ASLOK XXXII - Official TD AAR

Perry

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Jim and Bill have both been knocking on this door for a while.

Congrats to Bill!

Can Winter Offensive be far behind?

Brian W

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Now we just need pictures for us poor slobs who couldn't go.

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Congratulations on the win Bill.
I still owe you for last year, maybe we can meet up in Albany for a game.

Been there Jim. Second sucks, but super hard to get there. Maybe next time.

Thanks again for a great tourney Bret, Bill and all.

MajorDomo

DM? Chuck H2O in his face
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Congrats to Bill on his Grofaz win!

Rich

Ray Woloszyn

"Fire and Movement"
Reaction score
First name
Ray
Country
llUnited States
I think many of us can understand the choice of this classic scenario given the ending times of the semi-final rounds. Congratulations to Bill, the runner ups and everyone else for making this the great event it is (at least in our eclectic world).

Aaron Cleavin

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Congratulations on the win Bill.
I still owe you for last year, maybe we can meet up in Albany for a game.

Been there Jim. Second sucks, but super hard to get there. Maybe next time.

Thanks again for a great tourney Bret, Bill and all.
Can safely say last year's 3 way game for 3,4,5th is not an experiment to be repeated.

Mister T

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
Congratulations to Bill for his win, the 9-hour long semi was a outstanding experience.

tallin

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Congrats Bill. Way to kind of keep the title in NE Ohio.:) Thanks to Brett and Wild Bill and Dave G. for their hard work and contributions year after year. Already looking forward to next year!!!

Regards,

Kevin

volgaG68

Fighting WWII One DR At A Time
Reaction score
First name
Chris
Country
llUnited States
Let's keep our fingers crossed for Phillipe (sp?) from France. I saw and helped him after a nasty fall on the hotel's rainy sidewalk this morning. He was belatedly trying to join the other Monday morning stragglers for the communal breakfast. He hurt his hip/pelvis pretty bad, needed a wheelchair to go back inside, and the ambulance arrived as my airport shuttle departed. It "appeared" nothing was broken, best case it was just a deep bruise. His plane home departed in six hours and hopefully he made it. I pray for a good resolution for him.

andrea pagni

Reaction score
Country
llItaly
Sorry to hear. For us international players, this year is terrible for the flights back due to problems on jfk affecting all the connections. Mine of yesterday was cancelled and today I'm lucklly being rerouted via Detroit Amsterdam Milan. Last time I saw Chris mazzei was going to his gate.. But all the flights out of Cleveland were subject to delay and/or cancellations. :(

Sparafucil3

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States
I hope everyone returns safely to their homes. The best part of ASLOk is all the people. The second best part was getting home and finding I was down another pound (~ .5 kilo). One step closer to 185 (now only 5 pounds, ~2.2 kilo away). -- jim

Michael R

Minor Hero
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
I hope everyone returns safely to their homes. The best part of ASLOk is all the people. The second best part was getting home and finding I was down another pound (~ .5 kilo). One step closer to 185 (now only 5 pounds, ~2.2 kilo away). -- jim
Congratulations on the weight loss.

Gringo

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Sorry to hear. For us international players, this year is terrible for the flights back due to problems on jfk affecting all the connections. Mine of yesterday was cancelled and today I'm lucklly being rerouted via Detroit Amsterdam Milan. Last time I saw Chris mazzei was going to his gate.. But all the flights out of Cleveland were subject to delay and/or cancellations. :(
Still here in Cleveland, my flight was cancelled and delayed for tomorrow.... Congrats to Bill for the win.... and see you all next year...

Brian W

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Let's keep our fingers crossed for Phillipe (sp?) from France. I saw and helped him after a nasty fall on the hotel's rainy sidewalk this morning.
I hope he has travellor's insurance. The trip to the emergency room alone could cost more than the ASLOK trip.

Houlie

CEO of HoulieDice (TM)
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Congratulations Bill on an impressive win against a very tough opponent. Jim Taylor is an outstanding player.

I missed attending this year as I have been taking a mild break from ASL, but hopefully I will regain the spark and can attend next year.

aiabx

Same as it ever was
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Another excellent ASLOK in the books. Thanks again, Bret and Bill and everyone who put in the effort to make it fun.

James Taylor

I love women with brains
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Congrats to Bill on his well deserved victory and ascension to GROFAZ!

Thanks to all my well-wishers for your moral support. (Hey Houlie--- I probably only got as far as I did because you weren't there to take me out :cool:).

As much as it would have been great to win, I want everyone to know how happy I am for Bill.

He played a great final, made some good aggressive decisions when they were warranted. That dead Stug you see in Bret's picture was a great move by Bill as he tied up my right flank for about 3 turns. I finally got him with a fanatic hs Baz 45 shot. Bill is also a consummate gentleman, with a wry sense of humor. As much as it may be hard to believe, Bill and I were having laughs throughout the game. No matter what the result is, when you get that from an ASL game you're a winner.

Thanks again to Bret for running another great tournament. ASLOk continues to be the consummate ASL experience.

And too all of my opponents--- thank you so much for your class and sportsmenship. By rights, some of you should have walked away from our matches as victors--- you know who you are--- I hope I was gracious in acknowledging that it was not superior play, but rather the fickle fortunes of fate that allowed me to get the W. It was a blast to play all of you and I learned something from each of you.

Still a bridesmaid....

JT