disgusted and fed up with direction of ASL

wrongway149

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Asl is one of the few hobbies where you don't have to buy the latest stuff. Okay on with your old gear, you will still have plenty to play. If , though, this is a completist throwing in the towel then that has nothing to do with the hobby of playing asl.

Just buy Red Factories. Looks like it is all the ASL anyone will ever need for the rest of your life. The ' Everlasting Gob stopper' of ASL.:p

Of course, you will WANT 'Slaughter at Ponyri', which will come soon after.:jig:

Last edited:

ActionBurk

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
People quit for all kinds of reasons, some feel the need to voice those reasons. Perhaps it's plea for assurance that they've made the right decision or to be talked out of it. Still find it poor form to piss on the tent others are still in.

We quit and gave the reason as burn out, which was true. Were there other factors? Probably, but loved the game and players too much to ever give the tent a shower.

RevJJ

Malf'ers of the Universe
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Still find it poor form to piss on the tent others are still in.
Perhaps but it doesn't dissuade my enjoyment of ASL if someone, whom I've never met, announces on the Internet that they are quitting. Nor does it rile me up into some defensive, fanatic frenzy if they say they are leaving for what they perceive as negative reasons. I doubt it does for anyone really.

mi80j

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Just buy Red Factories. Looks like it is all the ASL anyone will ever need for the rest of your life. The ' Everlasting Gob stopper' of ASL.:p

Of course, you will WANT 'Slaughter at Ponyri', which will come soon after.:jig:
Okay, I pre-ordered two copies of "Red Factories".

And, now I see this, and just received Journal 11, which has that sportin' picture of that slammin' and awesome map, and tantalizing tidbits of info re new units, and so on...

So, I must ask - how much sooner?

wrongway149

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Okay, I pre-ordered two copies of "Red Factories".

And, now I see this, and just received Journal 11, which has that sportin' picture of that slammin' and awesome map, and tantalizing tidbits of info re new units, and so on...

So, I must ask - how much sooner?
Well the scenarios are just about done. So just waiting on the CG playtest to say 'Good enough"

2017 is realistic.

mi80j

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Well the scenarios are just about done. So just waiting on the CG playtest to say 'Good enough"

2017 is realistic.
Do you mean that "Slaughter at Ponyri" will be on sale in 2017?

(Please, please, PLEASE say yes!)

bendizoid

Official ***** Dickweed
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
He's right, this game is stupid and it costs too much. I quit forever. Nice knowing you guys.

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
He's right, this game is stupid and it costs too much. I quit forever. Nice knowing you guys.
Perhaps you could save some money on a counter storage system. Instead of buying RAACO or Plano boxes, how about keeping your counters in a plastic trash bag? That might save some money.

JR

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
What!? And destroy his perfectly organized counter storage system he's already developed with a plastic sandwich bag!

Helmseye

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
I have become completely disgusted with the decisions being made by the producers of ASL.
From the constant BS from Critical Hit to the reprint decisions at BFP (ITR2) to MMPs
decisions to include Dinant with CdG and now not to update the Red Barricades map but to
include overlays instead. I've had enough. I just canceled my Red Factories order.

The amount of errata the comes out in this hobby to things like Academy games issuing
a second edition of an $80.00 game I just bought leaves me feeling that this hobby is
no longer for me.

I've had enough.

Good luck to the rest of you but my hobby dollars are going elsewhere.

please can you pm me your details to make offer on you ASL stuff

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
Well, before the vultures swoop down on the prey - their cackling, raucous cries already fill the air - it could be interesting to know if Mr. "bis" has changed his mind and overcome his initial anger.

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
FYI, I sent a pm to bis, asking him if his irritation had receded and suggesting that he chimed in on the thread that he started, as many posters - even the obnoxious, mocking and rude ones - had taken the pain to answer to his post.

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
I think you mean taken the pleasure to vent their own feelings about his post, as I don't think his OP invited responses.
I am doing my best to take his OP seriously.
But I may have been wrong - and if he actually doesn't answer my pm or post here, I will readily reckon that I have.
Which won't make me necessarily mock or attack the next poster who expresses some frustration, though.

bendizoid

Official ***** Dickweed
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I will pray for him. May God grant him wisdom in his moment of despair. Statements just seem vain at last.