Your all time top 10 scenarios

esprcorn

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hi-

To me a top ten list has to be one where the scenarios are replayable multiple times. Very few if any fit that currently. So with that said, my favorite top ten are:

10. OAF Grunewald- Super tense action with the Russians trying to overcome a well hidden German force as they advance on Berlin in 1945. Very replayable.

9. CH22 Schwerepunkt- a Kloutky special with cool toys on both sides. A good late war in your face mash up that begs to be replayed several times.

8. OB6 Hoffmiesters Charge- a Nice city fight with each side having a nice bunch of toys to throw at each other. the Russians even have Meat Chopper.

7. OB13 Cats lair- another late war action with bothsides having lots of nice attack and defensive options. Plus the Russians have a Flame throwing T34/85, neat stuff and very replayable.

6. ASL 84 Round One- A nice core scenario that depicts Poles trying to hold back the German blitzkreig in Warsaw. Very replayable.

5. BFP 96 Hotly Contested Town- A very intense Kursk action as the Germans try to grind their way towards taking a heavily and fortified Russian village. We even see the Russians field a M3 Lee in this cool and very replayable scenario.

4. BFP 29 Hoosure Docks- Cant go wrong with this one, Japs and Chinese in a knock out drag out city fight in the heart of Shanghai. Lots of pop guns, Chinese and other kool things that makes this one another very replayable scenario.

3. ITR 20 Fill 'er up, Mac- Another BFP scenario with kool things for for bothsides. Dont let the little River crossing scare ya away, those rules are easy and well worth the effort to try and play this nice late war City fight.

2. VotG 24 Raid on Radimtsev- Another great scenario I think with the Germans trying to crush the Russians in a pocket on the VotG map. Just infantry, but very fun.

1. RB1 One down Two to Go- This is an absolute blast of a scenario that has a tone of of replay value and still gets played to this very day.

Scott
Always good for some obscure titles and I have to admit possessing good taste in scenarios...

Reactions: Roy

esprcorn

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Dispatches seems to be sparse from these lists yet possess and sparkling reputation. Replayability?

Reactions: Roy

nebel

Share and Enjoy
Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Here are my top 10 from the last 10 years of play - interestingly during that time these are the only scenarios I gave a 10 rating a tt he time of play. I lost the four on the top - which means I must have really enjoyed them at the time. This list is obviously really subjective - most of these I would say that I had roughly equal skills to that of my opponent - hopefully my level of play has improved over time. Looking back at the list I would say that there are a few standard scenarios here but there are several that have a high degree of unpredictability with variable OoBs and/or VC's. I would say that my strong preference is to play a scenario only once so replayablility is not what I look for necessarily but several of these have some good options.

ID Name Publisher
FB12 The Black Ravens are Flying MMP
SP261 Gunning For Gas SP
ESG60 Groupement Molinié's Honor ESG
FrF2 / J113 Maczek Fire Brigade FrF
G34 The Liberators AH
HB 7 High Tide CH
ESG107 Put Out the Searchlights ESG
FT139 Ride of the 200th LFT
AP62 Shouting Into The Storm MMP
FT128 Punitive Expedition LFT

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I think one Poster listed Tigers and Flames a DftB scenario from a few issues ago. I think one of DFtB's problems is that many of their scenarios are very SSR and VC heavy, so that can make replayabilty some what rare. I really liked Turnscrew but boy those wall to wall text SSR were head spinning at times. Still if you want solid scenarios then DFtB is a great TPP for that.

But what do you really think Scott? :D
Dispatches seems to be sparse from these lists yet possess and sparkling reputation. Replayability?

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
In my last approx. 280 recorded games, I have awarded a 10 only twice:

J33 The Slaughterhouse
J1 Urban Guerillas

Followed up by some 9's:

Buck10 Buckeye Blitzkrieg
AP57 Kleckerweise
A58 Munda Mash
PBP25 First and Inches
J159 Tropic Lightning
AP62 Shouting into the Storm
RPT26 A Cross in Gold
A60 Totsugeki

von Marwitz

hongkongwargamer

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
My top 10 in no particular order
  • G15 Bone of Contention
  • J116 Brigade Hill
  • G38 Castello Fatato
  • SP80 Die Gurkha Die!
  • PrP08 No Simple Victory
  • ITR3 Tough as Nails
  • ITR5 Fire Teams
  • DB092 The Streets of Kharkov
  • KGS09 Lost in a Day
  • BFP34 Hundred Regiments Offensive

Brian W

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I thought Jabo derision was my thing. You've got your caves, can't I have Jabo derision?

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
It does have a rather high solitaire play potential, that alone should raise its interest level by several factors. (However, 8x0=0)

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
Jabo is an interesting novelty. Where would the hobby be without it??

JRKrejsa

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
It does have a rather high solitaire play potential, that alone should raise its interest level by several factors. (However, 8x0=0)
Good teaching/ learning scenario for the air support rules...

JRKrejsa

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
My representative top 10. I'm sure I'm missing something...
Steve

CH5 Acts of Defiance (German balance)
ESG3 Resistance at Paderborn
FrF69 To Ashes
ToT42 Thunderbolts (American balance)
CH18 Raging Furnace
TOT32 Denouement
WCW7 Eye of the Tiger
66 The Bushmasters (American balance)
42 Point on No Return (disallow unarmored vehicle sleaze where they lead the attack to generate dust)
J19 Merzenhauzen Zoo
Thunderbolts is an obscure pick, but good stuff. I can remember dueling with the Oddball Pz 4s!

hongkongwargamer

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Alright folks .. this has only been 2 pages, don't let it stop now - this is a real useful thread. Please list your best 10.

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
Alright folks .. this has only been 2 pages, don't let it stop now - this is a real useful thread. Please list your best 10.
An honourable mention goes to the two Manila scenarios (Mayhem In Manila & Fill 'Er Up Mac) and the two Fuschin scenarios (First Day At Fuschin & Fuschin Fortified).

Roy

Living in Brownbackistan
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Many of these have been listed twice, but if I'm counting correctly, AP62. Shouting into the Storm is the only one listed 3 times so far.