Which of these will be most likely published next?

Wedge

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
1987 Partisan!
1988 West of Alamein

1992 Croix de Guerre
2000 Hollow Legions
2006 Armies of Oblivion
2010 Doomed Battalions (The Last Hurrah)
2011 For King and Country
2013 Rising Sun (Gung Ho/Code of Bushido)

Last edited:

Brian W

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Partisan, WoA, and HL are dead, and will never be reprinted as they have been incorporated/superseded (or will be) elsewhere. I'd say probably FK&C will be reprinted before any of the others, but at some point they will never be reprinted. Is that now? No one knows for sure.

RobZagnut

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The Korean War module followed by either the French or Italians depending if Dan Dolan can get his campaign finished.

zgrose

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Zoltan
Country
llUnited States
The Last Hurrah was rolled into Doomed Battalions, too.

TopT

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Partisan, WoA, and HL are dead, and will never be reprinted as they have been incorporated/superseded (or will be) elsewhere. I'd say probably FK&C will be reprinted before any of the others, but at some point they will never be reprinted. Is that now? No one knows for sure.
I thought that "HL II" was going to be the new Desert Module?

Brian W

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I thought that "HL II" was going to be the new Desert Module?
I knew they were going to roll it together with the desert module and assumed that it would be renamed, just as CoB/GH will never be reprinted as they are now combined. I sure hope they don't call it HL II. Maybe Cairo or Bust; no, CoB was taken already. Maybe Can an Italian Get a Glass Of Water Around Here.

Srynerson

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I knew they were going to roll it together with the desert module and assumed that it would be renamed, just as CoB/GH will never be reprinted as they are now combined.
While MMP is free to do what they want with the name, I'm guessing they aren't going to change the name of HL because the revisions to it are not as material a change as combining CoB/GH. (The name change from WoA to FKaC was kind of required due to dropping the desert rules from it.)

Srynerson

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Why do you think FKaC will be reprinted before the others? CdG, AoO, and DB have all been out of print longer (much longer in the case of CdG).

Brian W

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I guessed it is more in demand than the others and since it's been updated recently it can be reprinted with a minimum of effort, but that's just a guess--it may not be more in demand, it may be more in demand but MMP has other reasons for reprinting, etc..

Bob Walters

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Is it possible that Hollow Legions and the British will be combined together in the upcoming release like the Japanese and the Marines were in Rising Sun?

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
Is it possible that Hollow Legions and the British will be combined together in the upcoming release like the Japanese and the Marines were in Rising Sun?
I rather think that the desert rules, boards and overlays originally in WoA will be added to the HL material.
FKaC should remain as is.

Brian W

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Anything is possible, up to and including none of it ever is reprinted.

I doubt MMP will reuse the same name as they have not done so before when there has been a change in contents, and the new Italian module will have radically different contents than the first--all of chapter F overlays, boards, counters, as well as the Ethiopian countermix.

Srynerson

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I doubt MMP will reuse the same name as they have not done so before when there has been a change in contents, and the new Italian module will have radically different contents than the first--all of chapter F overlays, boards, counters, as well as the Ethiopian countermix.
A change in contents doesn't automatically result in a name change -- for example, Yanks wasn't renamed when the Paratrooper contents were added -- and the planned changes to Hollow Legions seems much more like the changes from Yanks to Yanks 2 than the consolidation of CoB/GH.

daniel zucker

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Americans were Yanks, British were Tommy's German's landsers (sp?)
So what was the nick name for Italian soldier? and for that matter what were the, let us say, none offensive nicknames for troops of all the nations.
I'm not PC-ing any one but some how I don't think the Japaneses thought of them-self's as 'Japs". What nickname did they give to them-self's or were called by their allies that was not derogatory

Bob Walters

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The only really non derogatory name for Germans was, I think, jerries. As to Japanese I doubt we had any non derogatory names as they were not white. Italians at the time were still at least partially looked down on and not really considered white by a great part of the American WASP population. It reminds me of an episode of MASH in which Winchester learns his sister was marrying an Italian. We were certainly not alone given the racial attitudes of both the German and Japanese governments of that time.