Hans Mielants SASL site.

JeffH812

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Curious if anyone knows what might have happened with Hans' site,..
http://www.mielants.com/Simulation/ASL.html

...or if any of the content was archived somewhere? There was a lot of good stuff on his site and it's been around pretty much forever so I never worried too much about not archiving the Missions and CG's. I do have three of the historical CG's, but I'm missing Band of Brothers if anyone happens to have that, or any of the missions archived in their collection of SASL stuff.

Thanks,
Jeff

EDIT: I just found Band of Brothers in another folder so I'm good to go there, but if anyone has any of the Missions, that'd be great.

Last edited:

Jeffhew

"Aut Vincere Aut Mori"
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

veron

Reaction score
Country
llFinland
Ahhh, okay. Too bad. The silly thing is, I was going through that site maybe a month or two ago and I was actually then thinking to myself if I should save them all locally, just in case... but in the end didn't :(

thedrake

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Better save whatever you can from that page that interests you.
I played the band of Brothers CG twice and Moskva CG once and really enjoyed both of those.

Jeffhew

"Aut Vincere Aut Mori"
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Ahhh, okay. Too bad. The silly thing is, I was going through that site maybe a month or two ago and I was actually then thinking to myself if I should save them all locally, just in case... but in the end didn't :(
Yeah, I wish I'd saved the missions now, too. Like I said though, the site's been around for a long time so I didn't really worry about it. It was kind of a SASL institution. Hopefully, someone will talk to someone else and someone else to figure a way to save the content. It's a big loss, if not.

Jeff

Jeffhew

"Aut Vincere Aut Mori"
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I played the band of Brothers CG twice and Moskva CG once and really enjoyed both of those.
Well, I managed to save Band of Brothers, Jumping Cats, Barbarossa and White Mammoths, but that's it. Moskova was one of the dead links, unfortunately.

Jeff

Jeffhew

"Aut Vincere Aut Mori"
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Incidentally, Mark, I haven't played BoB yet and I was a bit perplexed by this line in the mission 1 synopsis:

"Mission End : To determine Mission length divide by four (FRU)."
Exactly what is one to divide by four? Did I miss something (wouldn't be a shock :) )?

Jeff

Last edited:

bkemp01

Reaction score
First name
Brian
Country
llUnited States
Well, I managed to save Band of Brothers, Jumping Cats, Barbarossa and White Mammoths, but that's it. Moskova was one of the dead links, unfortunately.

Jeff
I have Moskva, PM me with your email and I'll send it.

sneo

Singapore ASL'er
Reaction score
Country
llSingapore
Darn it. Did anyone save the Tank SASL or Recon SASL pages?

Jeffhew

"Aut Vincere Aut Mori"
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Darn it. Did anyone save the Tank SASL or Recon SASL pages?
Well I know that I didn't, but keep checking back. Hopefully, as more folks see this thread, we can get a list of what people have archived and pass it around. Since it was all freely available anyway, I don't see where that would be a problem.

Regards,
Jeff

thedrake

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I can check on my backup disks to see what I have---wont be til Monday though so please remind me.

pcfrederick

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I too missed out on the content of Hans' page. I always assumed it'd be there. Wonder if someone who has it all could save the files somewhere like here as a sticky entry, or on BGG or CSW?

bkemp01

Reaction score
First name
Brian
Country
llUnited States
I too missed out on the content of Hans' page. I always assumed it'd be there. Wonder if someone who has it all could save the files somewhere like here as a sticky entry, or on BGG or CSW?
Does anyone know how to contact Hans? I don't mind sharing what I have to individuals upon request but I wouldn't want to post his work in public without his permission.