GRENADIER´16 ASL Tournament, Germany, 02.11.16-06.11.16

M.Koch

Grenadier TD
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Just want to announce the date for GRENADIER´16.

It will run from Wednesday 02. November ´till Sunday 06. November. Location is the Nationalpark-Gästehaus in Hergarten.

Following our Scandinavian ASL-comrades, i will extend GRENADIER for a whole day !
That means that players may arrive on Wednesday around noon. The Thursday is free for friendly gaming or paticipation in one of four different 4-player mini-tournamnets.
The five round main tournament starts on Friday morning and ends on Sunday around 1400.

Details will follow !

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Ah! That is good news!

What about the GRENADIER 2016 Scenario List?
I am currently in the mood of making VASL setups, which might come in handy for Grenadier's attendees.

All the best,
von Marwitz

MajorDomo

DM? Chuck H2O in his face
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Ah! That is good news!

What about the GRENADIER 2016 Scenario List?
I am currently in the mood of making VASL setups, which might come in handy for Grenadier's attendees.

All the best,
von Marwitz

With the great influx of people into Europe without jobs, you shouldn't need to do your own VASL setups.

We, in the states, outsourced our VASL setups a while ago.

Rich

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
With the great influx of people into Europe without jobs, you shouldn't need to do your own VASL setups.

We, in the states, outsourced our VASL setups a while ago.

Rich
The people swarming Europe currently overwhelmingly lack education that is even remotely approaching our standards. Estimates go that it takes around 7 years before they get the first (bad) jobs and 15 years before 60% of them manage to get a job (and you may well wonder how many good jobs among them). Probably, you will have long deceased before being able to call on that "rescource" for VASL setups. But donations for their upkeep are welcome. :hush:

As you outsourced VASL setup production, you US guys might want to come up with an other ingenious DRM model for them, that is a PITA to use, helps to create monopolies, charges a lot for stuff that costs nothing, and requires one to purchase expensive new hardware/software every other year which is full of security breaches and so hungry for data that it is even not omitting to beam home the temperature of one's **** among other things. :laugh:

von Marwitz

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
i understand you are ASL-hungry but you should have gone to Copenhagen. One event per year is unlikely to satisfy your needs, as far as i can see.
You are right. However, I have to control cost. I prefer to spend my money on more ASL products (yes, I know, I won't be ever able to play all that I own in this life) rather than on long range travel and hotel accomodation.

So with Arnhem gone, it will be Grenadier only, which is not too far off. And VASL of course...

von Marwitz

Mister T

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
You are right. However, I have to control cost. I prefer to spend my money on more ASL products (yes, I know, I won't be ever able to play all that I own in this life) rather than on long range travel and hotel accomodation.
So with Arnhem gone, it will be Grenadier only, which is not too far off. And VASL of course...
von Marwitz
I agree that accomodation costs might be considered steep, but less so if one is ready to share a room. Travel is not that expensive if tickets are bought in advance at least from my place. After all Germany and Denmark share a common border.

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
but you still avoid year after year your expected duty in VASLeague. it's free!
:)
I have thought more than once about participating. So far I have not done so because this frees me from any time schedule to adhere to. Sometimes, I play plenty of games in short order. Other times throughout the year, I have other things to focus on, so I might not be able to keep the schedule. As that would not be fair to opponents nor good for the tournament, I did not sign up.

von Marwitz

JoeArthur

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Michael - I clicked on your link and get "site is under maintenance". I was thinking of going to Grenadier - how do I get the details please?

Many thanks

Joe

M.Koch

Grenadier TD
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Site will be back online tomorrow !
I´m currently updating the Scenario list for the main tournament...

regards
Michael

Sparafucil3

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States
Site will be back online tomorrow !
I´m currently updating the Scenario list for the main tournament...

regards
Michael
Maybe next year. Always wanted to do both Grenadier and Arnhem. Sadly, I waited too long for Arnhem (unless Hennie can be bought and made to do another) :) -- jim

M.Koch

Grenadier TD
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Always welcome, Jim.
Maybe we can bribe Hennie :pIMP:

GRENADIER HP is updated and online again.

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
In the following posts, I will provide an overview of the scenarios with screenshots of VASL v6.3.3 files sorted per tournament round or mini round for the convenience of the attendants. These screenshots can also be found on the ASL Scenario Archive website (http://www.aslscenarioarchive.com/).

The setups as shown should include all errata and have been made to the best of my diligence but of course I cannot guarantee that they are absolutely free of mistakes. Nevertheless, this overview should serve as a help to select the scenarios that attendants want to play.

von Marwitz

Last edited: