VASL 6.4

Sully

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
If you hold your ear to the ground you will hear the ever-so-faint rumblings of VASL 6.4. It's still very much nascent, but the Ogres are dancing around the fire in the dark of night, taking long pulls from the sacred mead cup, and dreaming strange and wonderful dreams.

The current List of Stuff to Include is here: https://github.com/vasl-developers/vasl/milestone/8

As always, advocate for your pet updates.

If you'd like to help, and hot oil in the company of Real Men doesn't make your knees weak, give me a shout.

-Sully

LaFajita

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Grab Freddy, entice him into your basement, then chain him to a desk until he works his magic on Overlays 3, 4, and 5. These overlays still display splotches when they're placed over ponds and streams.

BigAl737

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
David bears a striking resemblance to Einstein.

Proff3RTR

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
David,

Is there any chance at all that the ability to change a Nations base counter colour in the preferences could be brought back?

Regards

Perry

Sully

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Unfortunately not. The color is part of the image file and each counter has its own image so would be a ton of work to change it. Hopefully something for VASSAL 4.0.
David,

Is there any chance at all that the ability to change a Nations base counter colour in the preferences could be brought back?

Regards

Perry

Proff3RTR

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Unfortunately not. The color is part of the image file and each counter has its own image so would be a ton of work to change it. Hopefully something for VASSAL 4.0.
No Worries David,

It would be nice to have that ability in 4.0 if it is not too much hassle, if it is, then so be it.

P.S many, many thanks for all the work you lot have put in, it is phenomenal.

witchbottles

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Gonna fix the underlines bleeding through a stack of counters below the first one? The workaround is okay, but it means going in an doing a bit of java editing yourself, something I'm not personally amenable with. ( I plant my feet firmly on this side of the great techno-dividing gulf of graphics vice coding. :D )

Thanks, Jon

Biondino

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I would like to see the dice roll stats reporting by game and not by VASL session.
In other words: I play few PbeM games using the same VASL session.
The VASL session restarts the star every time; rather I would like to see the stats for the game, even if spread over multiple VASL sessions.
I guess all dice roll results would be stored in the log file somehow.
This would give a good stats on the total roll for the entire game, being more representative of the "lucK' you had for that specific game.
My 2 cents and, most important, thank y'all for the great work in updating VASL.