Ole Boe?

Jazz

Inactive
Reaction score
Country
llLithuania
Anybody know how to get hold of Ole Boe? He left this forum a while ago.

I think someone has hacked his old ASML account and is sending spam to the list under his name.

olli

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
I know he washed his hands of all things ASL after being hounded by the Trolls here. Not sure how to contact him at all now any previous contact info I had is now long dead.

GeorgeBates

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llJapan
I know he washed his hands of all things ASL after being hounded by the Trolls here. Not sure how to contact him at all now any previous contact info I had is now long dead.
If this is true it is absolutely shameful and we're all worse off for it.

Jazz, I had exchanged messages with Ole some years ago. If you're not getting any other help, drop me a note.

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
I miss Ole.
He was a very competent rules guru - Klas and jrv have taken the role brilliantly, for the best.

When he left the forums, he made the "error" to state it in a post.

Then, forgetting all his good inputs and his contribution to ASL, a wolf pack of infuriated forum members piled their contemptuous and hateful posts on him.

When someone dares say that Ole was a good contributor to GS and to the hobby, that type of expressions of hate often come up.
I would venture that those schoolyard bullies hardly ever visit the rules folder and live on unforgiving moralism, which hypocritically crucifies people who make the slightest error.
Disgusting.

GeorgeBates

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llJapan
So maybe we should communicate our desire to have him rejoin the hobby with unanimous acclaim? Why did we ever yield the field to a few immature, abusive pissants?

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
I am not sure that his leaving the hobby was due to the forums' members' behavior alone.
I presume that our Scandinavian ASL friends could say more.
I just have sent him a "Friend" demand on FB... wait and see.

Mister T

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
According to reports from Norway some time ago, it was impossible to reach him when it came to ASL. Clearly some incendiary posts from Sweden hurt.

Philippe D.

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
And he made my favourite playaid which I use in every single ASL game:
Yes, that's the exact one I had laminated years ago, it was clearly the one playing aid I would be using. It's been superceded by LFT's Rat Pocket Charts for me, though.

bprobst

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Bruce
Country
llAustralia