ASLOK XXXI - October 2nd thru 9th, 2016 - Cleveland, OH

Steven Pleva

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I plan to have some HIP thingies at ASLOK. Someone asked about getting one on GS and I can't find that post (search failure). If you are looking for one LMK...
Thanks,
Steve

Aaron Cleavin

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
I leave for ASLOK from home in 81 Hours, can't wait!

Hennie probably leaves about 16 hours before me , but the record this year has to go to Neil Macpherson.
He left from Sydney just over a week ago and after landing on the West Coast is doing a train recon across the continent
to get to ASLOK in about a weeks time, true devotion to the cause!

It is Neil's first trip to ASLOK and I can recommend him to anyone as an absolute joy to play a game with

Ray Woloszyn

"Fire and Movement"
Reaction score
First name
Ray
Country
llUnited States
I leave for ASLOK from home in 81 Hours, can't wait!

Hennie probably leaves about 16 hours before me , but the record this year has to go to Neil Macpherson.
He left from Sydney just over a week ago and after landing on the West Coast is doing a train recon across the continent
to get to ASLOK in about a weeks time, true devotion to the cause!
A train trip across the USA! It will be interesting to hear his tales. I do not think he has to worry about Soviet partisans but I'd be wary of drunks or heads trying to cross the tracks in front of the train.

pwashington

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I plan to have some HIP thingies at ASLOK. Someone asked about getting one on GS and I can't find that post (search failure). If you are looking for one LMK...
Thanks,
Steve
Steve,
That was my post. I'm looking to pick another one up. Will be there W-F.

Thanks,
Paul

DrDeath

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Anyone looking to split a room? I have a room booked through Tuesday night and tried to extend it for the rest of the week, but the hotel says they are booked up. Anyone got an extra bed from Wednesday on?

Thanks,
Dave Reenstra
Joe S and I have a room from Wed-Sun and I don't think we would mind a cot for a third if you need space- let me know
DD-

Steven Pleva

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Joe S and I have a room from Wed-Sun and I don't think we would mind a cot for a third if you need space- let me know
DD-
The hotel told me there are no cots. You might want to call them and see if you get a different answer...
Steve

DrDeath

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The hotel told me there are no cots. You might want to call them and see if you get a different answer...
Steve
Ah, he's an Airborne guy and said he didn't mind a bag on the floor so we may actually have a bed- As Joe Pesci said- "The dollars, always the dollars." Let me know if you don't have any space Dave- and thanx Steve

Michael R

Minor Hero
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
EARLY HOTEL RECON: I am at the hotel now for some sightseeing before ASLOK. The main entrance is not useable. There is a temporary registration desk set up inside the side entrance that has the elevators. This area looks very much under renovation. Where I am on the second floor looks better. I'm in a renovated room; still has the old noisy heater/cooler unit.

VuduJoie

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hey folks,

I'm new to Game Squad and ASL. I've been playing since the beginning of the year - began with the Starter Kits and now into the full and beautiful ASL experience. I'm thinking of just jumping into the cauldron and coming to ASLOK for a few days next week, perhaps Tuesday to Friday. I'll be drivin' from Bal'more, hun. If anyone has some available floor space and want to defray some hotel costs, I'd love to join in the fun.

Thanks,
Andy

Aaron Cleavin

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Hey folks,

I'm new to Game Squad and ASL. I've been playing since the beginning of the year - began with the Starter Kits and now into the full and beautiful ASL experience. I'm thinking of just jumping into the cauldron and coming to ASLOK for a few days next week, perhaps Tuesday to Friday. I'll be drivin' from Bal'more, hun. If anyone has some available floor space and want to defray some hotel costs, I'd love to join in the fun.

Thanks,
Andy
Just Do it!
May have some floor space but have to check with roommate who I am out of contact with until I get there

Aaron Cleavin

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
EARLY HOTEL RECON: I am at the hotel now for some sightseeing before ASLOK. The main entrance is not useable. There is a temporary registration desk set up inside the side entrance that has the elevators. This area looks very much under renovation. Where I am on the second floor looks better. I'm in a renovated room; still has the old noisy heater/cooler unit.
So do we have to brush up on Scaling rules to access ASL Valhalla?

Jacometti

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Michael: we need a full report on the state of the Ballroom. Everything else is secondary. Get there, even at risk of arrest.

rdw5150

it's just a game
Reaction score
First name
Roger
Country
llUnited States
Thanks! Growing a little concerned at the situation. But in the end as long as I have a bed, a shower and a toilet to go with a week of gaming, I am OK.

Peace

Roger

rdw5150

it's just a game
Reaction score
First name
Roger
Country
llUnited States
Michael: we need a full report on the state of the Ballroom. Everything else is secondary. Get there, even at risk of arrest.
also agreed this is the most important part of the affair.

Peace

Roger

Ray Woloszyn

"Fire and Movement"
Reaction score
First name
Ray
Country
llUnited States
I trust the renovation work isn't being performed by the same jacklegs that renovated our previous ASLOK haunt. If you see a big hole in the lowest floor be very afraid.

wrongway149

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Just had lunch with Bret, he says the Hotel restaurant will not be ready, but sandwich service and free "continental +" breakfast in the game area will be available.

Also, the hotel has made a deal with Somer's restaurant for 10% off if you show your room key. :nod:

So like ASL, there are 'trade-offs ' depending upon the situation.:rolleyes:

NOTICE TO SMOKERS: The 'Burning wreck" room is now a Burnt-out wreck. No smoking in the hotel anywhere inside. :(

DrDeath

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Just had lunch with Bret, he says the Hotel restaurant will not be ready, but sandwich service and free "continental +" breakfast in the game area will be available.
Gentlemen- My roomie had to bail so I have a half a room available from Wed to Sun- give me a holler if you are interested
Brian-

Ganjulama

Tuco B.P.J. Maria Ramirez
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
NOTICE TO SMOKERS: The 'Burning wreck" room is now a Burnt-out wreck. No smoking in the hotel anywhere inside. :(
Ohio just dropped from the ranks of the civilized states. Odd that it took them this long....North Carolina banned indoor smoking almost 10 years ago.