ASLOK XXXI - October 2nd thru 9th, 2016 - Cleveland, OH

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hi ya-

Good to go for wed to sunday next week, but will need Saturday to tues night for a roomy.

Scott

ASLOK hotel: if you drive to the hotel, be aware the green Holiday Inn sign is covered by a white tarp. There is black writing on it stating "Cleveland Airport Hotel". Another landmark for you is the red "Nana's" restaurant sign just at the entrance to the hotel parking. The restaurant is closed, but the sign is still there.

Mister T

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
The cutter charges have been placed all over. It's gonna be nice footage for Cleveland local news. Pity they forgot to warn the sixth floor denizens.

sarfs

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I am trying not to get too concerned, they still have a couple days to get ready, but seems like this year the facility is going to leave a little to be desired......

Peace

Roger
As long as we are protected from the elements, I'm good.

Jacometti

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
departing in a few hours....arriving this evening to get LOS to the Debris and Rubble......

Tomorrow morning first World Cup game: Collecchio vs Dave Ginnard. Let's see if my Brazilians can samba all over his barbecue!

sdennis

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
departing in a few hours....arriving this evening to get LOS to the Debris and Rubble......

Tomorrow morning first World Cup game: Collecchio vs Dave Ginnard. Let's see if my Brazilians can samba all over his barbecue!
That should be an easy win... I beat Ginnard just by sitting down at the table... eaaaaasy pickings!

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hi-

Still looking for a roomy for Saturday, sunday, Monday and Tuesday. Will even give my BV with red barricades as payment.

Scott

Pitman

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I am trying not to get too concerned, they still have a couple days to get ready, but seems like this year the facility is going to leave a little to be desired......

Peace

Roger
I'm here now. It leaves a LOT to be desired. My blood pressure is already up and I've only been here two hours.

Jeffrey D Myers

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
As we used to say when I grew up in southern Ohio, "Cleveland is the capital of New Jersey."

(I've now offended the fine folks of both Cleveland and New Jersey. (And all ASL players at ASLOK.))

Wish I was there!

Aaron Cleavin

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
I'm here now. It leaves a LOT to be desired. My blood pressure is already up and I've only been here two hours.
Rooms are fairly nice, would hope though with the renovations they would have added a fridge to each room, certainly something I expect at 2.5* and above hotels down under.

Aaron Cleavin

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Had a fun first game with Micheal Rogers of YASL2 Initial Skirmish, he flamed a PZI B with a Frnech LMG, then immobilized (and forced abandonment of) another with the 37*. I was in big trouble!!
Then he sought (correctly) to press home the advantage) and got the two French AC got utterly diced by my PZ II's after which the French fairly rapiidly decided this wasn't their game of soldiers)
ASLOK 1-0 WorldCup 0-0.

They say Western Europeans are gentlemen of war paying to a higher moral and philosophical standard.

Pifflle!!!

GT found a Japanese 237 with a (incorrect) 6 Broken morale, and decided that a piece of water-boarding (with a multi hour soak) was required!

Attachments

Last edited:

Bret Hildebran

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Not only is Somer's open ('til 2 PM), you get 10% with your badge at Somer's now!

Last edited:

pwashington

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Rooms are fairly nice, would hope though with the renovations they would have added a fridge to each room, certainly something I expect at 2.5* and above hotels down under.
I called this week to ask a couple of questions on amenities. No fridges or microwaves in the rooms, but a microwave is available on the main floor (I think same as previously). The person I talked to confirmed that there will be a breakfast provided each day. Forgot to ask if they have wi-fi. Sounds like it will be functional, but a little on the rustic side.

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
I called this week to ask a couple of questions on amenities. No fridges or microwaves in the rooms, but a microwave is available on the main floor (I think same as previously).
So, Pitman, after all there ARE facilities where you can warm up your Coke that you bring with you to ASLOK from the store... ;)

von Marwitz

Pitman

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I called this week to ask a couple of questions on amenities. No fridges or microwaves in the rooms, but a microwave is available on the main floor (I think same as previously). The person I talked to confirmed that there will be a breakfast provided each day. Forgot to ask if they have wi-fi. Sounds like it will be functional, but a little on the rustic side.
There is wi fi. Restrooms on the 6th floor? No. You have to use a guestroom bathroom one floor down. And it has no soap and no paper towels.

"Rustic" is not how I would describe it.

Jacometti

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
First two World Cup games played, with very different experiences.

First game was Collecchio vs Dave Ginnard: my Brazilians samba'd and his Germans were thinking about getting home to their Frauleins in one piece, which many of them did (as prisoners). Good game, good opponent.

Second game was BFP Used and Abused vs Kevin Killeen. I got the Americans, who are 3-12 outnumbered on ROAR. After a complete slaughterfest, there were about no Japanese left. We both had no idea HOW the Japanese could have racked up 12 wins.

Tomorrow, my valiant Germans will aim their Wunderwaffe at Rob Loper's Russian hordes.