The VASL Map Bazaar is open!

Bryan Holtby

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Hi, Im about to try my hand at Gimp and doing up a small map. Ive got Gimp and the manual, where do I find the terrain libraries? The links for those are dead ends as is most of the book of mapmaking lol. The hexgrids and colour palette look to be the more critical needs.

BruceC

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
the link I have to the Thumbnails of Overlays is no good. Anybody have an idea?

BigAl737

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Setting up J070 (Board 36, overlay 1), some of the 'marsh' did not transform into 'swamp', but some did.

V9, FF6 did not.

Using VASL 6.4.1b2, PTO transformations "Bamboo", "Palm Trees" and "Swamp next to jungle" option check boxes.
I'll take a look at this Will.

BigAl737

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Setting up J070 (Board 36, overlay 1), some of the 'marsh' did not transform into 'swamp', but some did.

V9, FF6 did not.

Using VASL 6.4.1b2, PTO transformations "Bamboo", "Palm Trees" and "Swamp next to jungle" option check boxes.
Will I found some errors with the bd36 swamp transformations. FF6 was one of them. I've made the corrections and version 6.3 of bd36 should be available in the next day or so for download. Once I get the new bd36 posted, VASL will download it automatically for you the next time you use bd36.

V9 will not transform as it's on an overlay. If you haven't played your game yet, I can make a scenario specific overlay for you so that V9 will show as swamp. That'll take a few more days but just let me know if this is something you'd like me to do. Glad to do it.

Allan

edit: I just checked and bd36 v6.3 is available for download.

Last edited:

Will Fleming

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Will I found some errors with the bd36 swamp transformations. FF6 was one of them. I've made the corrections and version 6.3 of bd36 should be available in the next day or so for download. Once I get the new bd36 posted, VASL will download it automatically for you the next time you use bd36.

V9 will not transform as it's on an overlay. If you haven't played your game yet, I can make a scenario specific overlay for you so that V9 will show as swamp. That'll take a few more days but just let me know if this is something you'd like me to do. Glad to do it.

Allan

edit: I just checked and bd36 v6.3 is available for download.
For the first, thanks much. For the second, that is "above and beyond" IMHO and no need. People like me can live with that rather than making a lot of work for just one scenario. It is a pretty good scenario for those who might find this in a future search. (J070: Save your tanks for big VP at the end as the Japanese and take your time unlike what I did).

rreinesch

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I got pinged a little while ago that Bounding Fire was missing VASL files for it's Deluxe boards BF1 and BF2. I've created those and have them in the hands of the map elves as this is being written for vaslization. My understanding is BF1 is done and I've provided the information to finish up BF2. Hopefully we'll have those out in the download section of vasl.info and boundingfire.com soon.

Rick

bprobst

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Bruce
Country
llAustralia
I got pinged a little while ago that Bounding Fire was missing VASL files for it's Deluxe boards BF1 and BF2. I've created those and have them in the hands of the map elves as this is being written for vaslization. My understanding is BF1 is done and I've provided the information to finish up BF2. Hopefully we'll have those out in the download section of vasl.info and boundingfire.com soon.
Excellent service, thanks Rick.

Ed Donoghue

Reaction score
First name
Ed
Country
llUnited States
I wanted to play scenario AP136 SECOND TO NONE from Action Pack 14, but when I tried to set up the maps I found that I do not have map 84 in vassal (6.5.0). My #'ed maps end @83. Is this map being completed to be added shortly? Or did I screw something up when adding 6.5.0?

bprobst

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Bruce
Country
llAustralia
Nothing to do with the version of VASL. Bd84 isn't available yet.

You can see the list of currently available boards at VASL Boards.

I'm sure there's a map elf somewhere slaving over a hot stove cooking up the board. It'll be done when it's done.

Tuomo

Keeper of the Funk
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I wanted to play scenario AP136 SECOND TO NONE from Action Pack 14, but when I tried to set up the maps I found that I do not have map 84 in vassal (6.5.0). My #'ed maps end @83. Is this map being completed to be added shortly? Or did I screw something up when adding 6.5.0?
Board 84 is the subject of the current VASL Mapmaking Class. After Lesson 9, we're done with the basic board but haven't checked it yet for errors, and we haven't tackled overlays yet.

Do the scenarios in AP14 that use this board need overlays? If not, I can push out a beta version in the next week or so as a short term fix.

Sorry to go so slow; these young VASL elflings don't catch on too quick ;)

Tom