ASL Plans for 2018

Ray Woloszyn

"Fire and Movement"
Reaction score
First name
Ray
Country
llUnited States
Perhaps replace my version I Japanese, British and American counters with the newer, larger version II counters or else change my eyeglasses' prescription. Right now Winter Offensive, Bitter Ender, Texas Team Tournament, Spreading Blaze and ASLOK are currently on the ASL event schedule. Whether I again make it to Germany for yet another Grenadier depends on a number of variables.

djohannsen

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Itching to try PTO. If I ever feel like I've got a solid grasp on Chapters A-D, I'll jump into the USMC.
I also want to attend my first tournament. If I feel like it won't be a drag for people to play me, I hope maybe to hit ASLOK.
Finally, just to continue to have a blast getting regular face-to-face play with the great guys in the Fredericksburg ASL club.

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Alot to play in 2018, Op Schimdt, KWASL and Hue plus plenty of playtesting to be done on my scenario pack, but thats been off and on for the last five years lol.

Scott

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
My plans?

continuing to play all the J scenarios..i have nearly completed J1 and half of J2. Hopefully will move to J3 scenarios soon..

Cheers
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single footstep! Now that's a commitment to ASL!:cool:

ASL1

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Good Morning
Continue playing through the Journal scenarios (started this quest beginning with 1944 vs Brian Yee), continue my
trek through the Action Packs vs Jeff Buser, Schwerpunkt packs vs Don "Big Noodle" Holland, Tactiques vs Roy
Connely, having fun in VASLeague 2018 (maybe the die gods will shine on me this year), Continue my RB CG III vs
Lawrence Davies, hopefully get in some play testing with Chas Smith (BFP) and attending Spreading Blaze.
But more importantly, improve my play and have fun.
Cheers ya'll and Happy New Year
Pierce "Saltine-American"

hongkongwargamer

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Pierce, you are playing Brian Yee! What a nice gent.

All the best.

Good Morning
Continue playing through the Journal scenarios (started this quest beginning with 1944 vs Brian Yee), continue my
trek through the Action Packs vs Jeff Buser, Schwerpunkt packs vs Don "Big Noodle" Holland, Tactiques vs Roy
Connely, having fun in VASLeague 2018 (maybe the die gods will shine on me this year), Continue my RB CG III vs
Lawrence Davies, hopefully get in some play testing with Chas Smith (BFP) and attending Spreading Blaze.
But more importantly, improve my play and have fun.
Cheers ya'll and Happy New Year
Pierce "Saltine-American"

Jacometti

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
My plans for 2018:

January: one-week Death To Fascism playtesting with Chris, hope to get 3-4 scenarios ready for external playtesting
January: hope to get the Korea Module.....even though I am unlikely to have time to play much of it.

February-June: probably at work somewhere far away, bit of VASL playtesting to continue once a week

July - August: completing all the work on Death To Fascism, getting it all ready for printing in the first week of September

July - December: should be at home as stay at home dad, with opportunity to get a fairly regular face to face game in.

October: going to ASLOK with Chris and Hennie, debut of our DTF Scenario Pack (highlight of the year, certainly). I hope to do a lot better in the competition than this year.

December: Albany tournament, hopefully.

olli

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
For me , try to play more again this year, try and finally get to a Grenadier tourney, hopefully get back to ASLOK, carry on buying everything as they are released ...............

Roy

Living in Brownbackistan
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
After 20+ years I hope to learn from my opponents and get better. I just hope to eventually become a more competent player.

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
For me , try to play more again this year, try and finally get to a Grenadier tourney,
We would be glad to welcome you there.

Michael, if Olli attends, make sure to have half the village levelled to make space for a parking lot to accomodate the convoy of trucks bearing Ollis travel-kit of counters... :D

von Marwitz

Paul M. Weir

Forum Guru
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llIreland
Michael, if Olli attends, make sure to have half the village levelled to make space for a parking lot to accomodate the convoy of trucks bearing Ollis travel-kit of counters... :D

von Marwitz
I wouldn't regard a paltry two or three 18 wheel trucks a convoy. Don't forget his travel kit and the trucks have to fit in his Antonov An-124 along with his counter moving and die rolling staff.

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
I wouldn't regard a paltry two or three 18 wheel trucks a convoy. Don't forget his travel kit and the trucks have to fit in his Antonov An-124 along with his counter moving and die rolling staff.
The main reason that ASLOK is held where it is is because it is convenient to the Cleveland airport. The airport does have to be shut down while his flight comes in, but better safe than sorry. Most of the diligence is for the fine bottle of single malt that Olli travels with rather than Olli himself (or the ASL gear, which can be picked up for a song on the interwebs).

Olli, if you are unable to attend perhaps you can send the bottle of single malt along without you. I'll be happy to share my room with it.

JR

Tooz

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
  1. Stay alive
  2. Buy whatever ASL stuff comes out
  3. Immerse myself in my tub-o-counters.--Paul Weir
ASL Open in April
ASLOK in October
Playtest, playtest, playtest.
Maybe a design or two--that 4-board hill in KWASL opens up a ton of possibilities in many theaters.
And finally, make 2018 THE year I finally have all of my "tub of counters" organized and everything labelled.

Tooz

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
"For me , try to play more again this year, try and finally get to a Grenadier tourney, hopefully get back to ASLOK, carry on buying everything as they are released ..............."--Ollie
Ollie, first beer(s) at ASLOK are on me.
I'll only buy new stuff if the product has either new maps or counters.
And...become the ULTIMATE counterslut. My only real competitor is you, Ollie!

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Olli, if you are unable to attend perhaps you can send the bottle of single malt along without you. I'll be happy to share my room with it.

JR
Be sure to include Tooz and Bob Bendis' dog to the party and you'll be able to reminisce forever...

old_cowboy.jpg

"Ah, young un', musta been back in too-eighteen, when me gots hold of that bottle of Olli's single malt at ASLOK. Jeez, in that there room the ULTIMATE counter slut, Bendis' dog an me, we gots rollin' and hadda splendid time gittin' to da bottom o'it, I can assure you..."

von Marwitz

Last edited: