Are there any 3-player scenarios that can be played with SK#1&2 components?

prekarius

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llFinland
As title says: Are there any 3-player scenarios that can be played with SK#1&2 components?

I am just getting started in this and would like to learn the basics together with couple friends of mine and would like all of us to get piece of the action.

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
I am going to guess that none of the scenarios that are designed as three-player scenarios will be suitable. Most such scenarios include vehicles, just as a start. That said, you can take any ASL/ASLSK scenario and make it three (or more) player by dividing a side (usually the attacker) or sides between players. That was how I started playing ASL. We typically played two-to-a-side. This works best with large scenarios, and ASLSK scenarios tend not to be very large, but you may be able to find some scenario that can work. Full three-player games typically have a different turn sequence that interleaves the actions of the three sides. Throwing in such a major change to play would be somewhat beyond the ASLSK mission.

JR

fleitz3

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
It's not an exact match to what you have, but a classic solution is "the Streets of Stalingrad", downloadable from the MMP website and using Board #1. One person plays one side on both sub-scenarios (Guards Counterattack & Tractor Factory), the other two plays the opposing side on each of the two sub-scenarios.

chris_olden

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Isn't there an SK scenario with Brits, Italians, and Americans?
Italians are defending as I recall.

witchbottles

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
It's not an exact match to what you have, but a classic solution is "the Streets of Stalingrad", downloadable from the MMP website and using Board #1. One person plays one side on both sub-scenarios (Guards Counterattack & Tractor Factory), the other two plays the opposing side on each of the two sub-scenarios.
this one can be tricky for newer players, however, as invariably one side or the other is going to be in a position requiring an attack on one side of the map while defending on the other side. I recommend giving the most experienced player the side all alone. Jack up the tension by limiting communication for the 2 player side to only a single sentence written comment that can be recorded at any time in a player turn ,but must be placed out of sight until the next Rally Phase, when it can be read by the other player (no unit sub-commanders had such close cohesion to the units on their left and right in combat.) - Adds a new flavor to the 3 player breakup to do this.

:)

igycrctl

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Joseph 351 has Americans, Germans, and Russians. It also has the free French, but they play with the American counters.

Oops, just realized this is an SK 3 scenario.

Last edited:

prekarius

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llFinland
Thanks for the tips.

I think for the first try we'll split the Germans in Vierville in two and see how it goes.