KW CPVA Step Reduction chart

Sean Deller

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Gents,

I made a Step Reduction chart for the KW CPVA (attached). Please let me know if I got anything wrong.

Cheers,
Sean

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
Perhaps a lighter shade of brown (or even beige) would allow the red values to be less contrasted?
Thanks for the work!
That type of charts is always useful.

Justiciar

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Colors much better.
Suggestions:
1) where you have (dm) and {dm}...instead of using the ( ) and { }, which at quick glance could be mistaken one for the other....maybe use [ ] for one of them. The square bracket being more noticeable in contrast to the curve of the other one.
2) use light blue fill like that found say on like the C7.7 table on page C15, vs. your grey, This blue might also be better on the eye, helping the black text to come forward more, plus* the blue fill is like ASL layout in style...see other tables EX pages C10 or B29-31, D17. etc. So the table paradigm helps those with OCD.
3) in the "Reduced-Strength" notes at the very end you have an extra space (or two?) after the end of the EXC bracket "]"
4) there in that same list you might consider adding "retains its full VP value"...though this is hinted at indirectly by your current "still considered a squad size unit"
5) Add a version control number, in case you update later with other info, etc.
6) Credit yourself too.

Last edited:

Sean Deller

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Colors much better.
Suggestions:
1) where you have (dm) and {dm}...instead of using the ( ) and { }, which at quick glance could be mistaken one for the other....maybe use [ ] for one of them. The square bracket being more noticeable in contrast to the curve of the other one.
2) use light blue fill like that found say on like the C7.7 table on page C15, vs. your grey, This blue might also be better on the eye, helping the black text to come forward more, plus* the blue fill is like ASL layout in style...see other tables EX pages C10 or B29-31, D17. etc. So the table paradigm helps those with OCD.
3) in the "Reduced-Strength" notes at the very end you have an extra space (or two?) after the end of the EXC bracket "]"
4) there in that same list you might consider adding "retains its full VP value"...though this is hinted at indirectly by your current "still considered a squad size unit"
5) Add a version control number, in case you update later with other info, etc.
6) Credit yourself too.
Thanks for the feedback. I agree regarding the "{ }." I originally chose not to use brackets because they imply "EXC:" but they do differentiate better, so I changed them. No extra spaces in there, it's due to the italics.

Revised version attached. Bonus attachment included (my original chart for the Japanese).

Cheers,
Sean

Attachments

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Thanks for the feedback. I agree regarding the "{ }." I originally chose not to use brackets because they imply "EXC:" but they do differentiate better, so I changed them. No extra spaces in there, it's due to the italics.

Revised version attached. Bonus attachment included (my original chart for the Japanese).

Cheers,
Sean
Sean,
You may want to consider uploading these to the "Resources" section as eventually they may become handy to those not viewing this thread in the future.