The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
Night rules.
Psychological freeze on that section of the rules.

Nineteen Kilo

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Perhaps the number one is the WC dr that takes all your smoke and drifts it in the wrong direction. So many counters on the board that you can't figure out where anything is. Stacks everywhere, falling over.
Yep WC dr, my crowd doesn't even bother with it. Whatever the weather starts at, it stays at when we play.

Not a personal fan of the Narrow Streets and Rowhouse Rules. They make me "groan" in your words.

trailrunner

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I had a lot of trouble understanding C5.3 - Bounding Firer. To me, it's terribly confusing and circular, and didn't cover the simple case of firing in the DFPh while under a motion counter.

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
I had a lot of trouble understanding C5.3 - Bounding Firer. To me, it's terribly confusing and circular, and didn't cover the simple case of firing in the DFPh while under a motion counter.
Motion fire is covered in C5.35. C5.35 refers back to previous C5.3 rules, which then also includes case B [C5.2]. Short summary of C5.3 et. al.: +4 turreted, +5 non-turreted & double the lower dr if not currently stopped. The summary does not cover Gyro-stabilized vehicles or limited aim.

JR

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
Roll the dice and if you get anything but a snake eyes or a 1,2, you missed!
A Motion tank firing at a non-moving (C.8) target vehicle that expends a start MP hits on a four and some fives.

JR

Last edited:

trailrunner

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
When I cited section C5.3 as a poorly written section, I was actually including all of its subordinate sections, including C5.35.

Motion fire is covered in C5.35. C5.35 refers back to previous C5.3 rules, which then also includes case B [C5.2]. Short summary of C5.3 et. al.: +4 turreted, +5 non-turreted & double the lower dr if not currently stopped. The summary does not cover Gyro-stabilized vehicles or limited aim.
Section C5.35 specifically refers to motion fire in the MPh, but doesn't say anything about the DFPh. Other sections in C5.3 refer specifically to the MPh and AFPh, but motion firing in the DFPh is not mentioned. Since the MPh and the AFPh were specifically called out, it wasn't clear how to handle motion fire in the DFPh. Maybe it's obvious to the experienced player, but when I was trying to learn the game, it caused me lots of problems. I eventually found an errata for section C5.35 that removed the specific reference to the MPh and somewhat clarified this, but section C5.3 (and its subordinate sections) still could have been written a lot clearer.

kcole4001

Stray Cat
Reaction score
First name
Kevin
Country
llCanada
Human Wave i guess.
It's been so long since I've done one or seen one done at me that I don't remember a thing about 'em.

Sully

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
WC DR. Weather/EC in general could have been handled more gracefully.

For pure WTF were they thinking - Rice Paddies. Seems entirely over baked IMHO.

witchbottles

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
A Motion tank firing at a non-moving (C.8) target vehicle that expends a start MP hits on a four and some fives.

JR
wow, good tank hits on 14s or higher!!! (a four and some 5s) :D Where'd they get those optics, off an M1A1 Abrams?