bprobst

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Bruce
Country
llAustralia
Re: Additional BFP 3 Q&A

The Indonesian forces that fought against the returning Dutch, see BFP 71 "Surabaya Slugfest" and 72 "Police Action", which use Axis Minor coloured counters. The Indonesian forces have their own BFP chapter H section.
Yes, explicitly for their 1945 independence struggles. It makes some sense that the old Dutch vehicles would be somewhat worn out by that time. It makes no sense at all for this scenario. I have to assume it's a BFP glitch.

sunoftzu

Reaction score
Country
llTaiwan

Hi,

I know this is an Errata Sticky thread, but I'd just like a clarification for BFP-027 ("Chapei Chockblock").

"SBR 2 Banzai is NA. Dare Death is NA".

Firstly, can THH still conduct a Banzai Charge (when created during friendly MPh) ? Or can THH only be created in APh/CCRF situations ?

Secondly, can Chinese still use HW ? For that matter, can the Japanese use HW (if they form up within the restrictions of HW, as opposed to the much less restricted requirements of Banzai) ?

Cheers,

John Knowles.

bprobst

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Bruce
Country
llAustralia

I know this is an Errata Sticky thread, but I'd just like a clarification for BFP-027 ("Chapei Chockblock").

"SBR 2 Banzai is NA. Dare Death is NA".

Firstly, can THH still conduct a Banzai Charge (when created during friendly MPh) ? Or can THH only be created in APh/CCRF situations ?

Secondly, can Chinese still use HW ? For that matter, can the Japanese use HW (if they form up within the restrictions of HW, as opposed to the much less restricted requirements of Banzai) ?
Answers not official, just my opinions:

The SSR doesn't say anything about Chinese HW, so they are not modified or restricted in any way.

Japanese never use "regular" HW; they only Banzai. Or in this specific case, not.

sunoftzu

Reaction score
Country
llTaiwan

Answers not official, just my opinions:

The SSR doesn't say anything about Chinese HW, so they are not modified or restricted in any way.

Japanese never use "regular" HW; they only Banzai. Or in this specific case, not.
Bruce,

Your 'opinions' pretty much match mine......

John.

rreinesch

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

Bruce,

Your 'opinions' pretty much match mine......

John.
We have a Q&A regarding your first question in the file placed in post #115 of this thread. As to your second question, there is nothing that precludes the Chinese from using a HW, as Bruce has noted.

bprobst

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Bruce
Country
llAustralia

Hi guys, just noticed: the B&J errata file found here (in post 115) is different (newer) to the errata file that can be downloaded from the BFP web site. Not a good idea to have multiple versions of the file floating about ....

volgaG68

Fighting WWII One DR At A Time
Reaction score
First name
Chris
Country
llUnited States

INRE: BFP-28 Marco Polo Bridge

Building 22U6, like building 22K6, exists with one hex inside the perimeter and one hex outside of it. Are the VC parameters regarding building 22K6 (apparently due to its being half in and half out of the perimeter) also applicable to building 22U6?

Thanks.

Will Fleming

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Should the back of the Type 98 MCT be a 'yellow' unarmed vehicle instead of a wreck? The British vehicle note that it refers to has a back side to the counter without the AA Gun (when it is unloaded).

i.e. I assume it becomes a truck with an inherent driver after the crew unloads and then unloads the AA gun.

rreinesch

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Should the back of the Type 98 MCT be a 'yellow' unarmed vehicle instead of a wreck? The British vehicle note that it refers to has a back side to the counter without the AA Gun (when it is unloaded).

i.e. I assume it becomes a truck with an inherent driver after the crew unloads and then unloads the AA gun.
Will, we had a chance to look over our notes on this and you are correct, the back of that really should be an unarmed vehicle. We'll note errata on it, but will probably try to print an updated counter for it in the next pack that we do counters in (probably Objective:Schmidt).

Rick

View attachment 53626
View attachment 53627
View attachment 53624
View attachment 53625

Last edited:

Will Fleming

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Yay! That will be my personal 'unofficial' ASL counter then. Sure to play Geki Cacti a few more times with it. :ar15:

Sadly, it seems to end the game as a blazing wreck all the time, kind of like my hopes of getting back to ASLOK....

pwashington

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Guys,
The BFP3 sticky errata (both files) on the BFP webiste appear to have a rendering issue. Lines are squeezed together and in some cases overprint each other when the print view is brought up. Not sure if there was a sizing issue when the file was originally saved. Thanks.

volgaG68

Fighting WWII One DR At A Time
Reaction score
First name
Chris
Country
llUnited States
Re: BFP 3 Errata

One thing I noticed while playing on the DW maps: DW-1b, hex Z11 has no center dot. We just eyeballed it (the LOS was clear, we were just checking because you can), but it might come into play if the LOS were tighter somewhere. I just thought BFP would like to know in case you ever reprint the boards (perhaps in a set of all BFP maps).
Don't know if this has been mentioned before..... Playing BFP-114 "Engineering Defeat" recently and noticed that hex Z1 on DW-1a is also missing the hex-center dot. As stated above, no huge deal. Only one LOS had to be strung the entire game and, you guessed it, it was from that hex. Even with a little wiggle room it was obvious the LOS was clear.

It would be cool to have a similar hex-sticky for it like Z11 on the other side.

rreinesch

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

rreinesch

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Re: BFP 3 Errata

Don't know if this has been mentioned before..... Playing BFP-114 "Engineering Defeat" recently and noticed that hex Z1 on DW-1a is also missing the hex-center dot. As stated above, no huge deal. Only one LOS had to be strung the entire game and, you guessed it, it was from that hex. Even with a little wiggle room it was obvious the LOS was clear.

It would be cool to have a similar hex-sticky for it like Z11 on the other side.
Fix for the DW-1 Z1 missing hex dot generated. You can find it in the errata posted on the BFP website.

http://boundingfire.com/support.html

Rick

rreinesch

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The Options for BFP-67 and BFP-68 need to be reversed. The Blood & Jungle errata files out in the Support area of our website have been updated.

rreinesch

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
In the B&J Chapter H, US Vehicle Note 5. Please remove the reference in both the note and associated listing to US Multi-applicable vehicle note 'Q'.

asloser

The Head Tuomo of the Finnish ASL Community
Reaction score
Country
llFinland
Not errata as such, but I am trying to figure out Dutch KNIL vehicle note 4 Kanonenvagen Armored car. Since the MA cannot fire at anything at same or lower level in VCA you have to turn the turret so you can fire freely at same or lower level and the gun would be useful. On the other hand it is stated that the CMG cannot fire outside of the VCA and it refers to the APC version of B&J vehicle note 2 which has CMG restricted to VCA but no turret.

I do not understand how the CMG works - is it in effect a BMG which can be fired when HD regardless of the TCA of the vehicle as it would work with the APC.

Or if I change the TCA outside the VCA for the gun to be useful it means I cannot fire the CMG as it is not aligned to the VCA and cannot be fired? In effect forcing me to choose between the MG and the MA gun.

Any thoughts?

Chas

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
It is not linked to the gun. Same vehicle and configuration as Note 2, but with the 37mm Gun added and no AAMG.
In Note 2 the MG is the MA with ROF 1. In Note 4 the 37mm is the MA and the MG becomes a forward firing MG, still in CMG upper structure position.