VASLeague 2017, general discussion

shirlfactor

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I was supposed to play against Bob Eury in OA28 Where Iron Crosses grow, Unfortunately Bob conceded the match . My Germans are ready to go when Bob has time in the future to push some cardboard.

ecz

Partisan Captain
Reaction score
Country
llItaly
hello,
I'm having a crazy month at work. Not even close to think to pursuit players to have the last results
more later today
sorry and thank you for the patience
(of course we'll have one more week for round 4)

ecz

Partisan Captain
Reaction score
Country
llItaly
ah ah, you should try to manage a League with 100+ players...
anyway, I have had the craziest month at work of my career, and it is still continuing... Tomorrow I'll be at Florence for work and for a few days, and I plan to make the necessary update while on the plane! hopefully in a couple of days the new round should start since the worst part is left behid.

to make a long story short I had to replace a few colleagues at work (yes ONE person must replace more persons) . The only problem is their job is not the mine :wtf: (imagine a "doctor" that makes abdomen surgery that must operate leg bones, so you can get the idea even if I'm not a medic and luckily I do not have to operate anyone). Thus I had to learn a lot of new things :study:while, of course, my ordinary work still goes on :mad: ...
But I'm surviving, and the chances are I'll be able to close the third round and start the fourth very soon despite the turret hit taken :confused:

ecz

Partisan Captain
Reaction score
Country
llItaly
and here we are

TOP VASLeague Round 4

PAGNI andrea vs WIERSMA brian
CORRIGAN eoin vs CHAMBERLAND paul
NOGUEIRA carl vs ROSSO vic
DOMOVIC rich vs BOUDRENGHIEN françois
COLE jon vs WASSERMAN jeff
YOUNG kenneth vs BEEKMAN Edward
LAUGER paul vs FEINSTEIN Robert
MAZZEI chris vs ROUNDHILL brian
CLEAVIN aaron vs HAMMOND charles
LOPER robert vs PERHAM dave
KOESTLER alex vs KLAUTKY mike
LUNDY darryl vs CATANZARO enrico
CARIOLATO paolo vs BAYS john
GARCIA SILVA pablo vs KILLEEN kevin
TINTURE laurent vs VOZNIC ryan

European- Oceanian League ROUND 4 (Last)

HOFLAND chris vs CONFORTI leonardo
JENSEN lars peder vs STAPF nathan
MARTINEZ juanjo vs FLEMING will
PENABELLA santiago vs HANNA marc
TOZE santos vs CABRÉ marti
CORIASCO sandro vs KENT ivan

US/CAN East League ROUND 4 (Last)

TAYLOR jim vs DUNN ken
CHAPMAN chris vs BOYLE jack
SCHAEFFER paul vs AUGUSTINE mike
NORKO damon vs PALMA Patrick
WILLOW will vs WERT jason
FORTIN jean francois vs LANGER david
YLLANES david vs TRAVER jim
WATSON mark vs DUMMY player

US/CAN west-central League ROUND 4 (Last)

ROHLFING larry vs HOULISTON craig
ROUTH brian vs KNIPPEL steffen
HAASL david vs LEHMAN john
BURNETTE jason vs ROSNER david
MOTES doyle vs ZINSELMEYER Robert
CUMMINGS steve vs DUMMY play

SECOND LINE LEAGUE Round 4

VICCA martin vs HARVIALA mika
CHILDS bruce vs DYE charles
ISELLA stefano vs CALTABIANO sebastiano
FARDETTE james vs OLER robert
KING stewart vs KIRKPATRICK albert
BUSER jeff vs MARTINI luca
ARRIETA rob vs ALESSE roberto
KOCK kris vs TROUT chris
DELAURA norman vs LORENZEN bjoern
MORO joe vs DEISSLER tobias
DEMPSEY jack vs GOLDIN andrew
GARVIN david vs RIMWALL magnus
BOCK john vs MASON pierce
BEATON andy vs GRIFFA alberto
TEWKSBURY chuck vs DUMMY player
DRAGONETTI jay vs KEHRER jordan

time to complete the games is until 10 September 2017
in the attachments there are the results of Round 4

just a reminder:
All leagues but TOP and SLL end after their 4th round
an email will follow

Attachments

Last edited:

Carln0130

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Take care of your health Enrico and thanks for doing this despite real life's many pressures.

Reactions: ecz

ecz

Partisan Captain
Reaction score
Country
llItaly
two posts above I have added the pairings for SLL and uploaded the round 3 results

ASL1

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Evening

John Bock and I will play STL 12 "What Doesn't Kill You." My valiant IJA forces
of the 33rd Division will do battle against Johns' Chinese of the 38th Division supported by the 12th Mountain Division Battery and
elements of the 7th Armored Brigade. Buckle up ya'll , going to be a fun ride!

Cheers!
Pierce

PabloGS

Reaction score
Country
llChile
Kevin Killeen and I will play Buck 10 - Buckeye Blitzkrieg. I am taking the Japanese defenders and he will attack with the sons of Ohio.

WuWei

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Tobias
Country
llGermany
Joe and I played ASL17 Lost Opportunities. He was the German attacker, and called my bluff on some dummy "kill stacks" at the bottom of the map. I had a really good run with my mortar in the top half of the map, but he managed to break this squad in his first DFPh and it never recovered.

I took the opportunity for a small counter-attack with one of my squad that went fanatic, but when they broke (against all odds!), Joe could move a half squad into the perfect position to eliminate TWO of my broken squads in the next RtPh. Decloaking my 57L gun was the only option I had left, but unfortunately it didn't have any HE. With intensive fire and a critical hit with AP ammunition, I managed to break the German HS, thus rescuing the two squads from the brink of elimination.

After that, it turned out that the Germans had over exerted themselves and were only one squad away from losing the game (VCs state that they immediately lose if they drop below 9 good order squad equivalents). When they couldn't rally a single squad, I went "all in" and prep fired all I had in my next PFPh and managed to break the one squad I needed to break.

That was a really tense game, full of hard decisions, gambles, and the little bit of luck I needed in the end to win - everything I love about ASL!

My best wishes to Joe for the remaining game.

Houlie

CEO of HoulieDice (TM)
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Craig Houliston's defending French will take on Larry Rohlfing's attacking Germanic hoard in 79 Bridge of the Seven Planets. This is a scenario that has been on my list for ages, but seems like everyone has played it but me. Looking forward to it!

Joe Moro

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Joe and I played ASL17 Lost Opportunities. He was the German attacker, and called my bluff on some dummy "kill stacks" at the bottom of the map. I had a really good run with my mortar in the top half of the map, but he managed to break this squad in his first DFPh and it never recovered.

I took the opportunity for a small counter-attack with one of my squad that went fanatic, but when they broke (against all odds!), Joe could move a half squad into the perfect position to eliminate TWO of my broken squads in the next RtPh. Decloaking my 57L gun was the only option I had left, but unfortunately it didn't have any HE. With intensive fire and a critical hit with AP ammunition, I managed to break the German HS, thus rescuing the two squads from the brink of elimination.

After that, it turned out that the Germans had over exerted themselves and were only one squad away from losing the game (VCs state that they immediately lose if they drop below 9 good order squad equivalents). When they couldn't rally a single squad, I went "all in" and prep fired all I had in my next PFPh and managed to break the one squad I needed to break.

That was a really tense game, full of hard decisions, gambles, and the little bit of luck I needed in the end to win - everything I love about ASL!

My best wishes to Joe for the remaining game.
What a great little scenario!!..One of those scenarios that comes down to timing and the correct amount of pressure!.

As the German, if you push hard (as i did!!) you will end up with a lot of broken/conscripts squads, that are hard to rally.

I had the US on the ropes, and with a open path to the victory building..however i had quite a number of broken units , and wasn't able to rally any of my broken units in the prep phase...the rest is history...Good tense game and a great opponent,,..good luck Tobias...maybe a rematch soon?

MrHonus

Honus
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
What a great little scenario!!..One of those scenarios that comes down to timing and the correct amount of pressure!.

As the German, if you push hard (as i did!!) you will end up with a lot of broken/conscripts squads, that are hard to rally.

I had the US on the ropes, and with a open path to the victory building..however i had quite a number of broken units , and wasn't able to rally any of my broken units in the prep phase...the rest is history...Good tense game and a great opponent,,..good luck Tobias...maybe a rematch soon?
Perhaps if you had tried to rally them in the rally phase... ;)

tunixx

Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Norm Delaura and I played

J191 "Rebels without a pause".

The scenario is highly recommended. Norm was attacking with the Slovaks / Partisans and had a very good plan. I wasn't aware of his real intentions until very late in the game. Rolling boxcars 4 times on his rally attempt didn't help. In the end my Germans were able to defend the victory hexes winning the scenario by a narrow margin. The scenario was played in a very friendly atmosphere and playing Norm is much fun.