Female ASL players

mharviala

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I can't think of a single show, outside of The History Channel (and that must be taken with a large grain of salt), that remotely comes come close to history.
What do the Pawn Stars have to do with this thread? Or Ice Road Truckers? Lets face it, cheezy reality TV trumps history.

daniel zucker

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Daniel,
If you come in early, the bordeaux will be flowing at the picnic the first Sunday....along with some incredible eats....

David
How early is early? I'm planning on being there Sunday just don't know when

daniel

davegin

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Daniel,
The picnic traditionally starts around 6PM on the first sunday and goes til whenever everyone has had their fill of food, booze, and BS. However, everyone is welcome anytime after 2 PM. The 6PM start is only so players can get in one or two scenarios before the picnic. Flyers are always posted at the hotel and the picnic is only 15 minutes away down the interstate. Bret's son usually gets the campfire going around dusk. So even a late arrival on Sunday can make it in plenty of time. Hope to see you there. I'll keep a bottle of Bordeaux handy although I'll be drinking Scotch and Skane!!!!

Darryl,
I'll have to take a closer look at those rear AFV mgs in the armory.......

Pitman

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I knew ASL players didn't know enough about women to fill 11 pages of a thread.

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
Originally Posted by davegin
I have a nice 12 year old Chateau Magriette ready upon your arrival...most of my wine is from Bourdeaux.
Thanks Dave but save it for someone who can appreciate it. I'm quite satisfied with a cheap, and I mean < $5.00, California red. Thanks though!

Dave I appreciate Bourdeaux, and I'll be at ASLOK. :D :drink:

daniel
Anyway, Bourdeaux is not known for its wine, if it even exists.
Bordeaux is, however.
But there are very different qualities of Bordeaux wine.
I am fine starting with cru bourgeois quality, with a preference for St-Emilion.
I have some premier grand cru classé at my place (they must be worth hundreds if dollars each bottle), past twenty years old.
So if you drop at my place in Switzerland, I will be happy to share a drink with you.

ActionBurk

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I knew ASL players didn't know enough about women to fill 11 pages of a thread.
The greatest scholar on Terra could write 11 volumes and still not know jack about women. And he probably goes home at night to the same crap as everyone else.
Women, can't live with them, can't have heterosexual sex without them. Bananas are only 59 cents a pound though.

Proff3RTR

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
The greatest scholar on Terra could write 11 volumes and still not know jack about women. And he probably goes home at night to the same crap as everyone else.
Women, can't live with them, can't have heterosexual sex without them. Bananas are only 59 cents a pound though.
My old man once said to me, 'boy, you can live to be a million years old, and think you have your woman worked out, then she will do something so bat **** crazy it will try your brain, and she will do it just to F@£k with your brain. Accept it and deal with it, in the end she will win', I now know that they love doing that to us, just when you think you have them worked out, BOOM! They hit you a curve ball, makes for an interesting life.

ActionBurk

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
My old man once said to me, 'boy, you can live to be a million years old, and think you have your woman worked out, then she will do something so bat **** crazy it will try your brain, and she will do it just to F@£k with your brain. Accept it and deal with it, in the end she will win', I now know that they love doing that to us, just when you think you have them worked out, BOOM! They hit you a curve ball, makes for an interesting life.
Perry, 40 years on the only reason I have any hair left is to have something to pull out. Love the f@ck out of her though. Weird stuff, even more bizarre than ASL.

Jeffhew

"Aut Vincere Aut Mori"
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
If 30 years of marriage has taught me anything, it's that you don't need to figure out all women. You just need to figure out the one you go home to every night. The rest couldn't matter less. :D

Jeff

Proff3RTR

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
If 30 years of marriage has taught me anything, it's that you don't need to figure out all women. You just need to figure out the one you go home to every night. The rest couldn't matter less. :D

Jeff
Pretty much sums it up brother, stand by for a **** storm tomorrow night, my boys have got their dander up an is ready for a fight!:p (being good ole southern boys and all).

witchbottles

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

Jeff
[video=youtube;4Ju1gSDAIWA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Ju1gSDAIWA[/video]

GJK

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Played with my girl this once and wrote an AAR for it. It's basically ASLSK with a "West Side Story" theme wrapped around it. We actually had a few laughs but we've never played it again:

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1312523/are-you-cool-dancing-devil-aar

So it wasn't the "war theme" that turns her off with ASL, she just didn't like how the game plays I suppose.

We have played Up Front a few times and she seems to enjoy that the most; probably because it's a card game.

I took Dorosh's page 1 theory about why women don't play ASL (same reason men don't shop for shoes all day long) and I applied it to my girl. She doesn't spend all day shopping for shoes either. I pointed this out to her and suggested that then perhaps she'd like ASL. "Nah" was the reply. Oh well.