LFT Q&A

Alan Hume

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
I would suggest using either the German 2-6(f) that came in PB (I think it was PB) or use a Hungarian 2-7. While having a good cyclic rate, up there with the MG 34 or MG 42, it used 75 round saddle drum magazines rather than a belt. As far as I know (so don't quote me on that) the barrel could not be changed quickly. Overall I feel that it was not as capable of sustained fire as the MG 34/42, closer to a DP-28 or Lewis, so I rate the FP as 2. It's high cyclic rate for short bursts means I judge it having a bit more 'reach', so I would be more inclined to a range of 7 rather than 6. The B11 for both is another matter. LW troops would have been above average in technical ability but at least for the first year were regarded as poor and skittish, so fumbling might be a

Overall a Hungarian 2-7 would be best, you can always SSR the B# to be B12, depending upon how you read an action.

The whole FP and range for MGs is so arbitrary and fuzzy that the best I can do is give a personal judgement rather than the more solid values I could give for an AFV.

thanks, I can't afford a copy of Poland In Flames so I guess I'll have to roll with the 2-7 should I come across a scenario with it in it
not sure what PB is though? Never heard of anything that could be shortened to PB or am I just showing my ignorance?

Alan Hume

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
More a question of can you really afford not to. In time when you have a bit more dosh to spare, of course.
I know, I know, but at least I got a copy of High Ground recently
I need to save up for a whole ton of things, including some holidays so my ASL budget is kind of slim
right now (got a copy of the new YANKS bought and paid for at least though)

Paul M. Weir

Forum Guru
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llIreland
Pegasus Bridge...?
ah got you, that's probably it
Yes, that's it and I just checked and the 2-6(f) LMG indeed are in Pegasus Bridge. They were mainly there for MG that are scrounged from French built stuff in German usage. Sorry for not spelling it out, I'm afraid I got too used to ASL acronyms and assume everybody else has.

It's a relief that my top of the head estimate of a 2-7 agrees with BFP's opinion.

While the MG 15, MG 17 and MG 30 share common design and parentage, the new BFP counter would also be spot on for the many Czech ZB-26 and ZB-30 that the Germans used in large numbers. The SS got large numbers of them as the Heer was reluctant to hand over MG-34 due to both political and supply reasons in '39-'40. By '41 the premier SS divisions were getting the MG-34 in good numbers but many of the later SS divisions and army lower grade units still used the ZB-26/30 series. Many other armies like the Chinese NRA and the various Axis Minor armies used ZB-26/30, a very popular and reliable weapon. The ZB-26 led to the ZB-30 which in turn was rechambered for .303" becoming the Bren (ZGB-33).

So until funds are there, a Hungarian 2-7 but SSRed to B12 will have to do.

Alan Hume

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
... and we should have PiF in stock for a while, so no worries, BFP will be here when you need us :-D
Thanks guys, still pretty doubtful to be honest if I'll ever get it though
cos I'm pretty skint and can't see any windfalls coming my way

and I got vet bills to pay for too, darn cat costs me a fortune

such is life:)

Xavier 658

LFT Magazine Editor
Reaction score
First name
Xavier
Country
llSpain
All the PiF modules that Rick and Sam sent us eventually made it to France, and have been delivered to Lionel this afternoon!!!! :)

Thus far, only 1 parcel had made it but now we have the whole stuff :)

Best,

X

Sidewynnder

Reaction score
Is the magazine printed in English now? I have been looking for other ASL magazines outside of Journals. This one seems like a nice one, but my French is not anywhere near what it was in high school/college and I definitely could not read a French language magazine now. Perhaps I should try re-learning the language and truly understanding it this time around! :D

Justiciar

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Is the magazine printed in English now? I have been looking for other ASL magazines outside of Journals. This one seems like a nice one, but my French is not anywhere near what it was in high school/college and I definitely could not read a French language magazine now. Perhaps I should try re-learning the language and truly understanding it this time around! :D
From vol. 10 (I think this was the first English one) onwards...

benj

Reaction score
Country
llFrance
That sucks. Mine were perfectly aligned. Perhaps you can ask assistance to Lionel or X, but he is quite busy at this time.

olli

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Contact Xavier I’m sure you will get a new sheer sent out!

Gordon

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Sure, I was planning on waiting until his situation stabilized and I wanted to warn others to examine their counters carefully just because it is easy to miss.