ASLOK Hotel

Aaron Cleavin

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
If you get Motel 6 quality, better get Motel 6 rates.

The hotel took this year players for saps.
Yes Hotel rooms (Admittedly with a nice TV Screen) without any Fridge or cooking facilities and with just one working ice machine over 5 floors, no facilities and a gaming room that
needed more lighting and at times air conditioning, is really no more than a $59 a night proposition and possibly more like $49 a night

Easy E

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Couldn't make it this year. I took solace in the thought I wouldn't have stomach the Tribe Fans. :oops: Sounds like the hotel is even more tired than last year.

RobZagnut

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I am glad I am out of that hotel. No hot water half the time, no coke machines, only one ice machine, insufficient air conditioning in the gaming room, drills waking me up in the morning, bad lighting in the gaming room, no hotel carts, one day where the elevator wouldn't work on the 6th floor, wonky and incorrectly working elevators all week long, no working restrooms on the 6th floor, no paper towels in the substitute restrooms, no front desk, no manager available, and more. Not the place I wanted to stay in during my vacation. The gaming at ASLOK was great, the hotel was quite poor.
Seems like the best solution is that the tourney director demand compensation for next year by having the hotel host all the contestants for the Miss Teen USA contest at the same time as ASLOk.

Attendance would go up. I sure would attend.

... And please no jokes about showing your dice towers.

Proff3RTR

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Seems like the best solution is that the tourney director demand compensation for next year by having the hotel host all the contestants for the Miss Teen USA contest at the same time as ASLOk.

Attendance would go up. I sure would attend.

... And please no jokes about showing your dice towers.

Mhhh, Grown men in their late 40's & 50's (some older) wanting a convention in a hotel Hosting a Miss 'Teen' contest, something not quite right about that one :facepalm:

ActionBurk

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Mhhh, Grown men in their late 40's & 50's (some older) wanting a convention in a hotel Hosting a Miss 'Teen' contest, something not quite right about that one :facepalm:
Guy's my age and girls their age goons me out, and I was a sailor. I work around college co-eds and their grandmother's are too young for me.

Reading a new book on Pearl Harbor that has Elanor Roosevelt saying this about sailors: The cleanest bodies and the dirtiest minds.
What a perceptive woman.

Proff3RTR

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Guy's my age and girls their age goons me out, and I was a sailor. I work around college co-eds and their grandmother's are too young for me.

Reading a new book on Pearl Harbor that has Elanor Roosevelt saying this about sailors: The cleanest bodies and the dirtiest minds.
What a perceptive woman.

As a Brit squaddie, not much un-hinges me, but even I would have to say no to chicks 26 odd years younger than me, (and the wife would bloody well castrate me:eek:)

Aaron Cleavin

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Actually went to the Rock& Roll Hall of fame on the Sunday and the Browns were playing the Patriots.

The quality of the support for such a rock bottom team lead me to wonder if they might actually prefer to support Winners?

wrongway149

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Actually went to the Rock& Roll Hall of fame on the Sunday and the Browns were playing the Patriots.

The quality of the support for such a rock bottom team lead me to wonder if they might actually prefer to support Winners?
My motto as a Browns fan: "Don't quit five minutes before the miracle begins"

But I can't be an enabler, either. Go Tribe!!!!

Sparafucil3

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States
My motto as a Browns fan: "Don't quit five minutes before the miracle begins"

But I can't be an enabler, either. Go Tribe!!!!
Even the Browns had to leave Cleveland to win something. That should tell you how are it was for the Cavs. -- jim

xenovin

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Vincent
Country
llUnited States
What a perceptive woman.
My father in law was stuck on some god forsaken island in the pacific when Mrs R stopped by one day and when the throngs of young enlisted circled around to greet here, she told her security to get the "smelly dirty men away from her." Well she lost one voter after that

ActionBurk

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
As a Brit squaddie, not much un-hinges me, but even I would have to say no to chicks 26 odd years younger than me, (and the wife would bloody well castrate me:eek:)
LOL even 15 years younger is stretching it for me. I think I'll stick with the devil I know.

MAS01

Reaction score
First name
Mark
Country
llUnited States

Perry:

I'm calling "bullsh!t" on that. They'd say no to you (and to me) first!!

But, it never hurts to dream.

Mark

xenovin

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Vincent
Country
llUnited States
Before or after the `44 election for her hubby?
I believe it was later in the war so 44 or maybe even 45. I thought it was an interesting viewpoint as she was seen as a champion of the people in the press but her blue blood seems to have remained intact (from a SGT perspective). Unable to ask either of them now!

wrongway149

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I believe it was later in the war so 44 or maybe even 45. I thought it was an interesting viewpoint as she was seen as a champion of the people in the press but her blue blood seems to have remained intact (from a SGT perspective). Unable to ask either of them now!
I've read she didn't really care all that much for men to begin with.