Philippe Briaux is still hospitalized in Cleveland

Brian W

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Well, there's probably ten thousand heroin addicts for every ASL player. I suspect that volume, volume, volume bring the overhead down to an acceptable level.

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
His misfortune will now be a part of ASLOK lore such as the hookers at the truck stop in Youngstown, the swimming pool at that downtown Cleveland hotel, Captain Taco
Someone told about Captain Taco, but what about the other two?

von Marwitz

Justiciar

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
It seems these three events are fairly dated. Nothing quirky has happened in the last decade.
I would count Dave Lamb having his car left up on 4 cinder blocks b/c a crew of thieves stole all four rims (apparently they were kinda flashy) one night pretty "quirky", and that happened about 5 years ago or so. At the hotel where ASLOK is now. I can remember going down and having a look to myself...sure enough true story.

BattleSchool

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I would count Dave Lamb having his car left up on 4 cinder blocks b/c a crew of thieves stole all four rims (apparently they were kinda flashy) one night pretty "quirky", and that happened about 5 years ago or so. At the hotel where ASLOK is now. I can remember going down and having a look to myself...sure enough true story.
I remember that; immobilized in cH1. Poor guy.

Ray Woloszyn

"Fire and Movement"
Reaction score
First name
Ray
Country
llUnited States
It seems these three events are fairly dated. Nothing quirky has happened in the last decade.
You never know what goes on behind the closed hotel room doors after the gaming is over :eek: What happens in Cleveland stays in Cleveland. Seems the thread has made its inevitable turn south. Philippe will probably not make the German "Grenadier" tournament unless his buddies arrange to carry him into battle like Charles XII.

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
You never know what goes on behind the closed hotel room doors after the gaming is over :eek: What happens in Cleveland stays in Cleveland. Seems the thread has made its inevitable turn south. Philippe will probably not make the German "Grenadier" tournament unless his buddies arrange to carry him into battle like Charles XII.

Per A17.2 portaging a wounded SMC is allowed. It is rarely used to bring a player to a tournament, but here it may need to be invoked.

JR

Steven Linton

Maniac with keyboard
Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
I had intended to come on with a pithy comment about how much tougher it was in my days at ASLOK, when I played on through multiple broken teeth (twice!), but on reading of Philippe's injuries I will retreat to my virtual box and simply add my wishes for his speedy recovery.

And no, I have no idea why I have a Kangaroo as my Avatar - looks like racial profiling to me...

Steven Linton

Maniac with keyboard
Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Did you criticise a TPP?? :)
Nothing so exciting: broke one on an in-flight mint - sheered the entire face off it and exposed the nerve. That was fun. I think I did the other one on a steak bone at Damon's years ago. Ended up at the same dentist both times.

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
I had intended to come on with a pithy comment about how much tougher it was in my days at ASLOK, when I played on through multiple broken teeth (twice!), but on reading of Philippe's injuries I will retreat to my virtual box and simply add my wishes for his speedy recovery.

And no, I have no idea why I have a Kangaroo as my Avatar - looks like racial profiling to me...
I have a correlation to offer with regard to your Kangaroo Avatar and broken teeth:
When I travelled Australia, all of a sudden two Roos jumped in front of my car. I avoided one but still slightly hit the other, which jumped on, though.

von Marwitz

Xavier 658

LFT Magazine Editor
Reaction score
First name
Xavier
Country
llSpain
Hi Georges,

Did you criticise a TPP?? :)
I sent you an email 4 or 5 days ago, but maybe you have ignored it or it's just somewhere among your spams as you may have blacklisted me. Thus, since you are again commenting "something", I will sum it up here and publicly. All in all, I apologize for having lost my temper a few months ago.

The rest of the email was a proposal to stop this argument that none of us, i.e., neither you, neither me, had started many many years ago. Reading what happened to Philippe a few days ago made me reconsider several things. I even proposed to meet you and share some beers together. Alex (ARL) is aware of this and has received a copy of this email yesterday.

This is it, what in French id say "une main tendue".

I hope your T cards will be successful.

We are just too few not to all stick together. Sincerely,

X

Last edited: