not looking at the CG right now but IIRC the next TP/TM is determined (to include Weather effects) prior to purchases during the RePh. I do not believe George would produce a purchase situation where one could waste points based upon a hunch that the weather may be clear.

Tim Niesen

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Thank you. Another question. I reread most of the rules while at the coffee shop this evening. Can a player accumulate TP points from one session to the next session. I am trying to give advise to Lt. Col. Smith concerning his purchase of Soviet forces. I kept working out combinations to 21 TP points. Only if the Engineer Company is purchased does the total come to 22 TP. And most people buy the 4 TP SMG company. Tim

George Kelln

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Yes, a player can accumulate TP from one scenario to the next. What TP that are not used carries over to the next scenario (check out page 14 - Tactical Mission Roster); You will note that first columns are Tactical Points "Start" "Repl" as in Replenished, and "Total" and about 3/4 the way across the table are two columns under Tactical Points named "Used" and "Left".

So the first scenario the Russians start with a total of 22 TP; if he Requisitions 19 TP worth of RGs, he would in TP "Used" write 19 and in the "left" column 3. The PM 4 Feb scenario, he writes in the "Start" Column 3 and say makes a TP Replenishment DR and receives 18 TP, which he writes in the "Repl" column, and 21 in the "Total" column - this process continues.