Face Towards Enemy

Sand Bar Bill

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
As a matter of scale , it looks like ASL but apparently isn't? Though it must employ a lot of HIP or concealment I imagine.

Is it going to be a series for modern conflicts?

Perry

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
It takes a few concepts from ASL, but that's it.

We hope to expand the system into further areas of the Vietnam War, if FTE is sucessful.

It _should_ be expandable to later conflicts also.

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Looks interesting, but I just don't like the counter art, looks too cartoonish.

Scott

Zugführer

Reaction score
Country
llGermany
I am very excited too, but I don't like the counter art. The Vietnameses don't look like Vietnameses and I am not a fan of the cartoonish stile. By the way, the PKM was not used during the Vietnam War. The lMG used was the RPD.

Zugführer

Reaction score
Country
llGermany

Attachments

Perry

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

Zugführer

Reaction score
Country
llGermany
That would be so great. I pre-ordered it back in 2015 at a local games store. When I saw the photos I wanted to put it on the table immediately.

JRKrejsa

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I am very excited too, but I don't like the counter art. The Vietnameses don't look like Vietnameses and I am not a fan of the cartoonish stile. By the way, the PKM was not used during the Vietnam War. The lMG used was the RPD.
RPDs are being sold in the US now. Semi-auto only for now...

An interesting relic of that era.

Srynerson

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Front Toward Enemy is a cool game, and we are going to re-jigger the P#. I expect to see it this year.
Looking forward to it! I've been surprised that it hasn't gotten more love on pre-orders.

Zugführer

Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Front Toward Enemy is a cool game, and we are going to re-jigger the P#. I expect to see it this year.
In the meantime did You guys at MMP talk about the plan to re-jigger the P#? I would say 400 is a good number. ;)

Can You tell us whether or not FTE will be published this year and if so, when approximately this will be the case?

Yes I know I am impatient. :oops:

Perry

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Front Toward Enemy P# has been re-jiggered.

http://campaign.r20.constantcontact.com/render?m=1110714961200&ca=ad245501-e4c3-4da0-9989-24b0a5e6e57c

Finally, a note about an existing preorder - Front Toward Enemy (FTE). FTE is our game recreating tactical engagements during the Vietnam War, brought to you by the design and development team of Joe Chacon and Nick Richardson with counter art by Nicolás Eskubi. FTE has been stuck on about 400 preorders for a while now, well under the 700 preorder threshold. We set the high preorder number of 700 so that we could keep the price down and still make a profit, but it doesn't look like this great game is going to get the 700 preorders it needs. So we have decided to lower our print run and lower the preorder number to 540 while keeping the preorder price unchanged at $48. Because the print run is smaller, the unit cost per game will go up, so we have to increase the retail price to $70. That means the preorder discount is about 32%, rather than our normal 25%. Existing preorders and the preorder price are unaffected. This will significantly cut into our profit margin on the game, but we think so much of this game that we are willing subsidize it on the off-chance that we can make up the difference in retail sales after the preorder is completed.

So now is your chance to get this great game at 32% off retail and help push it over its new, lower P# threshold. (To see what the Chacon/Richardson/Eskubi team is capable of, take a look at OPERATION MERCURY, our new GTS Crete game that will be shipping shortly.)

You can preorder FRONT TOWARD ENEMY here!

Zugführer

Reaction score
Country
llGermany
The pre-order number of 540 is reached! I hope the game will be published this year.

On Consimworld there are 10 attachments for further information. Looks very good so far.

http://talk.consimworld.com/WebX/.1ddbae77/152

I included the ten pdf files here.

Attachments

Brad M-V

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
You finally wore me down, Zugfuhrer. I really like the casualty rules and the chit pull system. Looks like fun, hope they add more terrain over time as well, though, and I strongly suggest that they remove the chicken wire look of the hex-sides and only print the hex spines instead. The coloured centre dots for terrain IDs is excellent though. IMO it would open up the look of this game and really add to it's atmosphere, and make it look less like a Lock'N'Load map, yuck! ;-) The game looks like a winner otherwise. I will be getting it now.