2D Screen size

Blackcloud6

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I prepfer the 2D screen over the 3D screen but on my current machine (a WIN 8 Machine) the 2D screen is juts too small. Any way to make it bigger?

eastwindrain

Reaction score
Country
ll
Have you installed the latest patch !!!, all the games now have three 2D screen zoom levels.
You didn't say what screen size you have, mine is 23inch NO PROBLEMS and I am 67 years old, and yes I do wear glasses.

My pet hate is games with gigantic vehicles or figs obscuring all of the hex.

Better to ask this question over at the Blitz , not much traffic around these boards.

Hold on I just remembered, I run windows7, so I suppose Windows8 is no better.
Never install hpssims games into a program folder as the patch might not follow the same path.
Always install this way C/HPS Simulations.

Check your install to find what version you are running.

Last edited:

Blackcloud6

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Have you installed the latest patch !!!, all the games now have three 2D screen zoom levels.
You didn't say what screen size you have, mine is 23inch NO PROBLEMS and I am 67 years old, and yes I do wear glasses.

My pet hate is games with gigantic vehicles or figs obscuring all of the hex.

Better to ask this question over at the Blitz , not much traffic around these boards.

Hold on I just remembered, I run windows7, so I suppose Windows8 is no better.
Never install hpssims games into a program folder as the patch might not follow the same path.
Always install this way C/HPS Simulations.

Check your install to find what version you are running.
Thanks.

I thought I installed the patch. I'll have to go back and check. I'm running Windows 8.

eastwindrain

Reaction score
Country
ll
Thanks.

I thought I installed the patch. I'll have to go back and check. I'm running Windows 8.
Start your game, then at top right click " Help ", then in the drop down menu click " About ", this will then display which current version is installed.

Again the problem with windows7 and I guess windows8 is the patch is going to the wrong folder !!!.
If this is the case when you open the patch " Browse " to point it to the correct game folder. OR open patch in a Temp folder and manually drag and drop the files into the correct locations within the game.
I always use the manual option as I have a load of Art Mods installed which I don't want to overwrite.
Hope this helps.