Korea: The Forgotten War...

Mister T

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
The Korean War was largely a war between the United States and China.

The release of this module will occur at a time the Presidents of these countries seem to be very fond of each other. How ironic

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
I thought that KWASL was based on ASL rules, with adaptations.
Justiciar seems to say that it has nothing to do with ASL.
If that is the case, I will take back my preorder.

Justiciar

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I thought that KWASL was based on ASL rules, with adaptations.
Justiciar seems to say that it has nothing to do with ASL.
If that is the case, I will take back my preorder.
No I was making the counter-point about Waldon's post which suggested "special" was like the rules of a HASL for example.

Paul M. Weir

Forum Guru
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llIreland
As long as it's not "special" as in short bus "special", I don't mind.

Mister T

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
In this sense you don't find playing PTO all this time ironic?
I recently saw a documentary on CCTV (now called CGTN) that called the Korean War "the war to resist US aggression and aid Korea". And it was not a documentary shot during the maoist period, it was a very recent one.

And this is what i've just found on the website of the PRC's foreign affairs ministry.

http://www.fmprc.gov.cn/mfa_eng/ziliao_665539/3602_665543/3604_665547/t18022.shtml

Interesting, isn't it?

Last edited:

hongkongwargamer

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
I recently saw a documentary on CCTV (now called CGTN) that called the Korean War "the war to resist US aggression and aid Korea". And it was not a documentary shot during the maoist period, it was a very recent one.

And this is what i've just found on the website of the PRC's foreign ministry.

http://www.fmprc.gov.cn/mfa_eng/ziliao_665539/3602_665543/3604_665547/t18022.shtml

Interesting, isn't it?
Dude, there’s gotta be better things in TV. The TV Series “Lethal Weapon” ain’t half bad .. ;)

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
No I was making the counter-point about Waldon's post which suggested "special" was like the rules of a HASL for example.
Ah OK. My dullness didn't grasp your argumentation.

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

And this is what i've just found on the website of the PRC's foreign ministry.

Interesting, isn't it?
Seems to have glossed over a minor fact that the North Koreans invaded the South with an unprovoked attack in 1950.:rolleyes::nod:

Mister T

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
Seems to have glossed over a minor fact that the North Koreans invaded the South with an unprovoked attack in 1950.:rolleyes::nod:
What is remarkable is the total absence of convergence in telling the story of the Korean War, despite the fact it took place more than 60 years ago.

Helmseye

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
when I went to the war museum in Beijing, all was in English untill the Korean war bit, and no one seemed available to translate.....

Brian W

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
What is remarkable is the total absence of convergence in telling the story of the Korean War, despite the fact it took place more than 60 years ago.
Fake news predates the misuse of the term by many thousands of years. Government attempts to suppress and/or control their press are always ongoing. Our current 1st amendment provides some protection, but only so far as the people support it. How much worse in China and Russia where the people have limited power of free speech and outside information is more strictly controlled, despite incredible leaps in global communication over the last fifty years.

hongkongwargamer

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Fake news predates the misuse of the term by many thousands of years. Government attempts to suppress and/or control their press are always ongoing. Our current 1st amendment provides some protection, but only so far as the people support it. How much worse in China and Russia where the people have limited power of free speech and outside information is more strictly controlled, despite incredible leaps in global communication over the last fifty years.
Yup - I'd expect different governments to offer their version of events. I have recently been reading on accounts of the Second Sino Japanese War by Japanese scholars. It's been really interesting to see different "interpretations" of events.

I find China's "ASL player generation" (which is 20-40 yrs old) to have a pretty broad world view. A lot of these folks are western educated anyways.

"Convergence" might happen, just not strictly to the western version of events. :nod:

echack

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
<i> North Koreans invaded the South with an unprovoked attack in 1950</I>

Yeah. It seems to have been done on orders from Moscow.