How many of the first 100 scenarios have you played and how many do you intend to play

Gwinnell

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Around half of the first 100. Last one i played was The Old Town, which was okay. No plans to play more of that first vintage (EXC: Bridge of the Seven Planets and maybe Trapped!)
Bridge of the Seven Planets is excellent.

Pieter76

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llBelgium
Wow I can't believe how many scenario's you all played. I only played 7 of them (and 2 more of them playing at the moment)

Definitely planning on playing some more of them...getting Yanks 2 next week, so a few more good intro scenario's from Paratrooper underway...and all numbered <100...

King Billy

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
At a guess, well over half of them. Less from BV and Yanks, but been playing a few of them lately. All from WOA, Last Hurrah, Hollow Legions and CoB. Some from CDG and Gung Ho.

Jacometti

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I went through the list and ended up with about 35. Out of those, there may be 5 scenarios I would gladly play again.

No intention of playing any more of the others.

Too many Turns, too much faffing around before any kind of action starts, no interesting (multi-option) VC.

In other words, generally the opposite of what I enjoy playing.

GeorgeBates

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llJapan
I went through the list and ended up with about 35. Out of those, there may be 5 scenarios I would gladly play again.

No intention of playing any more of the others.

Too many Turns, too much faffing around before any kind of action starts, no interesting (multi-option) VC.

In other words, generally the opposite of what I enjoy playing.
This pretty neatly summarizes how style of play and scenario design have evolved over 30 years. The two dynamics feed off of each other so that
  1. Contact is usually immediate and sharp
  2. VC and game length demand action/maneuver
  3. VC/OB options add fog of war and offer greater replay value

Blackcloud6

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I've played just 13 of them and have the 14th in progress on VASL with someone. As I recall they were all fun. I think I may have played a few more but they are the updates with a new number assigned to them.