Which of these will be most likely published next?

witchbottles

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I think for the most part US (army) soldiers referred to themselves as GIs, not Yanks, and US marines, as gyrenes.
To be clear, Marines call themselves just about any damn thing they want to. Other services only call them slang terms for Marines behind their backs or out of the earshot of a Marine.

:)

witchbottles

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I've no idea of the troopers , but the given Italian tankers (by themselves) slang term for the Semovente Assault gun ( by their own crews) was "Bassotto" (Basset hound or Dachshund).

GeorgeBates

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llJapan
To be clear, Marines call themselves just about any damn thing they want to. Other services only call them slang terms for Marines behind their backs or out of the earshot of a Marine.

:)
Have you heard the one about how the different armed services tell time...? ;)

Misterhawk

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
To be clear, Marines call themselves just about any damn thing they want to. Other services only call them slang terms for Marines behind their backs or out of the earshot of a Marine. :)
It's always much more fun to tease Marines (or any other service member) to their face ... and most of the Marines I know give as well as they get.

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
excellent, look forward to more unbalanced dogs from ya. Still think the best scenario title you had boy, was anal bus, that was a funny one.

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
I don't think that this honours true Marines.
If they cannot hold their nerves facing a non violent behaviour - however distasteful as it could be - they are not fit for the army and they should be immediately banned from it - or at least start over some training drills.
I am quite sure that a true Marine will keep very calm, won't react out of anger and will face provocation with clenched teeth, showing that the USA which he represents cannot be drawn into a pervert game of unjust violence.
Otherwise he would just be a thug mixed with an unstable, emotive drama queen.