Operation Turnscrew CG I

Sparafucil3

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States
You have had way better luck with your Snipers than I, I recalled a tank, but, that was an error (leaving it CE) that will not be repeated by Burnie. I think I have wounded one other leader, that is about it.
Peace

Roger
Replaying it again, swapping sides. Scott has managed to clip a 9 -2 and break a few squads. It does change the way some things are played. I am not sure they aren't a little overpowered to be honest. If someone was playing this against me at the table with at stupid sniper die, I would chuck it for sure. -- jim

Yuri0352

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I assume you're referring to the Battle school sniper effects die? What is it about that die which you guys dislike?
Just curious.

Ganjulama

Tuco B.P.J. Maria Ramirez
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I assume you're referring to the Battle school sniper effects die? What is it about that die which you guys dislike?
Just curious.
I'd rather see the dice results on a traditional die. I have to look at them closely to see the difference between 1 and 2 result. I'm old and lazy. If my opponent wants to use one I don't complain.

Sparafucil3

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States
Just curious.
Pips only please. I don't have to think, you don't have to explain it to me. -- jim

Mister T

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
i am also in the pips-only side. Whereas the pips are processed in a flash, I have to think for a fraction of second "what's the heck this means?" which is very annoying. And repeat
I suppose that if i were to play with the same speciality dice, i would get used to it but there are so many of them...
So only regular precision dice are the way to go.
But they certainly look nice in one's living room :)

clubby

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Man, I'm having a hard time believing that anybody that plays a game as sophisticated and complicated as ASL is being befuddled by dice with a picture on it. :D Frankly, it sounds like many people just don't enjoy being mocked by the dice. :D

bendizoid

Official ***** Dickweed
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
No, our eyes are tired. We like pips. We want to think about the game not 'what the hell does that mean?' every 30 seconds or so.

Steven Pleva

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
My sniper die has a big red cross for the one and two smaller crosses for the two. No deciphering required...

Perhaps Chris can post a picture of his v2.0 sniper die.
Steve

Last edited:

Sparafucil3

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States
My sniper die has a big red cross for the one and two smaller crosses for the two. No deciphering required...

Steve
My one pip is a rhinoceros, my two pip is a dolphin. No deciphering required. -- jim

Sparafucil3

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States
Can't wait to see that bad boy...
Steve
I have two. They are 4-sided. It helps with the IFT. Sadly, it cowers more often so I am not sure they are *actually* better. Care to spreadsheet that for me? -- jim

Steven Pleva

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I have two. They are 4-sided. It helps with the IFT. Sadly, it cowers more often so I am not sure they are *actually* better. Care to spreadsheet that for me? -- jim
Those are really crappy for Kindling. Therefore, I'm pretty sure they are worse so I wouldn't use them...
Steve

rdw5150

it's just a game
Reaction score
First name
Roger
Country
llUnited States

Steve
this is the one I have as well....... I do not see a problem either way.

Peace

Roger