A complete list of the links to Philippe's Napoleonic mods

phineaskemp

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
ll
Thanks for the mod, I got question regarding your Austerlitz mod I downloaded it and the 3d unit icons seem really small? what screen resolution do you use or is there way to make the unit icons bigger?

Reaction score
Country
llFrance
What screen resolution are you trying to look at it in, and are you zoomed in or zoomed out?

The figures look fine on 1920x1080, but were constructed on a lower resolution (magnified 800%).

The figures are small in order to show a large number of men per unit. If I were considering redoing it (which I'm not) I would make them even smaller. I hate the excessively large size of the plain vanilla figures that came with the game.

Please note that the 3-D figures in the pre-Leipzig games are modified legacy Ezjax.

zu Pferd

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Thank You Philippe_at_bay, for the great looking mods.
I've updated and revamped Wagram Campaign with its own desktop icon.
The artwork is impressive it looks a lot like my Napoleonic 6mm collection !

Best Regards

zu

Waterlogged

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Thanks very much Philippe for the wonderful Napoleonic mods. I don`t mean to presume but do you think a BPW might happen some day ?

Regards
Waterlogged

Reaction score
Country
llFrance
The BPW mod is partially constructed but hit a technical snag whose resolution depends on what happens in the next patch. I'm not working on it at the moment, but I'll take another look when the patch comes out. I'd like to think there will be a mod by the end of the year, but we could be talking next summer. I haven't looked at it in a while, but off the top of my head one of the problems is that my mods depend on uniform images being kept as separate as possible, and if one image stands in for two or three very different types, it causes problems. If this gets untangled I'll have to go over each and every sprite and check them against how they sit on their bases, and reposition the sprites and bases accordingly. Each and every sprite comes in three different formations and faces in six different directions. That's a lot of sprites.

Germanicus

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
The BPW mod is partially constructed but hit a technical snag whose resolution depends on what happens in the next patch. I'm not working on it at the moment, but I'll take another look when the patch comes out. I'd like to think there will be a mod by the end of the year, but we could be talking next summer. I haven't looked at it in a while, but off the top of my head one of the problems is that my mods depend on uniform images being kept as separate as possible, and if one image stands in for two or three very different types, it causes problems. If this gets untangled I'll have to go over each and every sprite and check them against how they sit on their bases, and reposition the sprites and bases accordingly. Each and every sprite comes in three different formations and faces in six different directions. That's a lot of sprites.
Hello Phillipe

I look forward to your upcoming mod release for Bonaparte's War. Your graphic's mods are one of the main reasons I recently purchased Campaigns Austerlitz, Eckmuhl,Wagram,Leipzig, Bautzen and1814.

I thank you for your dedication and skill in crafting your mods.

Vive l'Philippe !:hurray:

Reaction score
Country
llFrance
I've just updated five mods, so all of my Napoleonic mods should now be compatible with both the JTS and the HPS versions of the game.

If anyone sees anything that I've overlooked, please feel free to drop me a line.

I'm currently suffering from excruciatingly slow upload speeds, so only the Box links will take you to the latest version. The Dropbox links take you to an older version and are only there for emergencies.

The screenshots aren't showing up for several reasons, one of which is that they were from Imageshack and I don't really use them as a host anymore. I'll do something about it eventually, but you can still see functional screenshots of my mods over at the Blitz.

http://www.theblitz.org/message_boards/forumdisplay.php?fid=262

BigDuke66

Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Many thanks for the updates.
A question, in the Campaign Jena-Auerstedt Mod are 2 files called npb.GID and user.GID, what are they for?

BTW it's not much but deleting all the Thumbs.DB files could make the files a bit smaller. Much better is packing the mods with winrar, that got me to about 2/3 of the original zip file size.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
Those two files were Microsoft search files and artefacts of an older engine. I've removed them and re-uploaded the mod. I had no idea they were there. Many thanks.

Winrar is certainly superior to Winzip, and is even better at performing Winzip functions than Winzip is, including making Winzip files. The problem is that many people don't know what it is and don't have it, so I'm sticking with Winzip for the moment (what I actually use is 7-zip, but that's another story).

Reaction score
Country
llFrance
The first draft of my Marengo mod is about 90% completed. ETA early September.

There are only two things left to do on it at this point, and one of them is going to wait for the next version, if at all. My big worry at this point is that I have a lot of files with changes rattling around in my main installation of Marengo and I'm hoping that I remember to include them in the release. But something has come up unrelated to the making of this mod that I can't ignore and that could delay everything for a few weeks.

The good news is that when I'm finally done with version 1.0 of this mod, I'm going to revisit the Peninsula mod that I never finished. Working on Marengo may have solved an issue that I was having with it.

When that's done, if there's any time left before Bill's next game comes out, I'll do something about the screenshots in this thread. They used to be hosted by Imageshack which kept getting worse and worse year after year. Now I'm using Imgur, which isn't perfect but the images should hold up for a year or two.

Reaction score
Country
llFrance
Version 1.0 of the Campaign Marengo has been released and a download link added to the list in the first post of this thread.

To see what it looks like, go to the Marengo Mod preview thread elsewhere in this forum.

Reaction score
Country
llFrance
I've revisited my mod for Campaign Wagram and have decided to update it to version 4.3. The link in the first post of this thread will take you to the latest version.

The French flags in the campaign game folder are no longer backwards. The in-game music has been replaced with the background sounds found in the later games in the series (which means you should back up your music folder if you'd rather hear music while you're playing). I've added an extra icon so that you can have separate desktop icons for the campaign game and the battle scenarios. I've also corrected a glitch in one of the horse artillery units.

BigDuke66

Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Thanks .
Would be nice if you not on the first post what the latest version is, especially as the secondary links link to old versions.
And not sure if it matters but packing the mods with 7zip with a good setting makes them a lot smaller, half the current size or less.

Reaction score
Country
llFrance
When you click on a link, if you look in the upper left-hand corner of the download screen you will see the name of the mod, and that always includes the mod number. If you already have that version number, don't bother downloading.

I post these things on a lot of different forums, so I've settled on this as the least labor-intensive way of getting everybody the information they need to know.

I should mention that I have only updated the links to my Box account. If traffic gets heavy I'll try to remember how to update Dropbox.

I'll take another look at my 7-zip settings. The mods with the large downloads are usually the ones with lots of sound files, and I shrink those down by using the lowest sound quality that I considered tolerable at the time I was working on the mod (which tended to be at four in the morning). The quality of the graphics files is already right on the edge, and smaller size/more file compression usually means lower quality.

Reaction score
Country
llFrance
As part of my project of trying to keep these mods up to date, I've uploaded version 4.3 of the Campaign Eckmuhl mod to my Box account. You can find the download link in the first post of this thread.

A word of warning. The latest version of the mod will make the game sound like the recent versions of the game, and will overwrite the music clips in the music folder with background sounds. So if you're sure that you prefer hearing the music clips over and over (and some of them aren't very good), you should back up the contents of the music folder before you install my mod.

Other than that, the next mod that I will harmonize with the JTS Napoleonic games is Napoleon's Russian Campaign. The individual parts of that mod are already finished, I just need to spend a little time assembling it. When I'm done (ETA early next week) I'll take a look at Austerlitz and Jena.

Reaction score
Country
llFrance
I've updated my two Napoleon's Russian Campaign mods to version 4.5 and uploaded them to my Box account. The link in the first post of this thread will take you to the download. I haven't updated the Dropbox link, but will do so if there's a need.

Besides making a few minor adjustments, this version of the mod harmonizes Napoleon's Russian Campaign with the later games in the series. It overwrites the music files with background sounds (so back up your music folder if you prefer music), and it installs and activates the marching and movement sounds from the later games in the series.

As a reminder, there are two separate but related mods here. The first one for Napoleon's Russian Campaign has summer terrain, and the second one for the Retreat from Moscow, has autumn and winter terrain. Install the Napoleon's Russian Campaign first, then make a copy of your modded Napoleon's Russian Campaign folder and copy and paste the Retreat from Moscow mod into it.

The Retreat from Moscow mod uses a lot of the textures from the base Napoleon's Russian Campaign mod and won't work without it. (And the mod is big enough as it is and I needed to save bandwidth).