ATRs

bendizoid

Official ***** Dickweed
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I knew that ATR was going to kick off the stand again, gimme a break. Put it on the ground and put a pillow on that shoulder. Still, very cool, thanks.

Yuri0352

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I knew that ATR was going to kick off the stand again, gimme a break. Put it on the ground and put a pillow on that shoulder. Still, very cool, thanks.
At least they remembered to punch the dirt out of the bore between shots after dropping the muzzle in to the ground. Otherwise the video could have been especially exciting.

As for shooting from a tripod, apparently the massive beer gut of the first shooter precluded his use of the ATR 's bipod. I don't know what the second guy's excuse would be.

Last edited:

clubby

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Super scientific. If tank armor was held up by a couple 2x4s this is definitive proof of something.

sfcmikej

US Army Retired
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The biggest reason to shoot standing instead of prone is the recoil. While prone your body will not be knocked back by the considerable recoil of the weapon meaning your shoulder will take 100% of the recoil force. These gentleman, like most of us, have moved past their ten foot tall and bulletproof stage and would probably sustain injuries in the process.

Mike

Yuri0352

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The biggest reason to shoot standing instead of prone is the recoil. While prone your body will not be knocked back by the considerable recoil of the weapon meaning your shoulder will take 100% of the recoil force. These gentleman, like most of us, have moved past their ten foot tall and bulletproof stage and would probably sustain injuries in the process.

Mike
No doubt shooting from a standing position is more comfortable. However their decision to use a flimsy (camera?) tripod more than once shows questionable judgement and a lack of consideration for another person's valuable property.

I certainly have enjoyed most of the other Forgotten Weapons videos. This one just seemed to veer a little bit more towards the YouTube/Jackass spectrum.

aiabx

Same as it ever was
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I thought it was pretty interesting. I don't think the armour plate cared about the shooter's position.

sfcmikej

US Army Retired
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
No doubt shooting from a standing position is more comfortable. However their decision to use a flimsy (camera?) tripod more than once shows questionable judgement and a lack of consideration for another person's valuable property.
Very true Yuri.