FT 215 Questions

Stever

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I am getting ready to play this tomorrow and I have a couple of questions recarding the special rules.

"2. The German player may setup one MMC (and any SMC/SW stacked with) HIP. Germans may Boresight."

What is the signifcance of the statemment "Germans may Boresight"? Is this just a reminder or can all the Germans boresight their inherent firepower. Normally it would just be an MMG, HMG or light mortar.

"3. Contrary to U.S. vehicles note CC, the MG Jeeps are crewed by a 3-3-7 HS (worth on 1 EVP). Jeeps with no PRC cannot spend any MP. The M8 crews cannot voluntarily abandon their vehicle."

Do the 2 non-MG Jeeps still just have an inherent crew, like most vehicles?

Steve​

Attachments

Paul M. Weir

Forum Guru
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llIreland
I am getting ready to play this tomorrow and I have a couple of questions recarding the special rules.

"2. The German player may setup one MMC (and any SMC/SW stacked with) HIP. Germans may Boresight."

What is the signifcance of the statemment "Germans may Boresight"? Is this just a reminder or can all the Germans boresight their inherent firepower. Normally it would just be an MMG, HMG or light mortar.

"3. Contrary to U.S. vehicles note CC, the MG Jeeps are crewed by a 3-3-7 HS (worth on 1 EVP). Jeeps with no PRC cannot spend any MP. The M8 crews cannot voluntarily abandon their vehicle."

Do the 2 non-MG Jeeps still just have an inherent crew, like most vehicles?

Steve​
I'm not with LFT but here's my take:

For (2.) the US starts with some forces aboard (ditto Germans) and that means that neither side is a RB defined Scenario Attacker/Defender. Boresighting is only allowed to a Scenario Defender, but the SSR gives the German side the ability to boresight regardless of the fact that it is not a SD according to the RB. I would not read into the SSR that the Germans may boresight any weapon/unit other than what the RB already would otherwise allow (IE no boresighting inherent squad FP).

With regard to (3.) normally unarmed vehicles don't have an inherent crew, just an inherent driver. Normally an unarmed vehicle without Passengers/Riders (PR) may move, but if destroyed there is no Crew Survival roll. If it has PR then the PR (only) roll for CS normally.

So (3.) changes the normal rules. The armed jeeps have a 337 instead of an inherent crew and the unarmed jeeps have nobody inherent and need the scenario card supplied 337s to move. In effect that group's jeeps comes on board with 5 x 337 (3 inherent and 2 explicit) and when the armed/unarmed jeeps unload they have no inherent driver.

Last edited:

Paul M. Weir

Forum Guru
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llIreland
Hi
Paul's answer is perfectly right !
Thanks
Thanks Paul & Lionel.
OoooH, I got a complicated rules interpretation right. I too often mix up old SL and new ASL rules stuff, the bane of an early adopter! For years I was KIAing double break leaders instead of CRing them :oops:! I'll take it as a good sign going into the new year.

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
OoooH, I got a complicated rules interpretation right. I too often mix up old SL and new ASL rules stuff, the bane of an early adopter! For years I was KIAing double break leaders instead of CRing them :oops:! I'll take it as a good sign going into the new year.
Don't get cocky! At our age we'll forget and revert to old bad habits in the heat of the moment!:p