Hakka parallel rules sheets.

rgrove

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Just finished updating my rule book with all the errata listed on this sight. Mmp pages, stickys, all done. I just recieved my copy of Hakka Paalle today and see it has a bunch of replacement pages. Are these after the updated errata or do they have to be updated once inserted as well? They are marked 2014. God please don't tell me I have to sticky them again!

Last edited:

bprobst

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Bruce
Country
llAustralia
Not sure why this is in the "Chatter" folder ... the rules folder would seem more appropriate ....

Congratulations on completing a large and fairly tedious job.

Any way, the answer to your question depends on the date the errata was issued. When a rules page is replaced the new page will already incorporate all existing errata. Obviously it can't incorporate errata issued after the page was replaced.

I don't know what you're referring to when you say "this sight" (you mean "site") -- GS doesn't hold any errata files, that I'm aware of? If you mean the MMP site, it doesn't yet include any errata dated more recently than ASL Journal 10. Errata issued in Nos. 11 & 12 post-date the replacement pages from HP. I think the only changes to the HP pages are the errata to the Chapter B footnotes (as described in J11) and the minor Chapter C divider/QRDC updates for Gun Pushing (as described in J12), but don't just take my word on that.

Any way: now that you're up-to-date any future changes will be applied in the correct order (assuming that you stay up-to-date). The advice for anyone else doing it for the first time is to either apply the errata in strict chronological order and/or take extra care to make sure that the errata you're applying is not made redundant by some following update.

rgrove

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Sorry, yes I meant "site" and I was sure I got the list here somewhere but perhaps it was mmp and I was directed there from here. If I understand you correctly the majority of the HP pages can replace what I have but there are some changes to others more recent, I'll need to look on a page by page basis. What fun

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
IIRC, the HP Replacement Pages mainly inserted new stuff, but I hope nothing was missed (besides the footnote mentioned below) and that those sections that are not new now have any old existing errata included - those rules should be denoted by a black bullet.

Regarding errata applying the to HP Replacement Pages, I have found two items - both from ASL Journal 11.

The rules covered by the HP Replacement Pages are:
A24.61 - A26.4
B32.32 - B36.6
D15. - D17.5

The errata that applies to these are:

B27.6 and Chapter B Footnotes: change existing footnote “3a”
to “3B” and add new Chapter B footnote “3a. 10.1 HiLLS: In addition
to having visible Crest Lines beneath some terrain, newer
boards are much better at depicting where Crest Lines actually are
by using gaps in the terrain. In many areas of these boards, most
players will be able to agree on where the Crest Lines actually are
underneath the other terrain of grain, brush, woods, or buildings
even without visible Crest Lines. When players can so agree, we encourage
them to use the actual Crest Lines to determine LOS.”.
(This errata from JOURNAL 10 also applies to page B43 provided
in Hakkaa Päälle!)

D16.12: line 3, after “orchard-roads” add “and brush-roads”.

The footnote errata is from ASL Journal 10, and it was missed when the HP pages were created.

rgrove

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Thanks, wasn't a big a deal as I first thought. Pages went right in as is in all but a couple minor areas as you noted. THANKS again!

bprobst

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Bruce
Country
llAustralia
D16.12: line 3, after “orchard-roads” add “and brush-roads”.
Which as we know is a very interesting piece of errata indeed. Where in the core rules can I discover what a "brush-road" is? It's not listed in the Index, nor can they be found in B12 (Brush) or B3 (Roads). It would be useful to know, since the terrain type appears on several geomorphic boards now (52V5, 7aG4, etc.).

Are they anything like the "building-road" hex found in hex 8AA1? (No core rules for that, either.)