ALL THINGS ALBANY 2017

Steven Pleva

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Question for any Operation Turnscrew playtesters. In scenario DBOT4 Turning the Screws can the British player tow the 94mm Guns (in 5/8" counter form) on the board normally? Or do they have to be carried on dismantled?
Thanks,
Steve

Jacometti

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
quick question on Mormal Forest (in particular)

How do you handle the Trail Break counters for AFV set up in the woods part of a woods-road ? Are they placed onboard or recorded HIP ?

The importance is that no dummy AFV can creat such a Trail Break, therefore the placement confirms the AFV is real.

Steven Pleva

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
quick question on Mormal Forest (in particular)

How do you handle the Trail Break counters for AFV set up in the woods part of a woods-road ? Are they placed onboard or recorded HIP ?

The importance is that no dummy AFV can creat such a Trail Break, therefore the placement confirms the AFV is real.
Unless I see something compelling to the contrary, I would say recorded HIP.
Steve

62nd Army

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Question for any Operation Turnscrew playtesters. In scenario DBOT4 Turning the Screws can the British player tow the 94mm Guns (in 5/8" counter form) on the board normally? Or do they have to be carried on dismantled?
Thanks,
Steve
Steve

The 94* start the scenario is dis-mantled form. So would have to be carried.
(I just checked the final edition of DftB #44) Plus this is what I remember from play-testing at the Bunker.
Thanks
Joe

Last edited:

Steven Pleva

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Steve

The 94* start the scenario is dis-mantled form. So would have to be carried.
(I just checked the final edition of DftB #44) Plus this is what I remember from play-testing at the Bunker.
Thanks
Joe
Tom Morin also confirmed this as well.
Thanks,
Steve

Paul S NJ

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Gary Mei and Bill Cirrillo are playing for the tourney championship tonight in Red Tears Shed on Gray (from Friendly Fire). Bill's Rumanians have taken the requisite factory hexes and Gary is preparing to counterattack.

Ganjulama

Tuco B.P.J. Maria Ramirez
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Cirillo is on a roll. ASLOK champ and now Albany finals. Quite an accomplishment.

MajorDomo

DM? Chuck H2O in his face
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Both are great guys to play, best of luck to both of them.

Rich

Sparafucil3

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States
They are on the ASL group page I believe. -- jim

voyager77

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Just wanted to say thanks to Joe and Steve (and others who I might have missed) for all the effort to put together a great weekend between the effort on the scenarios and the raffle and logistics. A great time and your efforts are much appreciated!
Regards
Paul

Houlie

CEO of HoulieDice (TM)
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Congratulations to Bill. ASLOK and now Albany. That is freaky impressive.

Steven Pleva

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Congratulations to Bill Cirillo for winning this year's tournament. He went 5-0 against a tough lineup. Here are the top 22:
1 Cirillo
2 Mei
3 Sidhu
4 Rosso
5 Wiersma
6 Deller
7 Rodgers
8 Duenskie
9 Chapman
10 Wong
11 Hershey
12 Tracy
13 McDiarmid
14 Hogenhaug
15 Hayward
16 Struijf
17 Puccio
18 Hamilton
19 Allexenberg
20 Tewksbury
21 Merritt
22 Garvin

Note the strong showing by the New Jersey contingent - 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 8th place. They appear to have an excellent training program.

In the Heretical Gor-Gor mini, Ron Duenskie emerged victorious.

In the hotly contested Operation Turnscrew mini, Michael Hershey claimed the wood.

Thanks to all for making it a great weekend. The vibe and sportsmanship was as good as it's ever been. Special thanks to Kedge who tutored not one, but two graduating SK players in the full rules game. Congrats to John Wood and Jonathan Kapleau on being initiated into the ASL club.

Joe Leoce once again did the heavy lifting to make sure the event went smoothly and, of course, another fine 1st place diorama.

Finally, thanks to my scenario playtest/feedback group. They were invaluable putting together a really good scenario list. I was pleased with the results (to be posted soon).
Steve