VASL Deluxe League Inaugural Tourney 2015-2016 16 Players Wanted Inquire within

Carln0130

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Gentlemen,
We are looking to get 16 players for the VASL Deluxe or DASL League for its inaugural year run. It is modeled on the night and desert leagues we ran last year that were a great success. The league is VASL live, no PBEM. Random.org is the bot default and there are four rounds to determine the winner. Each is three months long, except for round one, which will be four months long as it starts during the holidays. Schedule is below:

November 1st 2015-March 1st 2016 Round One
March 1st 2016-June 1st 2016 Round Two
June 1st 2016-September 1st 2016 Round Three
September 1st -November 30th Round Four, final round

Scenario choice is between players, players decide mutually on the scenario to be played. Players then decide between themselves which sides they want to play. If both players prefer the same side, roll a competitive DR for it. High DR gets the side they preferred, loser gets the other side with the printed balance on the card.
All scenarios need to be finished by the end of the round. If players are having difficulty moving their game along, I will ask for clarification as to what is causing the difficulty and speed the game along as best I can. Adjudications will be handed out by me as needed if the game cannot be finished in time. If interested in signing up, please IM here at GS. Please provide your email and Skype handle, as the games will be by voice on Skype. If some other voice system is mutually agreed upon by the players, that is fine too, however I frequently use Skype as a means of contacting the players.
I hope to hear from you soon. Again, 11/1 is the kickoff date for the first round.
Prizes last year were supplied by LFT for the night and desert leagues. I hope to inquire of them again this year.
Thanks guys,
Carl

Carln0130

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I've had several email responses from last years participants in the night and desert tournies, but there is room for plenty more. IM on GS if interested.

Reactions: ecz

ecz

Partisan Captain
Reaction score
Country
llItaly
great idea,
thank you for organizing this.

is there a place where one can find a complete list of DASL scenarios?

hongkongwargamer

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Folks - Carl's having issues logging in. If you PM'd him in the last 12 hours (from this post). Please PM me instead and I will relay.

Warm regards, Jack

Carln0130

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Gentlemen, I am once again able to log into Gamesquad. As the league is still filling, we will hold open all entrants until the weekend. I will send out the matchups/league rules Saturday night early Sunday morning. Once again, we do still have room at the inn. If you have friends who were on the fence, there is still time to get in.
Jackson, thanks for your help while I was unable to get into Gamesquad. Invaluable.

Alessandro D.

Blind Sniper
Reaction score
Country
llItaly
Hello Carl,

thanks for the update, given that I'm slowing get back into ASL I need to refresh all my rules knowledge, as for the other leagues I can play from mid December onwards.

Carln0130

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Alright folks, last call. After tonight, I make the matchups.

Carln0130

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The League is underway. Matchups sent. Enjoy gentlemen and please notify me once you have scenarios selected and sides picked.

ASL1

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hi Carl

Will and I have chosen 2005 ASLOK XX #8 "Counterstroke At Carentan.
Will will be defending with the US 506th Para inf Reg against elements of my 17th SS PzGrenadier Division.

Cheers!
Pierce

ASL1

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Evening ya'll

Pierce Mason defeated Will Willow in a tight fisted slug fest of ASLOK XX "Counterstroke At Carentan." Took the entire game for me to get the required EVP off the map. :bite:

It rained the entire scenario and Will and I were very fond of rolling 9's and 10's for MC's and TH DR's. I had two sniper attacks (1) that effectively silenced
two American stacks with leaders before they could have an impact on the battle. Furthermore, a great scenario to learn/brush up on Bocage rules.

With the rain and high DR's, the game came down to which one of us could get our units in the right place at the right time.:nervous:

Will is a great opponent. He will certainly test your abilities. Thanks Will for a great and memorable contest.:toast::vsign:

Peace out ya'll!:headbang:

Pierce:nuts:

Carln0130

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Kevin and I will be playing J158, It Don't Come Easy. Myself as the Germans and Kevin as the boys from Easy Co.

Mark Humphries

Reaction score
Country
llPhilippines
Hi Carl,

In DASL7 With Flame and Shell, Mark Humphries (German attacker) won vs Ken Dunn (Russian).
I was greatly aided by Ken's terrible rolling. Ken was a true gentleman, he provided play tips and didn't whine once about his terrible rolls.

Carln0130

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hi Carl,

In DASL7 With Flame and Shell, Mark Humphries (German attacker) won vs Ken Dunn (Russian).
I was greatly aided by Ken's terrible rolling. Ken was a true gentleman, he provided play tips and didn't whine once about his terrible rolls.
Thanks Mark. You guys really moved it out. That one is beefy. Nice to see people playing the larger scenarios and taking advantage of the round length to that end. Placed on ROAR and posted in our results.

Alessandro D.

Blind Sniper
Reaction score
Country
llItaly
Martin Vicca and I will be playing FT199 Playing Uno, I will be the British defender.

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Hi guys,
tonight Alessandro's doughty British dealt my craven Japanese a mighty blow and defeated me in a great game of FT 199 Playing Uno.

Of course, I'm blaming my dice since it couldn't possibly be the fact I split my forces into three and gifted him the ability to use the entirety of his defenders, oh no.

A really fun game which saw us both shouting at the dice (was that your SAN Alessandro? Maybe he'll go off this time! No? what a shame! My sniper you say? He willnot do anything of course, except shatter a crucial part of your defence!)
Good fun and a great opponent.

(But I'm still claiming it was my dice!)

Carln0130

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hi guys,
tonight Alessandro's doughty British dealt my craven Japanese a mighty blow and defeated me in a great game of FT 199 Playing Uno.

Of course, I'm blaming my dice since it couldn't possibly be the fact I split my forces into three and gifted him the ability to use the entirety of his defenders, oh no.

A really fun game which saw us both shouting at the dice (was that your SAN Alessandro? Maybe he'll go off this time! No? what a shame! My sniper you say? He willnot do anything of course, except shatter a crucial part of your defence!)

Thanks Martin, I'll post it up and throw it on ROAR.

Alessandro D.

Blind Sniper
Reaction score
Country
llItaly
Hi guys,

Yes I think you are pretty good rolling for random selection, almost always you have been so kind to select more units at once :laugh:

A scenario with Japaneses is always fun, sometime they go forwards steam rolling everything and sometime they vanish in few turns, in this game both situations happened but the low Japanese ELR really helped me a lot, not enough squads were still intact for the Exit points required.
Very nice game, we played it rather fast and in a single session all was end. Martin thanks for the game, it was a pleasure :)

ecz

Partisan Captain
Reaction score
Country
llItaly
Chris Hofland and me are playing Berserk! Me as Russian. The Germans are incredibly tough and sharp, 5,33 and 5,37 (!) as DR average for IFT and MC for that side after the first session, but Russians are still up. The German 8-0 is still in good order and does not show signs of madness! We wait him...

Carln0130

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Chris Hofland and me are playing Berserk! Me as Russian. The Germans are incredibly tough and sharp, 5,33 and 5,37 (!) as DR average for IFT and MC for that side after the first session, but Russians are still up. The German 8-0 is still in good order and does not show signs of madness! We wait him...
No lack of action in that one Enrico. Been a hounds age since I have tried it. Enjoy. Those Germans will discover the meaning of bell curve I'm sure.