Poll: Shall Lone Canuck Publishing get a thread in the 'Unofficial Company Support Forums' section?

Shall Lone Canuck Publishing get a thread in the 'Unofficial Company Support Forums' section?

• Yes, LCP should be represented with a thread.

Votes: 115 88.5%
  • No, LCP should not be represented with a thread.

Votes: 4 3.1%
  • Indifferent. No matter to me if LCP gets a thread or not.

Votes: 11 8.5%

• Total voters

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
The title says it all:

Do you think that 'Lone Canuck Publishing' should have a thread of its own in the 'Unofficial Company Support Forums' section, where currently MMP, Bounding Fire Productions, Le Franc Tireur, Heat of Battle, and Critical Hit are represented?

Some time ago I made such a proposal to the moderators but got no reaction. Recently, in another thread 20 forumites supported this proposal with one being against it (see here and following posts):

http://www.gamesquad.com/forums/index.php?threads/lone-canuck-publications.128452/page-2#post-1875336

I do not know if there are any particular prerequisites for getting a thread in that section and if so, what prerequisites this may be. Whatever the case, numerous reasons have been put forward why people think that LCP should be represented:

• Longevity - LCP has been producing ASL compatible products since 1998, nineteen years.
  • Products - LCP has produced over two dozen scenario packs and campaign game modules for sale at affordable prices.
  • Diversity - Modules cover battles from the early war period through the end of the war involving virtually all major combatants of the European theater.
  • Size - The modules range from small, quick tournament scenarios to large engagements that simulate battalion sized fights.
  • Price - Most items cost about US$12-$14 and the most expensive items sell for US$27.
  • Research - Each module is thoroughly researched and play tested.
  • Module Support - LCP updates it's errata page as soon as a correction needs to be published.
  • ASL Support - LCP provides support for ASL tournaments in the US and Canada, with prizes and sponsorship.
  • Freebies - LCP, in association with Victoria ASL group, has produced fourteen scenarios packs that include a specific map for that pack which is free to download and print by any ASL player.
  • Customer Service - LCP has great customer service and timely supports questions asked here in the forum.
  • Forum support - LCP answers questions regarding its products and rules questions here in the forum in a timely and reliable manner.
Please cast your vote in the poll, so that we can base the proposal to the moderators of the forum on a more systematic and better founded basis.

von Marwitz

AZslim

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
LCP does all the things one would expect to deserve a thread.

If CH has a thread, it proves the the bar for a thread is pretty low.

How much work can it take to set up a thread?

Paul M. Weir

Forum Guru
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llIreland
In its early days LCP was in the same ballpark as SP and the various ASL clubs that produced scenario only packs. There seems to have been a policy of only giving a company forum for producers who did more than scenario packs. I suspect a number of reasons for that like a long term question of whether that producer would last, whether there would be enough traffic to justify their own folder and so on. Possibly the factor of "anyone can produce a scenario pack, but are they serious enough".

LCP has in the past few years has progressed to the stage where it is looking more like the early years of CH and HoB, not quite there yet in the big league but getting there.

macrobo

King of Boxcars
Reaction score
First name
Rob
Country
llAustralia
Hi

My comment is - "It is not what your fellow man can do for you but what you can do for your fellow man!"

Why did GS not give them a slot?- band width, number of Tabs that ASL deserved - are Canadians as issue over there - from Down under it does not seem much to us

"The Keeper of the Faith" is being called to .. please help us understand you wise decision............

Cheers

Rob :rolleyes:

kcole4001

Stray Cat
Reaction score
First name
Kevin
Country
llCanada
I think another important reason for inclusion is the increasing acceptance and popularity in the ASL community at large.

Paul M. Weir

Forum Guru
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llIreland
I think another important reason for inclusion is the increasing acceptance and popularity in the ASL community at large.
On its own that should qualify the likes of SP as their packs are quite popular, so close to a reason but not quite there. However, your reason does come so, so close and that made me consider the related fact that LCP is now generating enough traffic here in GS to justify the small pain of an extra folder. In the end it's the effect on GS and its posters, rather than the volume of modules, sales of same, quantity of extras (maps, counters) or perceived quality (obviously excluding real shite)

Personally while I feel that, though becoming different in type of pack, LCP is edging ahead of SP, they are still in the same ballpark, but LCP seems to me to outperform SP in terms of posting activity.

Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
Personally while I feel that, though becoming different in type of pack, LCP is edging ahead of SP, they are still in the same ballpark, but LCP seems to me to outperform SP in terms of posting activity.
I don't see the point of these kind of comparisons. Particularly since the management have no rhyme or reason to their decisions, nor have they communicated a threshold upon which a company is considered worthy of its own space here.

Last edited:

Jazz

Inactive
Reaction score
Country
llLithuania
I don't see the point of these kind of comparisons. Particularly since the moderators have no rhyme or reason to their decisions, nor have they communicated a threshold upon which a company is considered worthy of its own space here.
Not a moderator call to make.

Talk to the management, which moderators are not a part of.

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
I am quite sure that moderators have Don's ear.
Having a special folder for LCP is an excellent idea.

Jazz

Inactive
Reaction score
Country
llLithuania
I am quite sure that moderators have Don's ear.
Having a special folder for LCP is an excellent idea.
Not nearly as much as you seem to think. We can bring it to Don's attention and I will do so....but your estimation of my influence is not reflected in reality.

Mister T

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
One element that is surprisingly overlooked in the thread: do we know whether LCP is interested in having its own subfolder? Did it make a call to GS for that purpose?

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
One element that is surprisingly overlooked in the thread: do we know whether LCP is interested in having its own subfolder? Did it make a call to GS for that purpose?
IIRC, the other TPP didn't ask to have a folder.
Now, if LCP insist on not having a folder, I would presume that the powers that be won't create one for them.

Roy

Living in Brownbackistan
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Seems like the HOB one could be emptied and re-named. Maybe I'm underestimating the difficulty...........

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
Seems like the HOB one could be emptied and re-named. Maybe I'm underestimating the difficulty...........
It would be preferable that the HOB one not be removed because there is probably some useful post in there. It probably does not take up that much space.

JR

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Well, what do you expect George Kelln to say?
In a way it would be asking a person if he thinks that he deserves a medal. No matter if he'd answer "yes", "no" or "I don't care" it might appear strange. So I can understand that he does not utter anything on the matter.

von Marwitz